Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors G3
Oct 27, 2009
Oh Please...nothing more than a couple of Android fanboy/Apple haters trying to forecast Apple’s doom based on rumors and speculation, talking out of their asses. If you listen to them you’d think Apple was on the verge of bankruptcy.

Go to the 12:30 mark...guy on the right says he doesn’t use any Apple products and openly calls out the guy on the left as having ‘a vendetta against Apple’.

Do I think Apple has some pricing problems with their product lines? Yup. Mac laptops need some serious reworking too. And the ridiculously powerful iPP hardware needs a more capable OS to better take advantage of all that power. But at the same time, we heard the exact same supply chain rumors last year regarding the X and it turned out to be complete ********, so until we see the earning reports, I’m taking it all with a grain of salt. Every anti-Apple crusader has been latching onto these types of rumors forever, predicting the downfall and doom of Apple. Still waiting...:rolleyes:

The guy on the left is an obvious Samsung fan, and Apple hater(judging from his other videos). He makes no punches about it. But they both made some good points, which Apple nor their fans can't give a legit explanation.

pika2000

Suspended
Jun 22, 2007
Can you easily purchase Pocphone F1 in North American without going to some suspiciously looking websites? And MIUI skin maybe the deal breaker for some people.
Not the point. The point was, the person complained about Apple is form over function, yet in the same post he/she chose a phone where its aesthetic is its selling point over other better spec phone for the price.

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
Oh Please...nothing more than a couple of Android fanboy/Apple haters trying to forecast Apple’s doom based on rumors and speculation, talking out of their asses. If you listen to them you’d think Apple was on the verge of bankruptcy.

Go to the 12:30 mark...guy on the right says he doesn’t use any Apple products and openly calls out the guy on the left as having ‘a vendetta against Apple’.

Do I think Apple has some pricing problems with their product lines? Yup. Mac laptops need some serious reworking too. And the ridiculously powerful iPP hardware needs a more capable OS to better take advantage of all that power. But at the same time, we heard the exact same supply chain rumors last year regarding the X and it turned out to be complete ********, so until we see the earning reports, I’m taking it all with a grain of salt. Every anti-Apple crusader has been latching onto these types of rumors forever, predicting the downfall and doom of Apple. Still waiting...:rolleyes:
Apples guidance is posted for the world to see on it's website. They always seem to be close to hitting the mark when looking forward to the next quarter.

elfy

macrumors 6502
Apr 26, 2011
Glasgow, Scotland
Just ordered a Motorola Moto G6 after my last three phones being iPhones. I just can’t justify continuing to pay the increasingly astronomical prices Apple are charging for the iPhone. Sure the Moto G6 might not be quite as good but it was also £180 and gets VERY favourable reviews. The budget market is very competitive and we’re starting to see lots of higher end features appear. Also, my contract on my SE just ran out and I’m liking only paying for my plan so thought I’d just buy a phone outright so I could continue to do that.

Apple are really starting to price a lot of people out of buying their products.

Reactions: mi7chy

kazmac

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2010
Any place but here or there....
I’ve been an iPhone user since the 3GS, but iPhone 7+ activation woes pushed me toward trying Android.

I hated that Moto Z Play and did not like that I need apps for so many things that are built into iOS.

Anyway, my 7+ is finally starting to get truly wonky (and the bs with text selection and other bugs since iOS 11 has been making me nuts). I need a change and am tired of giving Apple stupid amounts of money for hardware that dies in less than a year.

Android popped back up with the Essential phone: I was hoping Essential would continue making phones as I loved the design.

I do not want a notch, edge to edge screen or pwm riddled phone. Not paying $1k or more for my next phone: my needs are simple. Plus it has to be on Verizon.

So I am waiting and hoping the 7+ will last until I can get a suitable Android replacement.

Reactions: burgman

snow755

macrumors 68000
Sep 12, 2012
am going to be swiching too android with the samsung S10 will be comeing from the iphone 8 pluse

iSheep5S

macrumors 6502a
Jun 4, 2013
Scotland
Change isn't Android to android or iPhone to iPhone. Its iPhone to android or android to iPhone.

I love the features android has that iPhone will possibly put in its walled garden later on. I love the hassle free reliability of iPhone. Its basic but it works and works well. I love seeing the jump android makes over the years. I love being back in my comfy jeans that haven't really changed (iPhone) in a decade.

They are equal but different. I'd say even though I'm on my android phase Apple has the quality over quantity and the seamless experience. Its really windows vs Mac on phones.

burgman

macrumors 68030
Sep 24, 2013
am going to be swiching too android with the samsung S10 will be comeing from the iphone 8 pluse
Maybe Samsung has changed, my last Samsung phone was a note 6, 7 battery barbecue brought me back to iPhone. The incredible amount of non removable bloat and just awful apps that Samsung forced on me is something I can’t support. Even if that has changed now, their fork of Android isn’t something I’m interested in. I’m seriously thinking of returning my Xr and buy a used IPhone 7 or 8 until the smoke clears in the 1K floor of flagships. The effects Tim’s non mea culpa tonight might be the beginning.

Reactions: hemon and kazmac

AustinIllini

macrumors G5
Oct 20, 2011
Austin, TX
Maybe Samsung has changed, my last Samsung phone was a note 6, 7 battery barbecue brought me back to iPhone. The incredible amount of non removable bloat and just awful apps that Samsung forced on me is something I can’t support. Even if that has changed now, their fork of Android isn’t something I’m interested in. I’m seriously thinking of returning my Xr and buy a used IPhone 7 or 8 until the smoke clears in the 1K floor of flagships. The effects Tim’s non mea culpa tonight might be the beginning.
There's always something with a Samsung device I struggle with. My Galaxy S3 was kind of oddly laid out in the launcher, yet I LOVED the feel of the default launcher on that device. Also, the plastic build was a little behind the more refined glass/metal iPhone 4S even though the networking was better.

Since then it's just been bloat that has completely kept Samsung off my list. I LOVE their designed now, but I just don't trust the launcher and all the non-Google services just aren't great.

Reactions: burgman

InuNacho

macrumors 68010
Apr 24, 2008
In that one place
2 months ago I accidentally updated my SE to iOS 11 and learned I could no longer sync it with my Macs running Mavericks, so I found a good new in box S8 Active and its been pretty good since then. Dropped in a 128gb SD card and now I have a good chunk of my music library on it.

Swampbaby985

macrumors regular
Nov 25, 2013
East Texas
My last iPhone that I've had was the 7+ honestly the ONLY thing I really miss about the iPhone is iMessages. I love the customization options on my Pixel device. I mean sure when you think of flagship the Pixel won't be the phone that comes to mind but it works for me. The biggest gripe I have about Android is the software updates. That's why I switched from Samsung to the Pixel, I get the latest version of Android on my phone instantly as well as monthly security patches.

Russiaone

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2010
To be clear, I still own an iPhone. I bought waaaay too many apps to just quit cold turkey.

My heavy investment in the ecosystem is what kept me tethered.

But then... I realized Apple would never get past that grid of icons.

I comprehended Apple wanted my iPhone to look just like everyone else's iPhone.

I was finally cognizant of the fact features Android phones have had for years appear on iPhones years later and dumbed down.

All that equals a boredumb only Apple knows how to provide in the smartphone world.

trinec

macrumors member
Jun 1, 2019
Never thought I'd switch, but... oh, wait!

In the past I used Windows Mobile 5.x/6.x and was happy. Then - suddenly the first iPhone got announced and needed to be imported and activated with much trouble to use it out of the states. This was the beginning for a iPhone life till, now (atm I'm on iPhone X).

My first Android experience was given with a Moto Milestone 2 on Android 2 that was given to me as a business phone. Holy ****, even without any usage it lasted till noon - I used it for just two days to try some Android things and never used it again. After this I used iPhone 3, 3GS, 4, 4s, 5, 5s, 6+, SE, 7, SE (again), X and all within my friends and family have Apple. I don't use any social networks or messenger (no FaceBook, VKONTAKTE, Odnoklassniki, Insta, WhatsApp, Telegram or anything else). So I'm perfect fine with iMessage and SMS fallback and Facetime. Even the sync to my Macs and iPads is my amazing feature and never worried about anything.

Suddenly I got a request the develop the same App for Android and thought "omg, wtf". Ok, got a Huawei P20 with Android 9 and have been absolutely amazed. Could easily create and deploy my own Apps, battery lifetime is amazing, cam amazing, OS handling with Android 9 amazing and the Desktop Mode to use it on a USB-C dock is the best feature!

What got me back to Apple. Face-ID - there isn't any Device out yet, that would take Facescans on a higher level. Maybe the upcoming Pixel 4 will change. I love to have Notifications on the sceen, but the content is not readable - just hold the Face to it and it shows up. So a teammate could only see that my wife wrote but not that she's mad or horny at me... perfect! If I just tap the display it'll show me what she wants - and maybe I can still dismiss it if she's worried :p Yes, this also works on Android but is less secure. The next big level is Apple Watch - I try to leave the iPhone as most as possible at home - so I'm really fine with AW Cell. to be reachable if it's really important and to make calls if really needed. There isn't any competition to any other watch on Android Wear out there right, now. I need to pay, rec./make calls & messages... "It just works".

Give Android and manufactors just one or two years and there is no reason for Apple iPhone anymore.

csurfr

macrumors 68020
Dec 7, 2016
Seattle, WA
For me, it was because of all of the issues that I had with other Apple products. I owned a 2016 macbook pro...keyboard issues. 2017 macbook pro...keyboard issues. 2018 macbook pro, T2 issues. It wasn't like I owned one of each model year either. I went through 3 or 4 2016 models, 2 of the 2017, and 2 of the 2018.

I gave Apple a fair shot before switching to a surface book 2, and have been happy with it. Windows 10 is doing fine, and the keyboard is great to type on. I dabbled with the Pixel 3xl, and ultimately settled on the ceramic s10+. I'm going to pre-order the Note as well.

I've also ditched my HomePod(s) and replaced them with sonos (beam, 3x One), and have recently ordered a chromecast ultra to replace my AppleTV 4k.

To be honest, it wasn't hard to switch at all, and I can't say that I miss anything from Apple at this point. It's nice to be able to use my devices the way I want to, not the way another company wants me to.

breezeblocks

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2014
I still own apple stuff, (iPhone XR, iPad, Apple TV, MacBook air) however, find my pixel 2 is used way more than my iPhone. To me, it's all about the camera which is leagues ahead, even with Apple's smart HDR. The pixel seems to produce photos that look more like a DSLR than a mobile phone camera.

The pixel's notifications and always on display also make the phone more enjoyable to use. I'll probably replace my MacBook and iPad with a Chromebook and Apple TV with Chromecast in time.

Macpro2019

Suspended
Jun 7, 2019
Switching ios to samsung (android) for the first time. I’m bored with ios (iphone). I like to try new things and explore new stuff. Never used android but this note 10 plus...yeah i’m more than willing to break ecosystem to try something new.

Reactions: Shanghaichica

Swampbaby985

macrumors regular
Nov 25, 2013
East Texas
Switching ios to samsung (android) for the first time. I’m bored with ios (iphone). I like to try new things and explore new stuff. Never used android but this note 10 plus...yeah i’m more than willing to break ecosystem to try something new.
Of all Android phones out there why did you settle on that phone as your first Android experience?

majkom

macrumors 68000
May 3, 2011
I am tired by apple, but dont want pwm plagued phone.. so if there will be any flagship without pwm, I am in... but until that I will probably end with ip 8 plus:(

JPNFRK7

macrumors 6502a
Sep 27, 2012
California
Have had my Pixel 2 for 2 years after having iPhones for years. Wanted something different, and was tired of buying practically the same phone in a new shell. Im now not biased to either phone and when the Pixel and iPhones come out I will make my decision then. Currently loving my Pixel but do miss some stuff syncing between my iPad and Mac.

Reactions: Wide opeN
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.