Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

michael9891

Cancelled
Sep 26, 2016
As someone who uses his Note 8 on basic, I'm hoping I find the display on the 2XL just fine! Card has finally been charged, ready to be shipped on Tuesday.

Just got to decide if I should start fresh like I usually do on new devices or copy everything from my Note.

AustinIllini

macrumors G5
Oct 20, 2011
Austin, TX
As someone who uses his Note 8 on basic, I'm hoping I find the display on the 2XL just fine! Card has finally been charged, ready to be shipped on Tuesday.

Just got to decide if I should start fresh like I usually do on new devices or copy everything from my Note.
I would set the screen to "saturated" out of the box and be aware there is a blue phase shift that you get used to. Other than that, enjoy your device in good health!

slitherjef

macrumors 65816
Feb 8, 2012
Earth
So, I might have ordered a Pixel 2 XL and it might be coming either the 15 or 16.

Maybe.

So this is like a Schrödinger's cat type of post? o_O lol :p

---

Oh that reminds me, I took my first photo with my xl 2 the other day in crappy house lighting just to test of the camera is going to crash and otherwise just use it.

When I viewed the image later on with my Nexus 6 p (p for pos... unfortunately) it showed the animation like the iOS live photos.

I was surprised to see this on my other device. I did have the option to turn off the live motion and just view the still.

Kind of cool feature but I'm not entirely sure when I'd really use it.

Last edited:

Michael Goff

Suspended
Jul 5, 2012
Whoa! Why the change of heart Mr. Goff?

Well, I've been hearing great things about Google's warranty. So if I run into the burn in? Boom, they'll get that sorted out. I also played with the Pixel XL again with 8.1 and realized that it was almost as fast as my Note8.

Imagine what it's going to be like with a newer chipset.

I'm also going to take so many cat pictures with it. So many.

I guess it can be summed up as listening to those that have the phone talk about how some of the issues are overblown (thank you Russel Ivanovic) and Google standing behind their product. I listen to a few podcasts about Android and started doing research.

Then came the "can I afford this" side and I'm probably rambling at this point though I will say I'm going to look at the natural colors before I decide if I'm switching. Also, definitely throwing on the beta to 8.1 as soon as I can.

v0lume4

macrumors 68030
Jul 28, 2012
Well, I've been hearing great things about Google's warranty. So if I run into the burn in? Boom, they'll get that sorted out. I also played with the Pixel XL again with 8.1 and realized that it was almost as fast as my Note8.

Imagine what it's going to be like with a newer chipset.

I'm also going to take so many cat pictures with it. So many.

I guess it can be summed up as listening to those that have the phone talk about how some of the issues are overblown (thank you Russel Ivanovic) and Google standing behind their product. I listen to a few podcasts about Android and started doing research.

Then came the "can I afford this" side and I'm probably rambling at this point though I will say I'm going to look at the natural colors before I decide if I'm switching. Also, definitely throwing on the beta to 8.1 as soon as I can.
Good stuff. Congratulations. :) That's very exciting. I can't wait to hear what you think about it!

Reactions: 5105973 and deany

co.ag.2005

macrumors 68020
Jun 17, 2009
Fort Worth, TX

AustinIllini

macrumors G5
Oct 20, 2011
Austin, TX
I've been missing mine too. I pre-ordered the black and panda 2 XL during the keynote. I used the black one as a test device and sent it back at the end of my 14-days. Definitely missing it can't wait for the panda to arrive today!
Avatar change is in order. There is severe shortage of Pandas in this thread

Reactions: 5105973

nospleen

macrumors 68030
Dec 8, 2002
Texas
I am still loving my 2XL. My son recently switched from an iPhone SE to a Pixel 2 and he loves it as well. I expected him to try it and switch back, but he’s been very happy and taken to his Pixel 2.

I was listening to Joel Osteen the other day and the sermon made me think of the Pixel. (I know, I know, I am doing it wrong...) He said someone will leave someone who gives them 80% of what they want for someone who will give them just the 20% that is missing. The Pixel is not perfect, but it does give me the 80%. I am not going to drop it for the 20%. Now, I am still hoping to find that 100%’er, but maybe that will be the Pixel 3, lol.

deany

macrumors 68030
Sep 16, 2012
North Wales
I am still loving my 2XL. My son recently switched from an iPhone SE to a Pixel 2 and he loves it as well. I expected him to try it and switch back, but he’s been very happy and taken to his Pixel 2.

I was listening to Joel Osteen the other day and the sermon made me think of the Pixel. (I know, I know, I am doing it wrong...) He said someone will leave someone who gives them 80% of what they want for someone who will give them just the 20% that is missing. The Pixel is not perfect, but it does give me the 80%. I am not going to drop it for the 20%. Now, I am still hoping to find that 100%’er, but maybe that will be the Pixel 3, lol.
Joel Osteen would be happy with 20% of your net worth, but the con man would be even happier with 100%, to bolster his $60M net worth.
Anyhow.
Glad you're both happy with the Pixel 2 did you go for nearly blue?

Reactions: Tig Bitties

nospleen

macrumors 68030
Dec 8, 2002
Texas
Joel Osteen would be happy with 20% of your net worth, but the con man would be even happier with 100%, to bolster his $60M net worth.
Anyhow.
Glad you're both happy with the Pixel 2 did you go for nearly blue?

My son's 2 is white and my XL is the black version. The blue in person looked good though!

michael9891

Cancelled
Sep 26, 2016
I have this case too and really like it. I do wish it had just a little bit more grip. Otherwise, it's perfect.

How do you find it for keeping clean? I've had leather ones for my 3 most recent iPhones. Never had a fabric one before. Partly why I chose black over cement for not showing dirt as much.

nospleen

macrumors 68030
Dec 8, 2002
Texas
How do you find it for keeping clean? I've had leather ones for my 3 most recent iPhones. Never had a fabric one before. Partly why I chose black over cement for not showing dirt as much.

I use diluted simple green to keep it clean. On occasion, I'll use a damp towel after a shower to wipe down. But, simple green is great to remove any oils or residue in general.

I went black for the same reason and haven't had any issues. My son is in 8th grade and not nearly as clean or picky as me, but his still looks new too.

Reactions: michael9891

michael9891

Cancelled
Sep 26, 2016
I use diluted simple green to keep it clean. On occasion, I'll use a damp towel after a shower to wipe down. But, simple green is great to remove any oils or residue in general.

I went black for the same reason and haven't had any issues. My son is in 8th grade and not nearly as clean or picky as me, but his still looks new too.
Once I finally decide between the Pixel and the Note, I might get the cement as well. Although they're on back order. There doesn't seem to be a big choice online for the Pixel 2/2XL.

Tracking info has been updated to say delivery tomorrow!

nospleen

macrumors 68030
Dec 8, 2002
Texas
Once I finally decide between the Pixel and the Note, I might get the cement as well. Although they're on back order. There doesn't seem to be a big choice online for the Pixel 2/2XL.

Tracking info has been updated to say delivery tomorrow!

I picked mine up at a local Verizon store. They also gave 25% off due to a discount with my employer. Might be worth a shot to check on your end.

Also, I meant to add. I did spray the fabric with a scotch guard type spray. Not sure if it helps, but probably worth doing if you go with the cement color.

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
I picked mine up at a local Verizon store. They also gave 25% off due to a discount with my employer. Might be worth a shot to check on your end.

Also, I meant to add. I did spray the fabric with a scotch guard type spray. Not sure if it helps, but probably worth doing if you go with the cement color.
that is a great idea! I always hesitant to get cloth type covers. I always thought they might stain If i spilled something on them. But scotch guard! Brilliant! :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.