Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

co.ag.2005

macrumors 68020
Jun 17, 2009
Fort Worth, TX
Just trying to inject some positivity.

it's much needed! there's way too many android vs ios (samsung vs iphone) threads lately. I'm just going to hang out in this one for a while and likely not many others. ;)
[doublepost=1510699492][/doublepost]
It’s so beautiful. :eek:

Thanks! And even more so in person!

slitherjef

macrumors 65816
Feb 8, 2012
Earth
I know with what I had said earlier, the following may be crazy or contradictory but...

There is a good chance I may be ordering another XL 2 :eek:o_O

It'd actually be for my sis for holiday birthday gift to replace her aging note 4. She is wanting a cleaner android experience. I just hope she knows what this device is.

AustinIllini

macrumors G5
Oct 20, 2011
Austin, TX
I know with what I had said earlier, the following may be crazy or contradictory but...

There is a good chance I may be ordering another XL 2 :eek:o_O

It'd actually be for my sis for holiday birthday gift to replace her aging note 4. She is wanting a cleaner android experience. I just hope she knows what this device is.
You should take hr note 4, be like "Here, cleaner experience" and drop it in the sink and wash it.

And just as she's about to murder you hand her the box with the Pixel XL in it. #teampixel

slitherjef

macrumors 65816
Feb 8, 2012
Earth
I do wonder if there is going to be a slight hardware revision. I think something like that happened with the essential and a couple of nexus phones. Just wondering. I mean because I really jumped the gun when the pixel 2s where announced.

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
I do wonder if there is going to be a slight hardware revision. I think something like that happened with the essential and a couple of nexus phones. Just wondering. I mean because I really jumped the gun when the pixel 2s where announced.
It was hard not to jump the gun. When I watched the IPhone X debut on the Keynote I was mostly excited about the LTE Watch (which is everything I hoped it would be). When I saw Google’s presentation the Panda made my jaw drop. I miss the AOD with the music info on it.

mackie8

macrumors 6502a
Nov 6, 2014
Im back hahaha.......
I had a 2weeks affair with iphone X....
Using it side by side with my OG pixel XL...
Honestly.... Love the iphone X only for BT purpose and im liking the faceid thing....
Still missing android......

Im having BT issue with my OG XL after oreo... My phone will connect but no sound playing on the BT headset... Only for music like spotify ,youtube...
For a call its fine.....

How's the BT with the smaller pixel 2?
I know its running oreo too but i hope BT 5.0 will make a difference.....

Michael Goff

Suspended
Jul 5, 2012
Im back hahaha.......
Honestly.... Love the iphone X only for BT purpose and im liking the faceid thing....

Im having BT issue with my OG XL after oreo... My phone will connect but no sound playing on the BT headset... Only for music like spotify ,youtube...
For a call its fine.....

BT 5.0 won't make a difference until people make accessories that support 5.0. Also, has issues with my OG XL until I did a factory reset. Or maybe it's the 8.1 beta that fixed it?

mackie8

macrumors 6502a
Nov 6, 2014
BT 5.0 won't make a difference until people make accessories that support 5.0. Also, has issues with my OG XL until I did a factory reset. Or maybe it's the 8.1 beta that fixed it?

are u having same issue? once i restart my phone it will work normally...
have u updated to the november patch?

mackie8

macrumors 6502a
Nov 6, 2014
I had the issues with BT audio until I factory reset the phone. Now the audio is amazing.
I went to apple store to try airpods on my OG pixel XL... Im surprised.... That with airpods works well with my OG pixel...
Haha now its down to my bose headphone coz this is a 3 yr old soundlink on ear

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
Im back hahaha.......

For a call its fine.....

I feel stupid but I didn’t think to try to connect to my BT headphones while I had my Pixel 2. My husband was going to but didn’t get around to testing his. I just assumed it would work fine since I’ve never had BT connection problems on any of the many phones I have owned. I use wired and dongles unless I’m traveling and then I use my Beats because it has noise cancellation and covers my whole ear. At home I want to be able to hear my surroundings so I use cheaper earbuds or now I just play music on the Echo.

I don’t use BT in my car much anymore. I did for awhile but now I either listen to Sirius XM on the car or talk with my passengers.
[doublepost=1510757474][/doublepost]
Spoke to Google about the video recording issue. Emailed them a video that clearly shows how bad it is. Hope I don't have to give up the Pixel so soon because of it!
That was smart. I feel like an idiot. I should have just called Google and talked to them about what was going on with my video. I was just wary after what happened with me trying to get in touch with Samsung about my pink display and never getting through and running out of the return period and getting stuck with a phone that really could be better. I just wanted it to go back and get my money back and try again another time. These higher and higher phone prices have made me “twitchy”. I would feel more confidence if the return period could be extended to three weeks instead of two. I felt confident buying my HTC 10 because it was 30 day’s return policy and the price was very reasonable.

I miss that phone. I think I am going to put my sim back in it and give it another run.

Reactions: michael9891

tbayrgs

macrumors 604
Jul 5, 2009
Hey, little bonus from Google. I returned my 2 XL last week but they still sent me the code to use for a free Google Home Mini (after the return was processed). Just got it today.
[doublepost=1510760070][/doublepost]
Hey, little bonus from Google. I returned my 2 XL last week but they still sent me the code to use for a free Google Home Mini (after the return was processed). Just got it today.

Has anybody with a Pixel also ordered/received the Pixel buds? I’m curious to see how the translation works in real world scenarios.

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
I'll see if I can upload a video later and you can see just how bad it is. Because aside from that, absolutely loving the 2XL.
Lol, I will most definitely take your word for it. I became very ill for over an hour after viewing another video with banding in it. Fortunately I was at home and recovered well enough to drive and pick up the kids and run errands. Such views are not for people who suffer migraines or seizures.

I am very glad my own Pixel 2 did not do full on banding here at my house, with the mixed lighting. Is all of your lighting of the LED variety? I am rethinking our plans to replace all of our bulbs with LED. Fortunately we can still get incandescent bulbs for the chandeliers. I had no idea they flicker. This might explain why I now get very sick and disoriented shopping in some stores that changed their lighting recently after remodels. I have cut down my time in groceries by a lot and had set up Amazon subscriptions for much that we need. I thought it was good they no longer use those nasty old fluorescent tubes, but if they changed to LED with subtle flickering, that seems no better for me. I did not understand why I felt worse after the remodels. These stores used to use a mixture of halogen and fluorescent which wasn’t a thrill either.

I guess I’m not meant for cutting edge progress and modern life!
[doublepost=1510761870][/doublepost]
[doublepost=1510760070][/doublepost]

Has anybody with a Pixel also ordered/received the Pixel buds? I’m curious to see how the translation works in real world scenarios.
I got that code too but my husband thought once they process my return they might charge me for the mini so he advised me to not redeem it.

BrightCanon

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2008
Anyone else notice the speaker makes a slight pop sound anytime it turns off? I thought it must just be my phone but I went to a Verizon store and both Pixel 2s there did it also.

Also can you guys hear the processor in the phone if you put it up to your ear? Just want to make sure I dont have a dud.

Any input would be super helpful.

michael9891

Cancelled
Sep 26, 2016
@GrumpyMom Almost all the lights in the house are LED. I've tried the video on all resolutions and the result is the same in my room. Strangely, in one of the rooms with LED lights (slightly different type to the rest), there's no flicker.

Tried video on all resolutions using the Note 8 and not even a hint of flicker.

I admit, I'm a fussy person but I don't go looking for probelms. This is just far too severe to ignore and hope an update fixes it. I've read all about screen burn, blue tint (which I can see at some angles but am fine with), colour problems but none of that has been a probelm.

I'm tempted to purchase another now to see if it's maybe a hit or miss thing. I'm going away in 4 weeks, so need to know I have a fully working phone with me. It really is a great phone.

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
Anyone else notice the speaker makes a slight pop sound anytime it turns off? I thought it must just be my phone but I went to a Verizon store and both Pixel 2s there did it also.

Also can you guys hear the processor in the phone if you put it up to your ear? Just want to make sure I dont have a dud.

Any input would be super helpful.
I could hear the processor in almost all of my phones if I stuck them up to my ear and everything else is quiet. I don’t remember hearing any pops on my Pixel 2 when I had it. Music quality was good on the speakers. Call quality was okay, average, medium. Meaning there was some background noise. I get that with iPhones too though. I sound like a broken record because I have posted this so many places but only my HTC 10 has ever given me pure crystal clear audio both from and to my callers on phone calls. Everything else has static or hiss or is broken up from time to time.

Reactions: BrightCanon

co.ag.2005

macrumors 68020
Jun 17, 2009
Fort Worth, TX
@GrumpyMom Almost all the lights in the house are LED. I've tried the video on all resolutions and the result is the same in my room. Strangely, in one of the rooms with LED lights (slightly different type to the rest), there's no flicker.

Tried video on all resolutions using the Note 8 and not even a hint of flicker.

I admit, I'm a fussy person but I don't go looking for probelms. This is just far too severe to ignore and hope an update fixes it. I've read all about screen burn, blue tint (which I can see at some angles but am fine with), colour problems but none of that has been a probelm.

I'm tempted to purchase another now to see if it's maybe a hit or miss thing. I'm going away in 4 weeks, so need to know I have a fully working phone with me. It really is a great phone.

I'll have to do some testing with mine. My whole house has LED flood lights (can, recessed lighting). I did a sample video the other day and didn't notice any weird behavior. I'll try again a few times this week to see if I have any issues.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.