Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fernandez21

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2010
I'm on O and it's a mixed bag with me. I'll be having this great connection, then move my head a certain way and BT cuts out completely.

I'm using Phiaton 100BT NC.

It's been pretty rock solid for me, using Air Pods. The only time I have any trouble is when I connect one ear and then switch to the other, but once connection has been made it's been good.

Michael Goff

Suspended
Jul 5, 2012
It's been pretty rock solid for me, using Air Pods. The only time I have any trouble is when I connect one ear and then switch to the other, but once connection has been made it's been good.

Yeah, AirPods are the bees knees. But couldn't use them due to loud noises and no seal.

Fernandez21

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2010
Yeah, AirPods are the bees knees. But couldn't use them due to loud noises and no seal.

What's your usage like? I had a pair of Samsung Icon X headphones and they were awesome, but battery life was pretty bad, would max out at about 2 hours usage before having to stick them back in their case it if that works for you, I would highly recommend them.

Michael Goff

Suspended
Jul 5, 2012
What's your usage like? I had a pair of Samsung Icon X headphones and they were awesome, but battery life was pretty bad, would max out at about 2 hours usage before having to stick them back in their case it if that works for you, I would highly recommend them.

I wear them at work while I clean up somewhere between two hours and eight hours a day depending on what day it is. How long is the charge?

Fernandez21

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2010
I wear them at work while I clean up somewhere between two hours and eight hours a day depending on what day it is. How long is the charge?

About 2 hrs per usage, the case has enough juice to recharge them twice, so you get about six hours total, but remember you can charge the case while using the headphones. My big gripe was that I tend to listen for hours on end, and 2 hours is just too short for me.

Michael Goff

Suspended
Jul 5, 2012
About 2 hrs per usage, the case has enough juice to recharge them twice, so you get about six hours total, but remember you can charge the case while using the headphones. My big gripe was that I tend to listen for hours on end, and 2 hours is just too short for me.

Wait.

Two hours to charge and two hours use? :Blinks: What?

nviz22

Cancelled
Jun 24, 2013
The leaked model's bezels are gross. Can't believe Google is still sticking with the awful bezels.

Tig Bitties

macrumors 603
Sep 6, 2012
So the 128GB version will be available in stock come March 2019.

I hope this isn't another launch, with extremely limited supply and out of stock mostly.

JackieInCo

Suspended
Jul 18, 2013
Colorado
Buy it pre-owned from Swappa or wherever if interested, got a very good deal on it and I sold my smaller Pixel.
[doublepost=1502809743][/doublepost]

Yep, I will just wait like the last time when I purchased the first one.
I think I'm just going to skip it. It's so close now to when a new phone will be announced and I've kind of gone back to using my Note 5 as my daily and leaving my S8+ and S7 Edge at home. The Note 5 is still super fast and the battery still lasts as if it were new. I can easily make it last another year. The Note 8 doesn't interest me because I have the S8+ already.

spinedoc77

macrumors G4
Jun 11, 2009
I think I'm just going to skip it. It's so close now to when a new phone will be announced and I've kind of gone back to using my Note 5 as my daily and leaving my S8+ and S7 Edge at home. The Note 5 is still super fast and the battery still lasts as if it were new. I can easily make it last another year. The Note 8 doesn't interest me because I have the S8+ already.

The Note 5 was so far ahead of the pack that it's still very viable as a flagship. You're the only smart one here versus all of us dummies spending money every year.

epicrayban

macrumors 604
Nov 7, 2014
Between Note 8 and cheaper S8 models, the LG V30 and cheaper G6, and the iPhone 7S models and the iPhone 8, the Google Pixel 2 is going to have to be pretty special to stand out. For those pure Android enthusiasts who really value immediate software updates, the Pixel is a given, but for the mainstream and general users, will the Pixel 2 be able to stand out in such a crowd?

Especially if the smaller of the two looks so similar to last year's? Apple can get away with the 7S models looking three years old because, well, Apple, but Google can't pull that same stunt, I don't think. Can the Pixel 2 XL stand out?

Reactions: jamezr

Michael Goff

Suspended
Jul 5, 2012
Between Note 8 and cheaper S8 models, the LG V30 and cheaper G6, and the iPhone 7S models and the iPhone 8, the Google Pixel 2 is going to have to be pretty special to stand out. For those pure Android enthusiasts who really value immediate software updates, the Pixel is a given, but for the mainstream and general users, will the Pixel 2 be able to stand out in such a crowd?

Especially if the smaller of the two looks so similar to last year's? Apple can get away with the 7S models looking three years old because, well, Apple, but Google can't pull that same stunt, I don't think. Can the Pixel 2 XL stand out?

Nope.

Too many phones out this year that are trying the "no bezel look.

Reactions: epicrayban

epicrayban

macrumors 604
Nov 7, 2014
Nope.

Too many phones out this year that are trying the "no bezel look.

Supposedly the Pixel 2 XL will join that party. It should be similar to the G6 or V30, apparently, since it's being made by LG.

It's the smaller of the two, the regular Pixel, that's rumored to retain the same bezels from last year, which I think is a big mistake from Google. This one is being made by HTC, a company that doesn't have a single flagship with anything near bezel-less.

But even so, even with the Pixel 2 XL design, I'm not positive the Pixel 2 will stand out in any special way.

spinedoc77

macrumors G4
Jun 11, 2009

Yeah I just commented in the v30 thread about the rumored $749 pricing. You can be sure the XL2 will be $1000 to match the iPhone 8, but if it's just a Google branded v30 then that's price gouging for sure. Although I already feel the pixel lineup is price gouging as Google is double dipping by making money off your eyeballs AND making money off the hardware sale.

Reactions: epicrayban

epicrayban

macrumors 604
Nov 7, 2014
Yeah I just commented in the v30 thread about the rumored $749 pricing. You can be sure the XL2 will be $1000 to match the iPhone 8, but if it's just a Google branded v30 then that's price gouging for sure. Although I already feel the pixel lineup is price gouging as Google is double dipping by making money off your eyeballs AND making money off the hardware sale.

I'd be shocked if the Pixel 2 XL is near $1000 just to price match the iPhone 8. I predict it'll remain in the $750-850 range.

The current Pixel lineup is definitely overpriced.

Fernandez21

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2010
I'd be shocked if the Pixel 2 XL is near $1000 just to price match the iPhone 8. I predict it'll remain in the $750-850 range.

The current Pixel lineup is definitely overpriced.
Depends on storage. I can see the higher storage priced at $900, after tax your getting really close to $1,000

Reactions: epicrayban and MRU
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.