Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

S.B.G

Staff member
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
I certainly hope those prices aren't going to end up the actual prices when they're announced.

epicrayban

macrumors 604
Nov 7, 2014
They look very fake. Look at how rough the edges are for renders.

google-pixel-2-xl-white1.jpg

They could be bad renders but based on solid info.

[doublepost=1505848169][/doublepost]Here's the Pixel 2 regular in "Kinda Blue"

pixel-2-kinda-blue2.jpg

More here: http://www.droid-life.com/2017/09/19/google-pixel-2-kinda-blue-price/

The Pixel 2 will arrive in Kinda Blue, Just Black, and Clearly White. It’ll be sold with 64GB and 128GB of storage and priced at $649 and $749, respectively.

The white Pixel 2 is different than the white Pixel 2 XL, if this is all accurate:

pixel-2-clearly-white3.jpg

Reactions: v0lume4 and MRU

epicrayban

macrumors 604
Nov 7, 2014
I really don't know what Google is doing with their Pixel strategy. It sounds like a mess. And looks like it, too.

So if the latest proves true, the regular Pixel 2 will be priced at:

$649, 64GB
$749, 128GB.

And the Pixel 2 XL will be:

$849, 64GB
$949, 128GB

Those are some lousy prices for both models and for different reasons. Crazy.

noobinator

macrumors 604
Jun 19, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
I'm diggin' the Oreo look, you know to go with Oreo :D

These are most likely real leaks IMO. Very pricey even compared to last year. I think last year 32gb was the lowest though.

Last edited:

Tig Bitties

macrumors 603
Sep 6, 2012
I'm a big Nexus fan, but with this INSANE pricing on the XL, I'd as soon choose the iPhone 8 Plus 64GB for much cheaper than the Pixel XL

Plus what's the availability ? Will this be on back order for 9+ weeks at Verizon, and the Google Store always being sold out.

Reactions: epicrayban

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
I really don't know what Google is doing with their Pixel strategy. It sounds like a mess. And looks like it, too.

So if the latest proves true, the regular Pixel 2 will be priced at:

$649, 64GB
$749, 128GB.

And the Pixel 2 XL will be:

$849, 64GB
$949, 128GB

Those are some lousy prices for both models and for different reasons. Crazy.
At those prices.....the V30 is looking better and better.....just have get LG to actually release it! :-(

epicrayban

macrumors 604
Nov 7, 2014
For me, the Pixel 2 represented a nexus point (see what I did there?) where both hardware and software was finally going to come together and really offer a competitive "whole package." There would finally be hardware that's on par with Samsung's, and software that was adding useful features other OEMs had. And on top of that, all the wonderful Googly advantages like unlimited Photos backups, Google Assistant, timely updates, cleaner software, etc.

But that potential has since tanked in dramatic fashion as rumors and details slowly emerged, especially with regards to the smaller/regular Pixel 2. And now these prices and likely accurate designs?

What in the world happened here.

Last edited:

epicrayban

macrumors 604
Nov 7, 2014
It's a $200 price gap between the Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL.

Let that sink in.

[doublepost=1505849807][/doublepost]
All we can hope is the front is better because I am not feeling the stormtrooper look. That kinda blue is awful and tepid too from the really blue pixel. What are Google doing ???

Yes. The blue from last year was much nicer.

Last edited:
Reactions: MRU

c0ppo

macrumors 68000
Feb 11, 2013
2017 = insane prices.

But since this is Google phone, even if it was for 'just' 500$, I still couldn't purchase it. Google hates selling their phones in Europe :(

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
At those prices.....the V30 is looking better and better.....just have get LG to actually release it! :-(
Yeah it's looking like I'll be keeping my really blue XL and replacing my G6 with a V30 at this rate.

I highly suspect Google won't have the Pixel 2 XL for sale here, and the thought of paying the import premium on an already expensive device, means a 128gb XL 2 would be approaching iPhone X pricing here. (Over 1k)

Whereas I still suspect the V30 will be €500 on import by Christmas.

slitherjef

macrumors 65816
Feb 8, 2012
Earth
Wow, Google really don't want to sell these phones do they?

I mean people will buy them, but for me it's getting harder to justify the price for these things for what you get.

Stock Android for almost 1 thousand dollars?

Reactions: Tig Bitties

noobinator

macrumors 604
Jun 19, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
Wow, Google really don't want to sell these phones do they?

I mean people will buy them, but for me it's getting harder to justify the price for these things for what you get.

Stock Android for almost 1 thousand dollars?

Just a sign of the times. People will pay it, so companies will charge it. iPhone X starts at $999, Note 8 is $929 (I think?), Pixel 2 XL will be $849 - the big dogs are following each other.

Reactions: slitherjef

S.B.G

Staff member
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
Wow. I really don't want to pay that much for a phone.... but it's looking like I'll have to. Though I am interested in the regular Pixel, not the XL and 64GB will do me just fine.

Reactions: MRU and jamezr

v0lume4

macrumors 68030
Jul 28, 2012
Yeah, I'd really rather prefer this white-on-white look than the storm trooper look.

What's so exciting about the upcoming Pixels is that, at the end of the day, none of us really have any idea what to expect. The iPhone X notch design was leaked/speculated MONTHS ago.

Regarding the rumored pricing, I really hope that isn't true. I feel that Google is missing a great opportunity. As device makers like Apple et al. begin charging ~$1000 for flagship phones, this is the perfect opportunity for Google to come out with a terrific device and show people, "Look, here's a phone with everything you'd want. For $700." I feel that it'd really start making people ask themselves, "Is Apple ripping me off? Is Samsung ripping me off?" But no, instead (if the rumors are true), Google is just trying to get a piece of the pie themselves.

And, yes, you can get into the topic of psychological pricing, but I feel that term begins to mean less and less as you get into $1000 territory, especially if you aren't Apple.

Tig Bitties

macrumors 603
Sep 6, 2012
So another Verizon exclusive only for U.S. carriers. I recall last year the Pixel XL being back ordered FOREVER, it would show like 8 to 9 weeks to get one through Verizon, and that was in January after the phone was out a few months already.

Same with the Google Store, to get the specific color and GB version you wanted was very difficult, was sold out a lot, and when back in stock, you had seconds to order it, before it was out again.

I am very curious how supply will be handled this time from Google ?

And the good old days, when a Nexus phone was 11 months old, and right before the launch of the new one, Google would slash the price nearly in half. Well the Pixel XL has dropped maybe $100, where I think Google should be selling the ( 2016 ) Pixel XL for $399 at this point.

Reactions: epicrayban

S.B.G

Staff member
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
Having only started looking at the Pixel in the last week or so, I was digging that blue color on the current model, but the "kinda blue" color in the leaks today "kinda sucks" IMO.

Aneres11

macrumors 601
Oct 2, 2011
I swear if they mess with that sexy blue on the current model for this 'kinda **** blue' I will raaaage.

I honestly have a feeling I am going to be disappointed in this.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.