Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

slitherjef

macrumors 65816
Feb 8, 2012
Earth
Is anyone having issues having to swipe notifications away multiple times to get it to actually swipe away? It drives me nuts!

Yup. Also swipe up to unlock. Both devices. No screen protector. Also noticed with my case I seem to end up with touch issues on the sides and corners like when picking resolution menu on YouTube.

noobinator

macrumors 604
Jun 19, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
I have a plastic screen protector on my regular 2 and I don't have that issue. I do have the occasional problem of trying to open a link and missing reaptedly. This may be my eyes or coordination though haha

nospleen

macrumors 68030
Dec 8, 2002
Texas
Yup. Also swipe up to unlock. Both devices. No screen protector. Also noticed with my case I seem to end up with touch issues on the sides and corners like when picking resolution menu on YouTube.

Hopefully they fix that, it isn't the end of the world, but is frustrating.

co.ag.2005

macrumors 68020
Jun 17, 2009
Fort Worth, TX
Last edited:

slitherjef

macrumors 65816
Feb 8, 2012
Earth
Okay... Just ran the battery down to about 5% and plopped the thing on the charger, my typical charging station and outlet on the strip.

I'm using the Nexus 6p charging brick and cable because I know that works.

Let's see if there is any change

Edit:
It's charging! At 66% and 25 min to go!

Last edited:
Reactions: Cryates

Cryates

macrumors 68040
Nov 19, 2013
Okay... Just ran the battery down to about 5% and plopped the thing on the charger, my typical charging station and outlet on the strip.

I'm using the Nexus 6p charging brick and cable because I know that works.

Let's see if there is any change

Edit:
It's charging! At 66% and 25 min to go!
So is it a charger brick issue?

On another note, my wife is going to be ordering a panda soon. Here's to hoping her device will be a good one! I'm still in love with mine after a month. Any worries of moving back to iOS are in the rear view mirror at this point.

Last edited:
Reactions: co.ag.2005

slitherjef

macrumors 65816
Feb 8, 2012
Earth
So is it a charger brick issue?

Right now it looks to be just that. Took a bit over 2 hours to get charged. I do think the phone slows down closer to 100% or trickle charges the last couple percent.

It charged quickly once I plugged it in.

I'll test out the brick and cable on my sister's phone to see if that's an issue or if these phones are just touchy with charging.

If I have to use the 6p cord, that's ok, it'd be better then another RMA

Reactions: Cryates

noobinator

macrumors 604
Jun 19, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
Right now it looks to be just that. Took a bit over 2 hours to get charged. I do think the phone slows down closer to 100% or trickle charges the last couple percent.

It charged quickly once I plugged it in.

I'll test out the brick and cable on my sister's phone to see if that's an issue or if these phones are just touchy with charging.

If I have to use the 6p cord, that's ok, it'd be better then another RMA

That's how charging works in general. The lower the % the faster it will go up in %. Then as it approaches 100 it slows.

Sparky2012

macrumors 6502
Jul 16, 2012
United Kingdom
I'm close to pulling the trigger on the Pixel 2 XL from Carphone Warehouse, but I need to know a few things:

What is their return policy like? I want to have the option to return the phone if it doesn't live up to my expectations.

Also, If there is ever an issue with the phone whether thats later on, or soon after buying, I'm assuming I can send to Google for repair or replacement?

michael9891

Cancelled
Sep 26, 2016
I'm close to pulling the trigger on the Pixel 2 XL from Carphone Warehouse, but I need to know a few things:

What is their return policy like? I want to have the option to return the phone if it doesn't live up to my expectations.

Also, If there is ever an issue with the phone whether thats later on, or soon after buying, I'm assuming I can send to Google for repair or replacement?

You get 14 days at Carphone Warehouse (I've done it recently). If you have trouble later on, you can send it to Google but you won't be able to get a replacement before sending a faulty one back. I checked this Google and that's why I chose them direct over CPW.

Reactions: Sparky2012

Sparky2012

macrumors 6502
Jul 16, 2012
United Kingdom
You get 14 days at Carphone Warehouse (I've done it recently). If you have trouble later on, you can send it to Google but you won't be able to get a replacement before sending a faulty one back. I checked this Google and that's why I chose them direct over CPW.

Do Carphone Warehouse offer that return policy if buying the item in-store too? I know some stores/companies seem to remove the ability to return an item if bought in-store vs online.

michael9891

Cancelled
Sep 26, 2016
Fair enough. Don’t mind buying it online anyway.

Thanks for your help. Can I ask why you returned your Pixel 2 XL? Was it due to an issue?

Yes, I had a problem with it and wanted to try other phones. But currently have another which I bought from Google and will be keeping until the next Pixel. If you know about Quidco & Topcashback, you can get £10/£10.50 from CWP.

Aneres11

macrumors 601
Oct 2, 2011
Do Carphone Warehouse offer that return policy if buying the item in-store too? I know some stores/companies seem to remove the ability to return an item if bought in-store vs online.

If you buy the phone in store Sim free, you have 14 days to return the device and exchange it for ANY other device. You cannot refund and straight return. It has to be an exchange. And you can only do it once.

So it's anything you wanna swap it for. If you swap for a more expensive device you pay the difference, if it's less you get the difference refunded there and then.

I know as I used to work there and I also bought an XL and reutrned it for a smaller 2 in the new year. :)

Reactions: Sparky2012

michael9891

Cancelled
Sep 26, 2016
So it's anything you wanna swap it for. If you swap for a more expensive device you pay the difference, if it's less you get the difference refunded there and then.

So technically, you could exchange it for the cheapest phone they sell (£14.99) and get all the rest back?

Sparky2012

macrumors 6502
Jul 16, 2012
United Kingdom
If you buy the phone in store Sim free, you have 14 days to return the device and exchange it for ANY other device. You cannot refund and straight return. It has to be an exchange. And you can only do it once.

I know as I used to work there and I also bought an XL and reutrned it for a smaller 2 in the new year. :)

Ah I see, good to know. How’s the smaller Pixel 2 treating you?

Last edited:

steelcityguy

macrumors newbie
Nov 15, 2017
Florida East Coast
If you buy a Pixel from anyone other then Google, you are on your own. Not purchased from Google, no warranty, they don't want to repair it. A Pixel refurbished for a great price, Google is offering either model. If you are buying, get it from Google.

michael9891

Cancelled
Sep 26, 2016
If you buy a Pixel from anyone other then Google, you are on your own. Not purchased from Google, no warranty, they don't want to repair it. A Pixel refurbished for a great price, Google is offering either model. If you are buying, get it from Google.

Not true. Google will repair or replace as long as it’s within the warranty period. I’ve been told that on more than one occasion and have it in writing. They just won’t offer a replacement before receiving the faulty one.

Reactions: cdd543

steelcityguy

macrumors newbie
Nov 15, 2017
Florida East Coast
Not true. Google will repair or replace as long as it’s within the warranty period. I’ve been told that on more than one occasion and have it in writing. They just won’t offer a replacement before receiving the faulty one.
[doublepost=1517273076][/doublepost]I'm sorry. I should have specified you must be the original owner. My bad.

steelcityguy

macrumors newbie
Nov 15, 2017
Florida East Coast
That's also not true. I got a replacement OG pixel from Google that I bought on swappa. They told me the warranty follows the phone not the person. I'm in US for reference.
[doublepost=1517273878][/doublepost]Ok, good to know. I'm assuming the warranty starts with the date of the original buyer. Sorry for the misinformation. What is the Pixel, 2 years? Thanks, Dave

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.