Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JaySoul

macrumors 68030
Jan 30, 2008
I went with this one so it would still show the black on my panda!
Spigen Liquid Crystal Google Pixel 2 XL Case
51v65TH172L._SL1000_.jpg

I went with this one too for the same reason (Panda)...

But ended up returning it to Amazon. I really wanted a super thin clear case, this was definitely protective but chunkier than what I wanted.

So went for Fabric case but will still wait for the right thin clear case as a secondary cheaper one.

Reactions: jamezr

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
Awww...that is sweet of you to ask! I get my cast off Monday! WooHoo! Wonder how long those fingernails will be after 6 weeks in a cast lol
Oh my, if your nails are long enough, we can get a potato phone camera and we can photograph you holding some weird looking “prototypes” and start some Pixel 3 or iphone XI rumors! :p

I’m glad the cast is coming off soon. I bet it’s still not soon enough!

I have broken bones but not in places where a doc could put the bone in a cast, so I don’t know firsthand what you’re going through, I can only guess from seeing my mom and dad deal with casts. I broke a toe once not that long ago and my tailbone twice in two different school fights. And no, I didn’t try punching anyone with my butt! :p Darned desks got in the way both times. :cool:

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
@jamezr Is the broken arm the reason you’ve been a less frequent presence lately? I was hoping you hadn’t gone the way or MRU. Enjoy your contributions to this board. Wish MRU would stop in again as well.
It is the broken hand.....it is my dominant hand. So i was able talk my doctor to leaving my forefinger out of the cast. So i have to grip a pencil and peck at the keyboard lol. It makes for a lot of errors and frustration...then using my mouse with my left hand is.....very frustrating. But 4 more days!
Thanks for the concern! I really enjoy all the people on this sub forum! All of you are like my online family lol :)

e6d30577aca652cc4074d1e726499e27.jpg

LukinLedbetter

macrumors 6502
Mar 13, 2014
So you’re a huntin’ Pecker now a days! :D

I’ve dealt with broken fingers before, which is a pain. I couldn’t imagine putting up with just two fingers of use on my dominant hand.

nviz22

Cancelled
Jun 24, 2013
It is the broken hand.....it is my dominant hand. So i was able talk my doctor to leaving my forefinger out of the cast. So i have to grip a pencil and peck at the keyboard lol. It makes for a lot of errors and frustration...then using my mouse with my left hand is.....very frustrating. But 4 more days!
Thanks for the concern! I really enjoy all the people on this sub forum! All of you are like my online family lol :)

e6d30577aca652cc4074d1e726499e27.jpg

Feel better. Speedy recovery to you as well.

Aneres11

macrumors 601
Oct 2, 2011
The squeeze feature is the best thing ever.
I love squeezing and telling assistant to set timers for cooking etc. I use it everyday.

Too early to even discuss I guess, but I wonder how Google will handle the Pixel 3 this year. If they will stick to different designs for the smaller and larger, or if they will make them Samsung S8 like with there literally being no difference in design other than size.

Will sure be interesting.
Having the Pixel 2 also makes me excited for what the 3 could potentially be like. Can't wait for October already! :D

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
The squeeze feature is the best thing ever.
I love squeezing and telling assistant to set timers for cooking etc. I use it everyday.

Too early to even discuss I guess, but I wonder how Google will handle the Pixel 3 this year. If they will stick to different designs for the smaller and larger, or if they will make them Samsung S8 like with there literally being no difference in design other than size.

Will sure be interesting.
Having the Pixel 2 also makes me excited for what the 3 could potentially be like. Can't wait for October already! :D
I am soooo with you....love my Pixel 2 XL but really looking forward to the P3....

Reactions: Aneres11

Aneres11

macrumors 601
Oct 2, 2011
Pixel XL3 should basically be the 2 but with better specs and a much better screen.

Most of us said that about the Pixel 2 before it was unveiled haha. Minus the screen thing. "better specs and less bezel" I believe we wanted over the OG Pixel and here I am with a Pixel 2 that has bigger bezels than last year's model!! :eek:

Dat software. :D

Cryates

macrumors 68040
Nov 19, 2013
I'd like to see the different color options stay per each device. Actually, I'd like to see them get creative and find a way to offer a unique color for each user. Not like a swappable back plate, but maybe a Moto mod type of system.

And just hone in on the hardware, because the software is there no doubt.

Last edited:

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
Pixel XL3 should basically be the 2 but with better specs and a much better screen.
Kinda...now that Google has acquired some employees from HTC ...we might see some nice hardware improvements and quality control.
[doublepost=1517529259][/doublepost]
Can't wait for Pixel 3 either! Have a feeling with a Samsung screen and being engineered by those 2,000 HTC folk, it will be significantly better built than this already decent LG one.
my thoughts too :) I want wireless charging too....

Reactions: 5105973

JPNFRK7

macrumors 6502a
Sep 27, 2012
California
I went with this one so it would still show the black on my panda!
Spigen Liquid Crystal Google Pixel 2 XL Case
51v65TH172L._SL1000_.jpg
My mom got that case. She has had her 2XL for almost two months in that case. Only problem with it, is it is already starting to yellow as clear cases do.

LukinLedbetter

macrumors 6502
Mar 13, 2014
Here’s a pic that shows the two side by side. Both are set to “saturated” and 100% brightness. Neither have night mode turned on. They’re set the exact same. But clearly the one on the right has almost no blue shift compared to the one on the left.

Why oh why can’t LG just manufacture a consistently good panel? Anyway, happy to have a good one finally. Hopefully there’s no other issues that crop up with this one.

Attachments

• E60BEECB-622A-4743-A34F-EE14603520F9.jpeg
    E60BEECB-622A-4743-A34F-EE14603520F9.jpeg
    629.6 KB · Views: 141

Ralfi

macrumors 601
Dec 22, 2016
Australia
Yup. If you wanted to lol.
I'm sure they may persuade you not to haha but as far as I know you could.
[doublepost=1517313085][/doublepost]

It's a dream.
The XL is a great phone in it's own right. But a 6" screen is far too big for me to comfortably carry around unless I have a handbag or something to throw it into day to day. :p. Which I do not. :D

The screen is better on the smaller model and there is nothing you are losing other than battery (and the battery is very good) and obviously, larger screen.

Everyone's tastes are different and that's why it's good to have choice. I toyed with the idea of a 2XL but it's just far too big. I felt validated in that decision when I was out with a work mate last night who has an S8 Plus which isn't too dissimilar in size to a 2 XL.
That size is just all kinds of wrong for me now. I love using my phone one handed. And dat kinda blue. :D
A Pixel 3 (non XL), within a smaller frame (minimal bezels) would be a very interesting alternative option this year.

JaySoul

macrumors 68030
Jan 30, 2008
Portrait mode is astonishing, especially on the front-facing camera (how, Google, HOW?).

The only slight issues I've had a call related, not being so solid with my Samsung Gear S3, and at night the blacks are awful on the screen, all over the place. No other issues, though.

I'm delighted, and interestingly, I'm seeing more "normal people" - for we are not normal, don't argue - picking up Pixels instead of iPhones. I think Google is getting through.

Aneres11

macrumors 601
Oct 2, 2011
I can't believe how much I have grown to love this Pixel.

I always liked it, but it never grabbed me like the iPhone X did which I was really enamoured with.

But once I started using it properly, I began to appreciate the blend of hardware and software. I really like the design of the phone and the blue still impresses me.

It will take a lot to make me swap it out and currently, the only thing I can see me changing for is a new qwerty BlackBerry (KEYtwo) or the new Xperia flagship whenever and if ever they come.

HTC U12 could grab me but I think Sense needs an overhaul first, same with LG's skin which I personally found to be one of the worst ones out of the big manufacturers.

Imagine if I didn't change my phone until October / November for the Pixel 3 or iPhone 11(?).
o_O

Pigs might fly first... :D

LukinLedbetter

macrumors 6502
Mar 13, 2014
Imagine if I didn't change my phone until October / November for the Pixel 3 or iPhone 11(?).
o_O

Pigs might fly first... :D

THIS is truly my goal. Bouncing around between phones is an Android thing. Apple folks just get one new phone to drool over each year. We get about one a month! I am completely satisfied with everything about my P2XL, especially now that I’ve got one with a great screen. The camera alone is a HUGE value for me. Of course, I’ve said things like this in the past and then ended up with a different phone in my pocket before I was done typing the post. :rolleyes:

Aneres11

macrumors 601
Oct 2, 2011
THIS is truly my goal. Bouncing around between phones is an Android thing. Apple folks just get one new phone to drool over each year. We get about one a month! I am completely satisfied with everything about my P2XL, especially now that I’ve got one with a great screen. The camera alone is a HUGE value for me. Of course, I’ve said things like this in the past and then ended up with a different phone in my pocket before I was done typing the post. :rolleyes:

Lol we don't help each other round these parts...!
But where's the fun in having no variety and choice!

The only time it isn't fun is when you give into tempations from a new seductress (phone lol) and regret selling / getting rid of your old one after a few days...!
We've all been there I'm sure. :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.