Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheBigKing

macrumors 65816
Jul 27, 2010
PR
Anyone has this problem?
80c951da7df003ed34fb32f6166bf8ad.jpg

Tig Bitties

macrumors 603
Sep 6, 2012
Currently on DP3 and loving it, but for some reason the DP4 OTA update just isn't there for me yet. I keep refreshing and checking for system update, and it searches for a minute, and says there's no update available.

Aneres11

macrumors 601
Oct 2, 2011
CarPhoneWarehouse having a sale at the moment and have reduced the price of the Pixels - again!

Regular Pixel - £499.

XL - £549.

Very very reasonable.

P20 Pro's are down to £669 but for some reason the blue Pro model is only £629 in Currys (sister company).

Again, very good.

Galaxy S9 - £619
Also extremely reasonable.

Note 8 still £869. Just lol.

The reason I post in here is because those Pixel prices are really quite good for anyone in the UK looking to pick one up. :)

Michael Goff

Suspended
Jul 5, 2012
I've noticed that, occasionally, I have to restart my Pixel 2 XL on the latest P beta because scrolling becomes sluggish and the battery is occasionally bad around the time that the phone heats up for no reason.

Am I alone?

Macalicious2011

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2011
London
CarPhoneWarehouse having a sale at the moment and have reduced the price of the Pixels - again!

Regular Pixel - £499.

XL - £549.

Very very reasonable.

P20 Pro's are down to £669 but for some reason the blue Pro model is only £629 in Currys (sister company).

Again, very good.

Galaxy S9 - £619
Also extremely reasonable.

Note 8 still £869. Just lol.

The reason I post in here is because those Pixel prices are really quite good for anyone in the UK looking to pick one up. :)

Both the P20 and Pixel 2XL will come down in price this fall. Anyone who can, should wait.

FFR

Suspended
Nov 4, 2007
London
I figured out an exact time when it shuts itself off. It's whenever I initially plug it in to any power source. Contacted support, and I'm sending it in. They couldn't figure out the problem over the chat.

I used to think it was just q.c. Issues but it’s something else.
Hope google sorts it out for you.

Michael Goff

Suspended
Jul 5, 2012
I used to think it was just q.c. Issues but it’s something else.
Hope google sorts it out for you.

Let's hope so. For now, I was able to get my hands on a family member's iPhone 8 (not Plus). I'll be using that starting later today.

FFR

Suspended
Nov 4, 2007
London
Let's hope so. For now, I was able to get my hands on a family member's iPhone 8 (not Plus). I'll be using that starting later today.

That’s lucky, personally I would never use a pixel without an iPhone. Not very reliable at the end of the day.

Tig Bitties

macrumors 603
Sep 6, 2012
Still don't have the OTA update for DP4. It still showing the current June 5th patch only, which is DP3 that I'm running.

akuma13

macrumors 6502a
Jan 10, 2006
it's strange a good number of people here have had issues with the phone or betas. Mine is virtually fault free. Sometimes I wonder "are my standards really low?". Then I snap back into reality and go through the past headaches I've had with previous Android phones. I guess I'm just lucky with the Pixel 2XL.

maka344

macrumors 68020
Nov 4, 2009
London, UK
Rocking DP4 now, and holy cow, just so nice. Smooth. Fast. No issues so far, absolutely daily driver ready. Zero bloatware, zero lag. It just works :)

In my opinion, this is the best Android has to offer, I'll take a Pixel 2 XL running Android P DP4 over any new Galaxy S9+, or HTC U12, or LG G7.

Why do you prefer it over the Samsung offerings? I'm interested as I like the Samsungs but tempted by pure Android.

samven582

macrumors 6502a
Jan 2, 2009
wanted to try the pixel 2 xl again. Ordered it last Tuesday and received it last Friday. I love the camera but the built quality is trash. Mine came with a nice speck of dust behind the camera and a dead pixel. I'm not sure its worth trying a replacement.

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
wanted to try the pixel 2 xl again. Ordered it last Tuesday and received it last Friday. I love the camera but the built quality is trash. Mine came with a nice speck of dust behind the camera and a dead pixel. I'm not sure its worth trying a replacement.
Googles quality control is horrible. It took me 4 replacements before I got a P2 XL without issues.

JaySoul

macrumors 68030
Jan 30, 2008
it's strange a good number of people here have had issues with the phone or betas. Mine is virtually fault free. Sometimes I wonder "are my standards really low?". Then I snap back into reality and go through the past headaches I've had with previous Android phones. I guess I'm just lucky with the Pixel 2XL.

Yeah it's bizarre. Got my 2 XL from Gumtree (like Craig's List) for a bargain price and I haven't had a single problem with it, other than that screen crush thing at night - which basically works better for me as I shouldn't use my phone in bed!!

Been very lucky, fully acknowledge a lot of people haven't, especially with earlier builds.

JaySoul

macrumors 68030
Jan 30, 2008
FYI I got the July security update today for the Pixel 2.

No idea what's different. Not a clue.

epicrayban

macrumors 604
Nov 7, 2014
Question: If you buy a Pixel 2 from Verizon, and then take that to a GSM network, how do software updates work? Will you still get it direct from Google and at the same time as unlocked Pixel 2's?

And do you need to get an unlock code from Verizon when you make the move to leave them?

Thanks in advance...

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
Question: If you buy a Pixel 2 from Verizon, and then take that to a GSM network, how do software updates work? Will you still get it direct from Google and at the same time as unlocked Pixel 2's?

And do you need to get an unlock code from Verizon when you make the move to leave them?

Thanks in advance...
The Verizon Pixel is unlocked for all carriers. All updates come from Google. The only thing locked down on a Verizon Pixel is the boot loader. TMK there is not a way to unlock that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.