Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mi7chy

macrumors G4
Oct 24, 2014
It's fake. Is it too difficult to take a screenshot versus using a potato to record a blurry video of what looks like a photoshop job?

spinedoc77

macrumors G4
Jun 11, 2009
The XL is sounding real nice so far. How does the esim work? I think I will miss physical sims because they allow me to avoid the $30 tax/activation crap Verizon charges, and I can just swap my sim from phone to phone without having to call them. So with an e-sim I'm assuming I have to call Verizon every time I switch phones?

Reactions: Tig Bitties

spinedoc77

macrumors G4
Jun 11, 2009
http://www.slashleaks.com/l/clearer-google-pixel-2-screen-protector-pictures

I'm liking the the XL 2 front as it makes it look like there will be stereo front facing speakers instead of the iPhone / U11 implementation. We'll see, I guess.

Nice, I'm also loving that it seems like it will have front facing stereo speakers. For the life of me I can't fathom why this is so rare. No I don't want a Bluetooth speaker I have to carry around, I just want to get nice sound out of my phone with no accessories. Bezels look phenomenal!! No curved edges!! Man I'm getting excited.

Regular Pixel: My god, they didn't spare the ugly stick I see. I feel bad for you small phone guys, those bezels are ridiculous in 2017. It has no cutout for a front home button/fp sensor, so all that bezel space is just totally wasted?

epicrayban

macrumors 604
Nov 7, 2014
Regular Pixel: My god, they didn't spare the ugly stick I see. I feel bad for you small phone guys, those bezels are ridiculous in 2017. It has no cutout for a front home button/fp sensor, so all that bezel space is just totally wasted?

I guess all that space could mean they're good speakers?

But yeah, it's a real shame about the Pixel 2. A real real shame. #youwerethechosenone

JPNFRK7

macrumors 6502a
Sep 27, 2012
California
http://www.slashleaks.com/l/clearer-google-pixel-2-screen-protector-pictures

I'm liking the the XL 2 front as it makes it look like there will be stereo front facing speakers instead of the iPhone / U11 implementation. We'll see, I guess.

Is it just me or does it seem like the physical size of the two phones will be similar? I've been going back and forth on XL or not based on physical size and the protectors make them look like they are going to be similar.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Is it just me or does it seem like the physical size of the two phones will be similar? I've been going back and forth on XL or not based on physical size and the protectors make them look like they are going to be similar.
I thought same looking at that image.

Reactions: epicrayban

v0lume4

macrumors 68030
Jul 28, 2012
I guess all that space could mean they're good speakers?

But yeah, it's a real shame about the Pixel 2. A real real shame. #youwerethechosenone
The Pixel 2's only saving grace (imo) will be if it starts at $650. Otherwise, I could see the standard Pixel 2 hardly selling at all, save for the folks that strictly want a Pixel but do not want a large phone.

co.ag.2005

macrumors 68020
Jun 17, 2009
Fort Worth, TX

yeah. that's why I'm taking the leak with a grain of salt

epicrayban

macrumors 604
Nov 7, 2014
The Pixel 2's only saving grace (imo) will be if it starts at $650. Otherwise, I could see the standard Pixel 2 hardly selling at all, save for the folks that strictly want a Pixel but do not want a large phone.

I believe the rumor is that the Pixel 2 will stay at $650 for the base model. While that is more affordable, it's still high for a premium device that will be missing wireless charging and a more modern design.

Reactions: v0lume4

Tig Bitties

macrumors 603
Sep 6, 2012
I never understood the desire people wanting these tiny phones anyways. a 5" or 4.7" is so small, might as well get a old cell phone. Plus the worst part about these small phones is the tiny useless batteries they put in them, they'd never last a full day with heavy use.

I've always liked the bigger phones for one main reason, the bigger battery inside = longer battery life. Plus with the bezels being reduced on these larger phones, they make them pretty compact today. Few years ago, a 6" phone was brick and gigantic. But today a 5.8" or even 6" phone is barely much bigger than the old 5.3" sized phones.

v0lume4

macrumors 68030
Jul 28, 2012
I never understood the desire people wanting these tiny phones anyways. a 5" or 4.7" is so small, might as well get a old cell phone. Plus the worst part about these small phones is the tiny useless batteries they put in them, they'd never last a full day with heavy use.

I've always liked the bigger phones for one main reason, the bigger battery inside = longer battery life. Plus with the bezels being reduced on these larger phones, they make them pretty compact today. Few years ago, a 6" phone was brick and gigantic. But today a 5.8" or even 6" phone is barely much bigger than the old 5.3" sized phones.
You have to admit though...

The comfort of using, say, an iPhone SE one-handed is unmatched.

This is coming from a Nexus 6P (5.7" screen) user. :D

Reactions: MRU

S.B.G

Staff member
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
How will the Google announcement be covered on Wednesday? Do they do a keynote address like Apple does? If so what is the best way to watch it, is it streamed on YouTube perhaps? What did they do last year with the original Pixel announcement?

epicrayban

macrumors 604
Nov 7, 2014
How will the Google announcement be covered on Wednesday? Do they do a keynote address like Apple does? If so what is the best way to watch it, is it streamed on YouTube perhaps? What did they do last year with the original Pixel announcement?

Yes, they hold an event. And usually there's a live stream on YouTube, if I'm not mistaken.

Reactions: S.B.G and v0lume4

Tig Bitties

macrumors 603
Sep 6, 2012
You have to admit though...

The comfort of using, say, an iPhone SE one-handed is unmatched.

This is coming from a Nexus 6P (5.7" screen) user. :D

Never had that phone, those 4" iPhone's were a major turn off to me, seemed like a Fischer Price kids toy.

I went back to my Nexus 6P, after having the iPhone 7 Plus and Galaxy S8+, I find the 6P better than those two phones. Call me crazy, but stock Android with a killer stable ROM + kernel can't be beat.
[doublepost=1506721134][/doublepost]

Google's events are nowhere near the big show as what Apple does. But the new phones will probably go up for pre order right after that event, and be immediately sold out and the exact color and size you want not in stock until January.

That's just how Google runs :)

You need to be ready to pre order the phone within the first 2 seconds it goes live, otherwise you're looking at 2018 to get the phone. At least that's how Google has done every new Nexus and Pixel launch the past 8 years. Absolute **** tastic inventory and zero preparedness for their phone launches.

This being Google's 8th or 9th year now, so there's a possibly they got their act together finally.

LOL yeah right

Last edited:

S.B.G

Staff member
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
Google's events are nowhere near the big show as what Apple does. But the new phones will probably go up for pre order right after that event, and be immediately sold out and the exact color and size you want not in stock until January.

That's just how Google runs :)

You need to be ready to pre order the phone within the first 2 seconds it goes live, otherwise you're looking at 2018 to get the phone. At least that's how Google has done every new Nexus and Pixel launch the past 8 years. Absolute **** tastic inventory and zero preparedness for their phone launches.

This being Google's 8th or 9th year now, so there's a possibly they got their act together finally.

LOL yeah right
Yeah, that’s sort of what I’ve been gathering the last couple of weeks reading everyone’s comments in this forum. I’m a bit afraid of that happening again this year. Quite baffling for such a large company as Google is.

Is it possible that after they announce the new ones, that the current models will still be available to purchase and at a reduced price?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.