Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

michael9891

Cancelled
Sep 26, 2016
Well isn't the release date for the XL not until Nov. 15th.

Or are you saying it won't ship until end of December ? If that's the case, F you Goog
[doublepost=1507138799][/doublepost]Just checked to pre order, and shows the Pixel 2 XL 7 weeks out.

How are people saying the new Pixel will deliver on October 19th ?
It said ships in 5-6 weeks with a delivery date if November 15-17. Still available now with the same delivery time (XL2).

Did anyone in the uk order one and get an October delivery date?

Hustler1337

macrumors 68000
Dec 23, 2010
London, UK
I'm seriously looking at the Pixel, cause I'm bored to tears of iPhone. But my biggest concern would be managing two 'sets' of Photos. For example, all my photos since 2014 exist in iCloud Photo Library. I don't know if I'd be annoyed with, say, the next two year's worth of photos existing in Google Photos (or whatever its called). I'm sure that's a minor complaint, but has anyone here actually got experience with managing two 'sets' of photos on two different services.

How easy would it be to migrate photos from Google back to iCloud if I switched back to iPhone? I don't think I'd want to import my iCloud library into Google because I'd lose all the Live Photos and other features not supported by Google services.
Trust me, you'll have no issues transferring from iCloud Photos to Google Photos. I've done it myself without issues and the Google Photos app and artificial intelligence is heads and shoulders above those offered by the Photos app in iOS. Google Photos does support live photos.

You'll have no issues reverting back to iCloud either. Make the switch!

Last edited:
Reactions: potentmf and deany

Packers1958

macrumors 68000
Apr 16, 2017
South Dakota
I am seriously thinking about the Pixel 2XL. 6 inch OLED screen, 128 GB for $949. Thats cheaper than the X with 64 GB. Plus no bloatware. Basically the same size as an iPhone 8 plus.

widgeteer

Suspended
Jun 12, 2016
Anyone else trying to order the XL b/w 128gb and whenever you hit "Checkout" it refreshes back to the screen without doing anything?

Eh. changed to "Just black", it went through. I guess the b/w is super popular. I don't care that much.

My delivery date is October 24-25. So much for the Nov 15th launch of the XL, eh?

avtella

macrumors 6502
Nov 11, 2016
Seemingly unpopular opinion but I think a notch with equally small bezels on the other 3 edges looks better then the no-bezel sides with both a chin and forehead look, even if they are reduced in size. So personally the Pixel 2 XL didn’t wow me but definitely competes with other android phones announced this year. But the iPhone X takes the cake as far as design is concerned for me. One more month....

Nothing wrong with having an opinion, popular or not, everyone has their own interests. I actually like the 2XL, just think they unnecessarily curved the edges as it’s a non edge to edge phone. I’m sure we will see phones with true edge to edge displays with sensors/cameras behind the glass eventually.

michael9891

Cancelled
Sep 26, 2016
The black/white models have slipped to December in the UK now. Mid November for mine isn't too bad but annoyed I didn't try to order sooner!

Tig Bitties

macrumors 603
Sep 6, 2012
Really like the panda white color option, but it's 7 weeks out. Think I'll wait before preordering now, maybe someone else will have in stock sooner ?

Hustler1337

macrumors 68000
Dec 23, 2010
London, UK
Eh. changed to "Just black", it went through. I guess the b/w is super popular. I don't care that much.

My delivery date is October 24-25. So much for the Nov 15th launch of the XL, eh?
The black/white version is ugly af in my opinion, so i'm surprised it's already sold out in the space of a few minutes. The 'just black' is a lot better and sleeker.

co.ag.2005

macrumors 68020
Jun 17, 2009
Fort Worth, TX
Well isn't the release date for the XL not until Nov. 15th.

Or are you saying it won't ship until end of December ? If that's the case, F you Goog
[doublepost=1507138799][/doublepost]Just checked to pre order, and shows the Pixel 2 XL 7 weeks out.

How are people saying the new Pixel will deliver on October 19th ?

the black xl 128GB is shipping Oct 18 for me

Reactions: LukinLedbetter

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
The 2XL seems to be a strong contender for me against the Huawei P10 Plus.

We'll see what's what in five months when my two iPhones are paid off.

iTom17

macrumors 6502a
Aug 2, 2013
Eindhoven, the Netherlands
I'm not gonna lie: these Pixel phones do seem impressive to me. And they were clearly taking a ditch at Apple a few times. For example, for not excluding features from the smaller model. Or for not needing a second lens to have Portrait Mode.

These definitely look like good phones, and I'm looking forward to the reviews. But nothing will make me want to sell my iPhone 8 Plus. One, because I'm already 'locked' into Apple's ecosystem. Two, because the difference aren't that awfully big. I mean, that camera score that DxOMark? I'm ready to believe that, but those numbers don't mean anything for most users I think. For me, everything that counts is having a good camera. And iPhone 8 Plus has a good camera in my opinion. So there's no complaining about that one. I'm sure the new Pixel's have a great camera too, no doubt about it. Same goes for many other things.

I'm not such a fan of the design though. And those prices... I mean, a few years ago I bought the LG Nexus 5X for just a few hundred bucks. That was a pretty damn good phone. But $849 for the Pixel 2 XL? That's even more than the iPhone 8 Plus, which many people believe is 'too expensive'. :rolleyes:

Again, I look forward to the reviews. Let's put these devices next to the iPhone 8 and 8 Plus, and compare them. Or even better, compare them with the iPhone X as soon as that one is out.

Billburns

macrumors 6502
Mar 27, 2017
Usa
$849... looks amazing

Attachments

• 53260513-B73D-4FF0-A9D5-5F4F3E874D7C.jpeg
    53260513-B73D-4FF0-A9D5-5F4F3E874D7C.jpeg
    434.8 KB · Views: 188

avtella

macrumors 6502
Nov 11, 2016
Yep ecosystem is also something that ties people down, in addition to being accustomed to a certain UI. Hey at least both are pushing each other to be better so it’s a win win for both sides.

Reactions: BeeGood

Hustler1337

macrumors 68000
Dec 23, 2010
London, UK
I don't understand why Google opened up the Pixel for pre-orders immediately while the event was going on?

They should have given people at least 24 hours to make their decision before opening up the store for pre-orders.

Reactions: Tig Bitties

widgeteer

Suspended
Jun 12, 2016
I don't understand why Google opened up the Pixel for pre-orders immediately while the event was going on?

They should have given people at least 24 hours to make their decision before opening up the store for pre-orders.

Nah, it's actually really smart. The fever to grab it NOW NOW NOW hits folks pretty quickly while watching this. TEch blogs are all acting as advertising platforms by live streaming it.

Reactions: Sensamic

deany

macrumors 68030
Sep 16, 2012
North Wales
Just to answer my own question before:
Pixel 2 in UK and EU has 2 year warranty, unlike apples poxy 12 months

my 'Just black' 5" Pixel 2 is arriving 19th to 23rd Oct with light grey fabric case.

10 year iPhone owner.

Where are folks getting their screen protectors?

thanks
IMG_1080.PNG

Last edited:

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Great tech but no watch and no real tablet like the ipad makes it a no go for me. No wireless charging either.

I still think someone could purchase the Google Pixel and an iPad to have the best of both worlds. I don't think there's many competitors To compete with the level of the iPad hardware and iOS , but the Google Pixel is definitely a contender to the iPhone X.

Reactions: deany and avtella
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.