Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cryates

macrumors 68040
Nov 19, 2013
:eek: Wow maybe I should look into that. I had originally been planning to kill my second line with AT&T. Though I think we are stuck with another year of commitment to it but my husband said we could wrangle a way to keep my favorite phone number and bring me back to one AT&T line before when I was going to kill my second line.

Great, my husband is texting me and saying he thinks taxes and fees will make it not worth moving to. But Pixels barely work on AT&T, right.? I wish I knew.
It doesn’t “barely work” - I mean, it works. Just like any other phone.

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
It doesn’t “barely work” - I mean, it works. Just like any other phone.
I don’t know. I was reading that WiFi calling and VoLTE aren’t supported. Nor hi def calling but I don’t think I’ve got that on anyway. My HTC 10 seems to work fine and it was using cellular exclusively so I’m probably overreacting.

Tig Bitties

macrumors 603
Sep 6, 2012
:eek: Wow maybe I should look into that. I had originally been planning to kill my second line with AT&T. Though I think we are stuck with another year of commitment to it but my husband said we could wrangle a way to keep my favorite phone number and bring me back to one AT&T line before when I was going to kill my second line.

Great, my husband is texting me and saying he thinks taxes and fees will make it not worth moving to. But Pixels barely work on AT&T, right.? I wish I knew.

Pixel phones work perfectly fine all 4 U.S. carriers no problem. They have all the network modems for everyone. The Pixel 2 XL on ATT would work 100% great.

Reactions: nviz22 and 5105973

Cryates

macrumors 68040
Nov 19, 2013
Pixel devices with Preferred Care appear to be only a $79 deductible for the replacement. Does anyone know if that is accurate?

Edit: $79 for Pixel 2, $99 for Pixel 2 XL

Reactions: v0lume4

mi7chy

macrumors G4
Oct 24, 2014
This smartphone is really ugly. Especially for the price point you have to pay in Europe.

Pixel 2, iPhone 8 and iPhone X are ugly in their own ways but with Pixel 2 it more than makes up for it with its smarts that make your life easier. Plus, you're likely to throw a case on it anyway or get black. The other two are dumb no matter what and you can't cover the notch with a case.

widgeteer

Suspended
Jun 12, 2016
I forgot about the whole e-sim thing. I wonder how it'll work with T-Mobile? I had planned on just taking the sim out of my Note 8 and putting it in my Pixel 2 XL when it arrived.

Or does it still have a nano-sim slot for non-Fi users?

https://www.droid-life.com/2017/10/05/pixel-2-phones-use-esim-wont-even-need-sim-project-fi/

Yup. Still has a nano sim slot. Thank god, because e sim means probably having to call your carrier to activate and I want no part of calling my carrier ever.

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
It’s crazy, I hunted down every rumor on the IPhone X prior to the Keynote. I really liked what I saw for iphone X for the Keynote, too. And then I had time to think about things and realize I’m really ecstatically happy with my iPhone 7 Plus. With my new LTE Apple Watch arriving today, I can even go back to enjoying running my IPhone SE in tandem with it on days I want to focus on Android.

My husband seems pretty disappointed I won’t join him on the iPhone X adventure, but I felt I could do better, more meaningful things than replace a really excellent iPhone that has at least another year of near cutting edge service to offer. I often am incited to upgrade for better cameras, but I feel my 7 Plus serves me more than well enough in that regard. Also, Apple should be ashamed they don’t offer stereo audio recording capability yet. Maybe X will have it, we can hope.

Meanwhile, I barely paid any notice to Pixel 2 Rumors. I almost forgot about their Keynote. I put it on for something to watch while I was hanging out with my dog in the yard. And I was blown away with the focus they were showing on the practical “living with your phone on a daily basis” side of things rather than what is flashy or sexy.

And now I’m really excited about the “Panda Pixel”. I’m cutting other crap out of the budget so I can keep the second line for Android running guilt-free. My husband thinks as far as Android phones go it’s boring. Samsung won him over and even though he often slams his S8’s+ aside when something sticks or lags, he isn’t that excited to try the Pixel 2XL. I’m kind of insisting, :D Even if it means I have to wait to get my turn with it.

If it doesn’t work out, I’ll return it. No big deal. But for now, I’m pretty enthusiastic about what I’m reading and seeing on it. Which is funny because a lot of comments are very critical about the removal of the headphone jack and the presence of bezels and still no SD card support. I think all that sucks, too, but I shrug and say “whatever. Been there, done that, moving on.” As far as bezels go, I think the ones on the XL are great because it means front facing stereo speakers! I like the ones on my iPhone but I’m often finding myself blocking them with my hands.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
This is my final post, just to say I ordered the Pixel 2 XL, sadly I have a 3 month wait before it is estimated to be delivered. Oh well.

Thanks for the years of discussion & banter, sometimes infuriation, oftentimes laughter, but it is finally time to mosey on and re-invest in life. Take care of yourselves.

Slán Abhaile to all. MRU

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
This is my final post, just to say I ordered the Pixel 2 XL, sadly I have a 3 month wait before it is estimated to be delivered. Oh well.

Thanks for the years of discussion & banter, sometimes infuriation, oftentimes laughter, but it is finally time to mosey on and re-invest in life. Take care of yourselves.

Slán Abhaile to all. MRU
Three months? :eek:Are you sure you didn’t somehow get hold of an iPhone X preorder back door by accident? ;)

Which color did you order? And what does life have to do with anything. I’ve posted on here while walking my insane dog. How I can use an iPhone 7 Plus with one hand when grown men whine and weep over it, well I have no explanation, but I find I have all sorts of cool super powers like that.

Well you’d better come back with Pixel XL pictures of YOUR dog. Ireland isn’t that big to Americans. We can hunt you down and bug you! I kind of sort of vaguely remember what you look like. I think.

Reactions: deany and jamezr

v0lume4

macrumors 68030
Jul 28, 2012

Slán Abhaile to all. MRU
Maybe we'll see ya around sometime, pal. It's been real.

Enjoy the Pixel when it arrives. I hope life blossoms and flourishes for you. God bless. :)

Reactions: deany and 5105973

Oohara

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2012

Slán Abhaile to all. MRU
Wow, what?? But I guess I understand. Best of luck mate, I've always thoroughly enjoyed your presence here. And we're all gonna have to work a lot harder now keeping the trolls real.

Hope your 2 XL arrives swiftly and is awesome. May the phones be with you. And thanks.

:)

Reactions: deany and 5105973

adamr7

macrumors newbie
Feb 13, 2014
I have posted before as I’m considering a switch back to Android. I was looking at Samsung but I really like what Google is doing with the Pixel and don’t find myself excited about the iPhone.

I’m not interested in the iPhone X. A lot of money for mostly screen front. I’d be nervous about not having Touch ID since Face ID is brand new. I know the iPhone 8 offers an upgrade from my 6s but it’s the same design and badly outdated in 2017.

What Google really has down is AI. I hardly use Siri but feel I’d use Google Assisant a lot if I could just say “ok Google” to use it.

Whether I get a Pixel or not it will be very interesting to see the Pixels evolve over the next 2-3 years. I think Google is going to put a ton of pressure on Apple to step it up on AI.

Reactions: 5105973 and v0lume4

ultravisitor

macrumors 6502a
Sep 6, 2015
Chicago, IL
I’m not interested in the iPhone X. A lot of money for mostly screen front. I’d be nervous about not having Touch ID since Face ID is brand new. I know the iPhone 8 offers an upgrade from my 6s but it’s the same design and badly outdated in 2017.
Those are big reasons (not all of them) for why I'm going with the Pixel 2 XL.

Reactions: v0lume4

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
Wow, what?? But I guess I understand. Best of luck mate, I've always thoroughly enjoyed your presence here. And we're all gonna have to work a lot harder now keeping the trolls real.

Hope your 2 XL arrives swiftly and is awesome. May the phones be with you. And thanks.

:)
Drat, I thought he was joking because of the three month wait. Sigh. Sadness. :(

Reactions: co.ag.2005

epicrayban

macrumors 604
Nov 7, 2014

Slán Abhaile to all. MRU

This came out of no where. I was wondering where your thoughts were during the whole Google presentation.

You will be missed. All the best.

jlasoon

macrumors 6502a
Jun 1, 2006
Orlando, FL
Those are big reasons (not all of them) for why I'm going with the Pixel 2 XL.

Yep, I jus dropped quite a bit of coin on Google products. Kind of shocking actually. I was going to pick up an iPad Pro - decided to try PixelBook.
Thought about the notch ‘Mickey Mouse’ phone - ordered a Pixel 2 XL.
Was thinking about the HomePod - will wait for Home MAX. I can’t stand Siri.
Home mini - bought a few of those too.

Ai+hardware+software = Google? Who would have thought? Add to that all the NEST products and Google could open up a beautiful retail store. Interesting times.

Reactions: adamr7 and 5105973

nviz22

Cancelled
Jun 24, 2013
The big caveat is that you must open a new line (for current customers) or be a new customer to get this $325 gift card. :(

Didn't notice that until after I made my post. If you can eat the line cost for a few months, then it's worth it. Always a caveat with a good deal.
[doublepost=1507224425][/doublepost]

Slán Abhaile to all. MRU

Best of wishes to you. Sorry to see you go. Enjoy the new Pixel 2 XL. Come and visit once in a while lol. Good to see you have some memories. Take care of yourself too.

Reactions: 5105973

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
Yep, I jus dropped quite a bit of coin on Google products. Kind of shocking actually. I was going to pick up an iPad Pro - decided to try PixelBook.
Thought about the notch ‘Mickey Mouse’ phone - ordered a Pixel 2 XL.
Was thinking about the HomePod - will wait for Home MAX. I can’t stand Siri.
Home mini - bought a few of those too.

Ai+hardware+software = Google? Who would have thought? Add to that all the NEST products and Google could open up a beautiful retail store. Interesting times.
I’m in a bit of shock myself to have a Pixel on preorder. I’m not sure what happened there. For weeks it was all about iPhone X for us here. My husband is still for it but I can’t say for sure what happened with me. I’m still interested in the HomePod.

We decided not to get the PixelBook. It’s really cool and our family likely would have loved it, but hubby and I have iPad Pros and there are really nice deals out there on cheaper Chromebooks for the kids that we would not mind so much if it had to be taken away on sleepovers or out of the house in general.

Reactions: deany

slitherjef

macrumors 65816
Feb 8, 2012
Earth

Slán Abhaile to all. MRU

Last post? Huh? Seriously? I must of missed something. You are one of the regulars here for sure.

Not sure what to say, maybe a tip o my hat to you and a good luck! :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.