Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

laurenbanjo

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2014
So I decided to give the SlickWraps Naked gloss skin a try and will let you guys know how it goes, if I ever get my phone. :p
I'm going to pair it with a Ringke case -- ordered both the Ringke Fusion and Ringke Frame and will compare.
Also got an edge to edge tempered glass screen protector for the front.

Reactions: CjonesHouston

bmac4

Suspended
Feb 14, 2013
Atlanta Ga
Does Best Buy sell any of the skins? I suck at putting them on, and it would be nice if they did and have them put it on.

sekazi

macrumors 6502
Jan 12, 2012
I do not believe in screen protectors or other protectors like that. I am getting the sea blue leather case but I do not really care if it gets scratches.

CjonesHouston

macrumors 65816
Apr 29, 2015
Texas
So I decided to give the SlickWraps Naked gloss skin a try and will let you guys know how it goes, if I ever get my phone. :p
I'm going to pair it with a Ringke case -- ordered both the Ringke Fusion and Ringke Frame and will compare.
I ordered a naked slickwrap last week. I hope I get it and my iPhone JB plus sometime this week.

Reactions: laurenbanjo

Bako-MacAddict

macrumors 68000
Jun 7, 2012
California

Edge to edge tempered glass ? Link please ?

laurenbanjo

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2014
Edge to edge tempered glass ? Link please ?
No reviews on it but I'm giving this one a try. The one I use on my 6s kept getting pushed up and eventually cracked because my case was pushing on it from the sides. This one looks like they leave a little room for the case so hopefully it'll be ok.

[Compatible with Any Case] Tateguard Iphone 7 plus tempered glass screen protector [Crystal Clear][Edge-to-Edge Coverage][Black Tooling] https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01K4O4V1U/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_n-r4xbNN1JTTC
[doublepost=1474371708][/doublepost]
I ordered a naked slickwrap last week. I hope I get it and my iPhone JB plus sometime this week.
What day did you order? Has it shipped yet? Their site said nothing about it not being in stock so I hope it's not too long...

ubermark

macrumors newbie
Oct 1, 2005
@Texxy

I'm not putting anyone down, I just pointing out the difference when someone has raised the question that was sent to me, it's not something I've just written to try and put someone down, that is really not my style.

I've said BSE price point is good, but I also pointed out that the differences between our 2 products, it's not putting them down in anyway, it's pointing out the specs and our spec that warrant our price difference, we know most of major skin companies in the market as this is part of our business.

If your happy with putting a case and putting a BES on top, thats entirely your choice, it doest mean it's everyone else's choice as well, there are also lots of other people who don't want to do that especially on the JB and thats why our products are interesting to them, we are all here to listen to everyones opinion & pass on advise and information and thats whats great about forums but to accuse me of being a bit one sided is a little unfair don't you think ?

For the information you would like to see about our products, they are all there on the website or youtube.

Does the Onyx work for the screen as well like liquid sapphire or should this be bought separately?

Also does it change the texture of how the back feels?

Reactions: kellyleekyle

ValiumEater

macrumors regular
Dec 14, 2015
By buying the matte black version. Same phone, same front, less scratches. Putting a leather case on it anyway so who the hell cares what the back looks like unless you're a narcissistic jackass who wants to show everyone you have the latest toy.

RogerEast

macrumors regular
Apr 14, 2015
Just AppleCare+. I trade my phones in to Mazuma, who don't mind a bit of cosmetic wear and tear, so it's really not an issue for me. And if they refuse it when I do trade it in, well then that's on me. To each their own though.

Reactions: MisterMillz

Old geek 959

macrumors regular
Sep 7, 2014
The Jet Black finish reminded me of my old iPod Touch 3rd when I unboxed it in 2010. after 48 hours it showed some scratches even though I used a socket for it! those metal finishes Apple used from 2006-2011 are super scratch magnet!. and now they back with the Jet finish. the only difference is its OK for 149$ nano or 199$ touch to scratch.

kellyleekyle

macrumors member
Jan 5, 2010
lancashire
@Texxy

I'm not putting anyone down, I just pointing out the difference when someone has raised the question that was sent to me, it's not something I've just written to try and put someone down, that is really not my style.

I've said BSE price point is good, but I also pointed out that the differences between our 2 products, it's not putting them down in anyway, it's pointing out the specs and our spec that warrant our price difference, we know most of major skin companies in the market as this is part of our business.

If your happy with putting a case and putting a BES on top, thats entirely your choice, it doest mean it's everyone else's choice as well, there are also lots of other people who don't want to do that especially on the JB and thats why our products are interesting to them, we are all here to listen to everyones opinion & pass on advise and information and thats whats great about forums but to accuse me of being a bit one sided is a little unfair don't you think ?

For the information you would like to see about our products, they are all there on the website or youtube.
Hi, I've ordered the onyx and the liquid sapphire, will you be posting any videos soon of it on the jet black 7 plus?

bmac4

Suspended
Feb 14, 2013
Atlanta Ga
By buying the matte black version. Same phone, same front, less scratches. Putting a leather case on it anyway so who the hell cares what the back looks like unless you're a narcissistic jackass who wants to show everyone you have the latest toy.
Do you really think the matte back is that scratch resistant? Every video I have seen shows it scratching just as easy and being even more noticeable.

Reactions: AppleWes

nanostate_HQ

Suspended
Sep 17, 2016
That's most of us. Certainly me.
I think you would be a great ambassador for our products :)
[doublepost=1474452920][/doublepost]
Hi, I've ordered the onyx and the liquid sapphire, will you be posting any videos soon of it on the jet black 7 plus?
@kellyleekyle
Yes very soon, from 1 of the top tech guys on youtube, when it's done I will post the link for sure.

Reactions: kellyleekyle

bibigon

macrumors member
Aug 29, 2011
I think you would be a great ambassador for our products
Hook me up with a promo code, and sure thing. Bit of a tough sell for me to pay £40 (after shipping) when I don't know how well the product really works.

I stand by the point though: there's nothing wrong with being a bit vain about these things. To pretend that it doesn't matter how your phone looks is a bit simplistic. It does matter to a lot of people.

Reactions: laurenbanjo

Vihzel

macrumors 6502
Jul 9, 2010
Do you really think the matte back is that scratch resistant? Every video I have seen shows it scratching just as easy and being even more noticeable.

What videos? I had the iPhone 6S in space grey naked and only accumulated 3 noticeable scratches on the back finish. That will be impossible for the JB. The JB will show micro-abrasions like crazy, but the aluminum matte finish will not.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.