Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kellyleekyle

macrumors member
Jan 5, 2010
lancashire
@AidenL
The same skin can suit Matte or Jet black I assume?
It's fine for both.

@ kellyleekyle
What should I order for the job 7 pluses for front and back protection, and what codes do I enter?

I'm not sure exactly what you mean, but if it's for the Alien Skin the code is : allienskinMR
https://nanostate.co/alienskin-screen-protector-phone-skin/
Sorry typo, if I want to protect the jet black 7 plus, do I order the onyx and enter code macrumours to get the alien skin for free? How would you know what size to send me?

Then if I want the front protecting do I order the liquid saphire? Do you have a code for that too? I use crystalusion at the moment, is it similar to that?

nanostate_HQ

Suspended
Sep 17, 2016
@kellyleekyle

Then if I want the front protecting do I order the liquid saphire? Do you have a code for that too? I use crystalusion at the moment, is it similar to that?

Liquid sapphire is not like crystalusion, this is a product from China and has very bad reviews from what I can see. It claims it's up to 600% harder than a screen protector, there is no man made coating in the world that can make it 600% harder so that rings alarm bells and sounds like a figure pulled out of the air.

there are no other codes than the other below.

COUPONS AND DETAILS
The code for the Onyx and free Alien skin back piece is : Macrumours

It won’t show your getting it as people don’t usually give products away free the cart would be very confused, so it’s discounted by 10 pence so I know what is required, just write in the other comments on checkout with what you want 7 or 7+

Alien Skin Only code is : allienskinMR

It will give you £7 off

(You will see the add coupon at the top of the form where you fill the address details out)
[doublepost=1474320014][/doublepost]
Bestskinever
@TroyBoy30

Alien Skin vs Bestskinsever

Alien Skin - PU Nanotechnology Film from Germany top coated by Nanostate / Bestskinever PET China
Alien Skin - Self Healing / Bestskinever No
Alien Skin - Life Time Guarantee - Bestskinever No
Alien Skin - Anti Shock Properties - Bestskinever No
Alien Skin - Anti-fingerprint - Bestskinever No
Alien Skin - Antireflective - Bestskinever No
Alien Skin - Chemical Resistant - Bestskinever No
Alien Skin - UT – (Ultimate Transparency) - Bestskinever No
Alien Skin - Anti Yellowing - Bestskinever No

Alien Skin's film is that clear it does not have a cutout hole in the light sensor like the cheaper films which have poor clarity some PET materials around 80% and make your phone look grainy.

Bestskinsever price is great if you have a cheap phone and you want to take a chance, but on a £800 phone it's not a great idea.

apwtwenty

macrumors 6502
Mar 16, 2011
My biggest concern. Ordered a JB 7 on 9/14 and will not ship until 10/19 at the earliest. If I'm just going to put the JB in a case regardless, should I cancel my JB order and get a matte black instead? They have them in stock at my nearest Apple Store.
which 7 JB, where did u order? if u don't mind?

nanostate_HQ

Suspended
Sep 17, 2016
They will be in the US soon, what date we don't know as of yet. On the launch of new products it's starts from us in the UK then goes out to the distributors a few months later.

Phightinphils

macrumors 6502
Jul 27, 2012
USA
A better question would be, why would you buy the Jet Black at all if you are going to put it in a case and/or worry about the finish?

Exactly my point above. Main reason I cancelled my JB order and picked up a MB model. Don't get me wrong, JB is absolutely STUNNING and I love it... However, the smudges would drive me nuts and I refuse to cover it up with a case.

Texxy

macrumors 6502
Aug 16, 2011
@kellyleekyle

Liquid sapphire is not like crystalusion, this is a product from China and has very bad reviews from what I can see. It claims it's up to 600% harder than a screen protector, there is no man made coating in the world that can make it 600% harder so that rings alarm bells and sounds like a figure pulled out of the air.

there are no other codes than the other below.

COUPONS AND DETAILS
The code for the Onyx and free Alien skin back piece is : Macrumours

It won’t show your getting it as people don’t usually give products away free the cart would be very confused, so it’s discounted by 10 pence so I know what is required, just write in the other comments on checkout with what you want 7 or 7+

Alien Skin Only code is : allienskinMR

It will give you £7 off

(You will see the add coupon at the top of the form where you fill the address details out)
[doublepost=1474320014][/doublepost]
@TroyBoy30

Alien Skin vs Bestskinsever

Alien Skin - PU Nanotechnology Film from Germany top coated by Nanostate / Bestskinever PET China
Alien Skin - Self Healing / Bestskinever No
Alien Skin - Life Time Guarantee - Bestskinever No
Alien Skin - Anti Shock Properties - Bestskinever No
Alien Skin - Anti-fingerprint - Bestskinever No
Alien Skin - Antireflective - Bestskinever No
Alien Skin - Chemical Resistant - Bestskinever No
Alien Skin - UT – (Ultimate Transparency) - Bestskinever No
Alien Skin - Anti Yellowing - Bestskinever No

Alien Skin's film is that clear it does not have a cutout hole in the light sensor like the cheaper films which have poor clarity some PET materials around 80% and make your phone look grainy.

Bestskinsever price is great if you have a cheap phone and you want to take a chance, but on a £800 phone it's not a great idea.
Not cool to put down another companies product on the forums especially when they are not here to defend themselves. I have heard nothing but good things from BSE and therefore, I got bestskinsever as well and for the price it fits my needs. I don't want to order from your website that is non-us nor do I want to pay, 18 British Pound which equals 23.47 US Dollars. I would rather pay less from BSE and get a case on top of it as I would anyway. Just being honest. Also, I have not seen any reviews of Alien Skin or installation instructions. Care to provide some?

nanostate_HQ

Suspended
Sep 17, 2016
Not cool to put down another companies product on the forums especially when they are not here to defend themselves. I have heard nothing but good things from BSE and therefore, I got bestskinsever as well and for the price it fits my needs. I don't want to order from your website that is non-us nor do I want to pay, 18 British Pound which equals 23.47 US Dollars. I would rather pay less from BSE and get a case on top of it as I would anyway. Just being honest. Also, I have not seen any reviews of Alien Skin or installation instructions. Care to provide some?
@Texxy

I'm not putting anyone down, I just pointing out the difference when someone has raised the question that was sent to me, it's not something I've just written to try and put someone down, that is really not my style.

I've said BSE price point is good, but I also pointed out that the differences between our 2 products, it's not putting them down in anyway, it's pointing out the specs and our spec that warrant our price difference, we know most of major skin companies in the market as this is part of our business.

If your happy with putting a case and putting a BES on top, thats entirely your choice, it doest mean it's everyone else's choice as well, there are also lots of other people who don't want to do that especially on the JB and thats why our products are interesting to them, we are all here to listen to everyones opinion & pass on advise and information and thats whats great about forums but to accuse me of being a bit one sided is a little unfair don't you think ?

For the information you would like to see about our products, they are all there on the website or youtube.

Reactions: daviddth

Brien

macrumors 68040
Aug 11, 2008
I picked up a BSE wrap for my Plus. Even if I get a case I'd prefer to avoid scratching the finish.

dannyyankou

macrumors G5
Mar 2, 2012
Westchester, NY
Buying a jet black phone and putting it in a case is like covering up a Lamborghini and taking it out for a drive.

I've had great luck going careless with my space gray 6s, and I plan on doing the same with the matte black 7 plus.

Reactions: Geert76
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.