Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Millionaire2K

macrumors 6502a
Apr 12, 2011
Being an IUP member I plan to just go naked. Apple will get back in 2017 w/e happens from now till then. Maybe when they get back a ton of scratched JB phones they will add a protective layer to the 2020 phones. Yes they r that slow.

nanostate_HQ

Suspended
Sep 17, 2016
My suggestion was maybe try using Clear Coat Plasti-Dip? You can peel and reapply after any scuffs.
It's a good idea, but how would you coat it without covering up the holes and buttons, would look a bit messy, if you had a case it could work as you would not see it.
I got that case too and the spigen tempered glass 2 pack. I am looking for a skin just for the back. You won't see it in the case but it will prevent dust from running up against the phone. Car wax sounds interesting.
If you just want a back I can do you one
I ordered the Onyx and I ended up getting a matte black instead of jet black. Can I still use the Onyx on the matte black?
I ordered the Onyx and I ended up getting a matte black instead of jet black. Can I still use the Onyx on the matte black?
@khakiman
Could you email us please and we will arrange the correct product which is Titainium
[doublepost=1474238164][/doublepost]
Being an IUP member I plan to just go naked. Apple will get back in 2017 w/e happens from now till then. Maybe when they get back a ton of scratched JB phones they will add a protective layer to the 2020 phones. Yes they r that slow.
I hope not or we would be out of business! I hope it stays like that for a while at least :)

Trogdor796

macrumors regular
Apr 21, 2015
How long does shipping usually take from UK to the US? My Jet Black likely won't arrive until November, so I don't know if I should wait and see if it's on US site by then, or just order from the UK site when my phone gets here, but I don't want the phone to be without any protection for long.

Doncisco88

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2016
It's a good idea, but how would you coat it without covering up the holes and buttons, would look a bit messy, if you had a case it could work as you would not see it.

If you just want a back I can do you one

@khakiman
Could you email us please and we will arrange the correct product which is Titainium
[doublepost=1474238164][/doublepost]
I hope not or we would be out of business! I hope it stays like that for a while at least :)
Just picked up alien skin!! Thank you for the code !

Tsuchiya

macrumors 68020
Jun 7, 2008
Going to get a really nice sleeve for when it's in my pocket, or the cupholder in my car. Other than that, going nude.

Otherwise what's the point eh? I can live with small scratches, but will have AC+ and insurance in case of real damage.

TBH the only reason I have a K1 bumper on my current 6+ is because I can't grip the damn thing. Even then, the back is exposed and still flawless.

supedagod

macrumors regular
Apr 20, 2015
Definitely, but it's easier and resale values are really tanking.
Exactly why i signed up this year for Apple upgrade for life program ,so much of a hassle selling old one,this way it costs you the same basically plus u get Apple care and no hassle of eBay to resell,I think more people will choose this option when they realize the convenience,how much extra are you really gunna get from eBay anyway after the hassle of that whole process ,my time is worth more to me than to waste it with that whole process

kamran1998

macrumors member
May 14, 2014
Irvine, CA
So I have a Jet Black preparing for shipment and plan on ordering the Zagg Sapphire Defense for the screen but what can I get for the rear? My phone will be in the case but I still want a rear screen cover, just because....

Did any of you find one? My searches have been futile.

Juansito

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2014
Decided to get the glossy full coverage skin from Bestskinsever.... for $7.50 shipped it's worth a shot

Stekki

macrumors newbie
Oct 6, 2011
I spoke to a detailer about putting a glass coating (Modesta coating) on the phone. He said it's only possible when the phone has a clear coat on it. Somebody confirms this? (for the JB ones)

gabriellefunk

macrumors member
Jun 10, 2015
A better question would be, why would you buy the Jet Black at all if you are going to put it in a case and/or worry about the finish?
My biggest concern. Ordered a JB 7 on 9/14 and will not ship until 10/19 at the earliest. If I'm just going to put the JB in a case regardless, should I cancel my JB order and get a matte black instead? They have them in stock at my nearest Apple Store.

TurboPGT!

Suspended
Sep 25, 2015
My biggest concern. Ordered a JB 7 on 9/14 and will not ship until 10/19 at the earliest. If I'm just going to put the JB in a case regardless, should I cancel my JB order and get a matte black instead? They have them in stock at my nearest Apple Store.

I simply don't understand why anyone would buy a Jet Black with the intention of putting it in a case. Regardless of whether ordering a different model gets it to you sooner than someone else.

Jet Black has literally 2 distinct aspects that are different from the other models: how it looks, and how it feels in the hand....
....both of which are completely negated by putting it in a case of any kind. So why would you? Seems to me like there are some people with serious dopamine issues that simply have to have the latest and most unique thing available...even if they will immediately put it in some hideous case and never appreciate it for what it is.

Reactions: mituhk and arkitect

bmac4

Suspended
Feb 14, 2013
Atlanta Ga
Well I take mine in and out of my case. If I am somewhere that I think it might be more likely to gain damage, I will use the case. At home though I run with a case on. It's just so cool to look at. I would stick with the JB.

Reactions: gabriellefunk

gabriellefunk

macrumors member
Jun 10, 2015
Well I take mine in and out of my case. If I am somewhere that I think it might be more likely to gain damage, I will use the case. At home though I run with a case on. It's just so cool to look at. I would stick with the JB.
Thanks for your input! I tend to go caseless at home as well.

Reactions: bmac4

Talkingtoaster

macrumors regular
Aug 19, 2014
UK
Highly doubt it will scratch just going in and out a case. That's being a tad paranoid to be fair:)

Maybe very very fine micro abrasions. I cleaned my edge with a micro fibre cloth and with a very good eye under LED lighting it shows very faint scuffs! These phones are crazy easy to mark.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.