Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

djn4eva

macrumors regular
Dec 20, 2011
IMG_0007.JPG
IMG_0004.JPG
IMG_0001.JPG
You mind posting a picture or two of what careful daily use has done to it? One where you can see the scratches and one where you cant?

Pictures taken with a 6 Plus so they aren't the best. As careful as not laying it down on its back and keeping it in a separate pocket.

Gr81MB

macrumors 6502
Dec 4, 2007
Love how the jet black looks like all one piece in person looks great feels great doesn't look like plastic in my opinion in person

Geert76

macrumors 68000
Feb 28, 2014
the Netherlands
swapped my matte black iPhone 7 for a jetblack iPhone 7 at my local Apple Store.
Besides the masterpiece of design, this jetblack iPhone is super grippy, like its almost sticking to your hand.

I have owned every iPhone since the 3GS, but this jetblack iPhone is the most grippiest one out of the box. The iPhone 6 and 6S is like holding a soapblock.

Using it caseless, obvious with this design, and have AppleCare+

I have my new jetblack now for about 2 days: no scratches visible. Yeah, maybe if I put under a bright light and put in front of my eyes I would see miniscule minor scratches, but why should I do that?
I am not the kind of OCD guy. I am enjoying this masterpiece of design to the fulliest without checking evey other day if I have scratches (thats why I have AppleCare+)

rperalta

macrumors 6502
Aug 19, 2007
Hercules, CA
I'm trying to order the Onyx and Alienskin together at nanostate.co. I entered the discount code "MacRumours" BUT Alienskin didn't change to FREE, it only discounted .10 (pounds I think). I thought it would remove the price for Alienskin and I'd just pay for the Onyx. Is anyone experiencing this or maybe I'm doing it wrong. Btw, I'm in United States. Thanks in advanced!

nanostate_HQ

Suspended
Sep 17, 2016
@rperalta
You just need to buy Onyx, don't add alien skin, just checkout and in the comments box on checkout just write which model iPhone you want.

Hope that helps

nanostate_HQ

Suspended
Sep 17, 2016
@AidenL

I can't tell who you are from a forum. If you would like to try and email us again or you can post your details on here. I see your in Ireland, you can just call us on Monday?

rperalta

macrumors 6502
Aug 19, 2007
Hercules, CA
@rperalta
You just need to buy Onyx, don't add alien skin, just checkout and in the comments box on checkout just write which model iPhone you want.

Hope that helps
Thanks for the help! I just placed an order for Onyx successfully. I made a note with my device type in the comment box at Checkout. When do think it will get shipped and when I should expect it (California, US)?

I hope I would like this product as I plan to carry my Jet Black naked.

Doncisco88

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2016
I think you would be a great ambassador for our products :)
[doublepost=1474452920][/doublepost]
@kellyleekyle
Yes very soon, from 1 of the top tech guys on youtube, when it's done I will post the link for sure.
Hi do we have an eta on shipping? I placed an order 4 days ago and have tried emailing you with no luck as of yet..

Reactions: Geert76

michael31986

macrumors 601
Jul 11, 2008
I need a glossy back protector. Preferably not a liquid one. Spigen makes one for the 6 plus but it's kind of matte.

Geert76

macrumors 68000
Feb 28, 2014
the Netherlands
@AidenL

I can't tell who you are from a forum. If you would like to try and email us again or you can post your details on here. I see your in Ireland, you can just call us on Monday?

I placed a order early Friday morning (Europe time), I see a hold on my creditcard from your company. When will you be shipping my order?

thanks

chairman16

macrumors newbie
Aug 9, 2011
@chfilm

Thanks for the questions :)

So how is onyx applied?
Just 3 drops from the bottle / 3 coats

Will it protect the phone from those micro scratches everyone is so afraid of?

That's a bit of a tricky question, for example some types of sand have some very hard minerals inside quartz being the main offender of micro scratches, if it's just day to day dirt and dust then it's not a problem. With a case as you well know that over time it accumulates dirt and dust and can still scratch your phone.

I'm too paranoid, can't even have the iPhone 6s without a leather case, after it fell down and the screen shattered horribly...
Our Alien Skin film has shock resistance as well, the videos can be seen on our website (I don't want to post any links and be accused of spamming, I'm genuinely here to answer questions not promote our products)

And please tell us some more info about the alien skin. It's like a regular protective film but better?
The Alien Skin & Shock Stopper (front screen protector) are not normal PET films that other full body skin companies use, these are all from China and pretty poor performance, our film is imported from... Germany :) We then top coat it with self healing properties, then cut in to the phones shapes.

At some point the edges always looked nasty or there was some air trapped inside
Some of the cheap films go a yellow colour and this can look like the film is dirty, our film has anti-yellow properties so we don't have this issue.

The application is very easy and bubble free, you can see that on our website. For some reason your skin gets damaged or beyond use you can get a replacement for free (just shipping costs) it has a life time guarantee.

Hope that answers some of your questions.

If I get 10 requests for the following offer in this post then we will setup a coupon number on checkout and include the Alien Skin back piece for your jet black with your purchase of Onyx exclusively for mac rumour members. How does that sound ? That way you have double protection with a lifetime guarantee.
I'll take that offer!

JSway

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2016
@AidenL

How is the cut out at the bottom of the iPhone? Thinking of ordering your product with the offer included in the onyx.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.