Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

calwm

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2016
Hi @nanostate_HQ I ordered an Alien Skin back panel for 7+ from you guys five days ago but have yet to receive it. Your post above states around one day for UK delivery.

My order number is #1050. I have emailed you regarding the order this evening.

Last edited:

Halt&CatchFire

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2014
Just got my Jet Black 128 GB 7+ today. I had a Slick Wraps nude wrap waiting for it. I want the Jet Black to be visible and prominent, but I don't wants scratches. I put the wrap on it before I even turned it on.

Unfortunately, the nude wrap isn't going to cut it. It just doesn't look sleek and clean. How is everyone protecting their JB phones? Please post some pictures.

Sunny1990

Suspended
Feb 13, 2015
I don't like skins because they don't give any drop protection,i am going to order a case for jet black iPhone 7 after purchase :)

Reactions: IronH4WK

vdor

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2016
I also went with AppleCare+ as I bought it outright. No skin, no case, and no god awful screen protector.

I will admit I bought a Product Red Apple silicon case for my 7 Plus for special occasions and events. Color is beautiful.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Naked. The way the iPhone should be used. I bought some Slickwraps and I regretted immediately, horrible customer service and ****** quality.. Waste of 20 bucks. Lesson learned, feels and looks better naked. The jetblack has a nice grip to it. I went with Apple care + just in case.

Smart move. I also use my iPhones with no cases or skins. I'm also extremely careful with my iPhones and never had any issues with damage or scratches.

MICHAELSD

macrumors 603
Jul 13, 2008
NJ
Did you find it in-store or buy online?

If common sense prevails all will be fine. Just watch what surfaces it comes into contact with.

Halt&CatchFire

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2014
Naked. The way the iPhone should be used. I bought some Slickwraps and I regretted immediately, horrible customer service and ****** quality.. Waste of 20 bucks. Lesson learned, feels and looks better naked. The jetblack has a nice grip to it. I went with Apple care + just in case.

You're absolutely right and Slick Wraps customer service. Terrible!

I bought a nude wrap from a buy one get one offer they sent to my email, that was supposed to include a glass screen protector. When I ordered I noticed none of the extras were included in the order. So I emailed support. They assured me the extras would be in the shipment. And what do ya know, of course they weren't.

I emailed support back and I'm waiting on a response. But the fact that I sent out an email to prevent it from happening, and it still happened, just goes to show that they don't give a ****. Terrible customer service.
[doublepost=1475123932][/doublepost]I'm surprised to see the number of people going naked. As a designer, the whole reason I buy iPhones is because their hardware design is second to none in quality, and I hate to cover it up. But I also hate scratches and dings.

So far this glossy, clear Slick Wrap looks pretty good. I wouldn't say it looks great. But it's going to keep it scratch free, at least.

Reactions: Bako-MacAddict

Geert76

macrumors 68000
Feb 28, 2014
the Netherlands
naked ofcourse.... Using it now for 7 days; still no (visible) scratches. AppleCAre+ is my 'case'.

Use common sense and you can use this iPhone naked, perfectly fine!

Ntombi

macrumors 68040
Jul 1, 2008
Bostonian exiled in SoCal
I protect mine by being careful with it. Not anal, but careful. Right now, it's naked. I am considering getting a thin bumper for when I'm going to be someplace with big crowds and lots of jostling (amusement park, concert, etc.), but other than that, I enjoy the look and feel of it as is, and I'm pretty careful with my stuff.

I also have AT&T insurance. :)

swarlos

Suspended
Oct 18, 2015

Same lol I bought a skin from Slickwraps for my 6S+ and it took forever to get to me and when I got it was ok but I took it off my phone in about a week or so glad I only paid $12 for it. I'm going naked with those phone and since I did iPhone upgrade I get AC+ so I'm good!

Every time I show someone my phone they're like "oh no case?!" And I'm like yeah! Duh haha.

Reactions: Bako-MacAddict

kjparfekt

macrumors regular
Sep 24, 2012
Washington, DC
I'll pay someone in the D.C. Metro to install it for me lol.

I'm in DC too - I've managed to do a good job on a BestSkinsEver skin but that has some larger cutouts so it wasn't difficult. I also did a Slickwrap Naked which was easy except for the corners. Either the tabs were too long or it stretched when heated so I'm stuck trying that one again.

Overall the process isn't anything impossible with these clear skins/wraps - it just takes time and you have to give it a few days for all the air bubbles to dissipate.

jz123

macrumors member
Aug 18, 2010
How long u plan to run the coupon for? Planning to order, but not sure if i wait first till my other skins has arrived, and gotta arrange a creditcard to, since i see u dont got paypal option. Nevertheless the images and video's really convincedme!

Talkingtoaster

macrumors regular
Aug 19, 2014
UK
I'm trying to order the Onyx and Alienskin together at nanostate.co. I entered the discount code "MacRumours" BUT Alienskin didn't change to FREE, it only discounted .10 (pounds I think). I thought it would remove the price for Alienskin and I'd just pay for the Onyx. Is anyone experiencing this or maybe I'm doing it wrong. Btw, I'm in United States. Thanks in advanced!

Its 10p not £10, about 15 cence?

They are a shameless plug advertising stuff here

nanostate_HQ

Suspended
Sep 17, 2016
Its 10p not £10, about 15 cence?

They are a shameless plug advertising stuff here
@Talkingtoaster
It's not shameless at all, it's a community and this community is interested in this particular technology product for there new phones. The threads have been started by other people not us.

And BTW the codes are for macrumors members and the discount is not 10p first offer is £7 of a full alien skin and 2nd offer is a free alien skin back with the Onyx, the cart does not understand giving away a product for free, so by discounting it by 10p we know it's a macrumors member and we know to add the free Alien Skin.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.