Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nanostate_HQ

Suspended
Sep 17, 2016
Hello Guys, we managed to get hold of a JB 7 and Black 6+ yesterday from apple :) (If your in the UK check the stocks at 6.01 am they have stocks so don't believe the hype) As requested many times to show you some photo's of the Alienskin on the Jet Black please see below. Tomorrow I will post the Black 7 Plus. After this we will then work on the Onyx videos as we now have brand new handsets and not bashed up ones.

The Alien skin is almost impossible to see on the JB so if thats what you're looking for, then this is the ticket.

We are still running the coupon codes to MacRumors Members.
Full AlienSkin allienskinmr £7 off
Onyx + Free Alien Skin Back : macrumours

Please note we have had an overwhelming response and are at full capacity and any order placed from from today (26th Sept will not be shipped out until 3rd Oct (as on the website.)

Shipping transit times are around
UK - 1 Day
US - 3-4 Days
Europe 3-4 days
Asia & Oz, NZ 5-7 days

I've seen a few post regarding deliveries, it's hard to answer anyone as I don't know who you are, so anyone who has placed an order and has any questions, please contact : admin (@ our url) and not the gmail address that is on the invioce.

Photos were taken with the iPhone 7 Plus.

AS1.jpg
AS2.jpg
AS3.jpg
AS4.jpg

[doublepost=1474917983][/doublepost]
I ordered on the 20th and also haven't heard anything about shipping.
I've seen a few post regarding deliveries, t's hard to answer anyone as I don't know who you are, so anyone who has placed an order and has any questions, please contact : admin (@ our url) and not the gmail address that is on the invioce.

Last edited:

JSway

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2016
That's perfect! It makes the install easier for me because it doesn't wrap around the buttons and holes, which proved extremely difficult with another product I tried.

About to order one right now.

nanostate_HQ

Suspended
Sep 17, 2016
@JSway
We have tried our best to design it so it's easy to fit, we removed the button holes and the corner pieces to separate pieces.

Also one point I forgot to mention is if you screw the application up, you can peal the skin off and wash it under the tap with washing up liquid and re-apply it. You can do this 3 or 4 times before the adhesive starts to lose it's strength. This only works if the skin is not stuck down for a few hours.

JSway

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2016
@JSway
We have tried our best to design it so it's easy to fit, we removed the button holes and the corner pieces to separate pieces.

Also one point I forgot to mention is if you screw the application up, you can peal the skin off and wash it under the tap with washing up liquid and re-apply it. You can do this 3 or 4 times before the adhesive starts to lose it's strength. This only works if the skin is not stuck down for a few hours.

Just ordered the Onyx with the free iPhone back! Can't wait for it.

Reactions: nanostate_HQ

rversteegh

macrumors member
Jun 24, 2010
@nanostate_HQ

How does Onyx differ from the sprays used for glass screens? I have a nearly full one of those laying around so if that could be of use that would obviously be a preference! I guess my other worry about ordering Onyx now is having it arrive in New Zealand and then decide that I would rather have the Matte Black! I still haven't decided and shipping times are atrocious, I have a Jet Black arriving next week and a Matte Black the week after just in case!

Last edited:

Jvjlite

macrumors regular
Jul 16, 2015
@kellyleekyle
I would put the skin on as it's free, see how you get on with it, better to do it the other way around first.

Since I already have a couple of scratches on the back of my jet black iPhone (grrr), do I use the onyx product first to camouflage the scratches, then apply the alien skin on the back of my iPhone? Will the alien skin stick properly after applying the onyx?

MrXiro

macrumors 68040
Nov 2, 2007
Los Angeles
I think the scratch scare is overblown. Used my phone all day, put it down on hard tables and zero scratches

Look at it in sunlight. I can assure you there are micro-abrasions from wiping it with your shirt or taking it out of your pocket. It happens to the glass of every iPhone I've owned that didn't install a screen protector on. Looks fine normally but in sunlight you're like "OMG I totally destroyed this phone!" or don't look and be happy with what you have. :)

nanostate_HQ

Suspended
Sep 17, 2016
Since I already have a couple of scratches on the back of my jet black iPhone (grrr), do I use the onyx product first to camouflage the scratches, then apply the alien skin on the back of my iPhone? Will the alien skin stick properly after applying the onyx?
@Jvjlite
Hello Jinny,
Onyx won't fill any scratched on the device, it's for protection only and we highly recommend using it in tandem with the Alien Skin for full protection, as you can see from the photo's Alien Skin's clarity is so clear it's almost invisible to the eye without close inspection. You would apply Onyx first after 2 hours apply the Alien Skin. It's best to instal the alien skin before you go to bed so it's dry for use in the morning. All the instructions will attached. For installation of the Alien skin can be seen on the website. Onyx will be ready shortly.

Reactions: Jvjlite

crownr0yal

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2016
Bristol, RI
That's most of us. Certainly me.
*raises hand*

I'm on case #4 that I don't like. I have a JB 7+ and the clear cases seem to stick to the back and make bubbles. I think I'm going to order this Onyx since it's got the free Alien skin with it. Anybody in NC want to apply it for me? I'll pay! I'm terrible at that sort of thing....lolol.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-09-28 at 1.51.17 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-09-28 at 1.51.17 AM.png
    305.9 KB · Views: 185

JSway

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2016
*raises hand*

I'm on case #4 that I don't like. I have a JB 7+ and the clear cases seem to stick to the back and make bubbles. I think I'm going to order this Onyx since it's got the free Alien skin with it. Anybody in NC want to apply it for me? I'll pay! I'm terrible at that sort of thing....lolol.

I'll pay someone in the D.C. Metro to install it for me lol.

Reactions: kjparfekt
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.