Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guilherme1995

macrumors member
Jan 25, 2015
GREAT!!!

GTA: San Andreas working again on B2. (It would crash on B1)

Text Replacement not working properly (Only works on a few 3rd party apps)

This beta is surprisingly smother on my 5S. And if l'm not mistaken, there's even more available space now for user comparing to B1 (my 32GB is showing 27.91 available, great).

lagwagon

Suspended
Oct 12, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Expanding the Weather Widget cuts off the bottom of the info. (See screenshot)

Activity Widget also is slightly cut off at the bottom too.

Reboot and re-adding the Widgets didn't fix it.

Attachments

• IMG_1225.PNG
    IMG_1225.PNG
    606 KB · Views: 420

Shaqtus

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2014
Really annoying thing where I lock my phone while listening to music and the sound lags for a split second

XTheLancerX

macrumors 68000
Aug 20, 2014
NY, USA
Mentioned already.

New to beta 2.
Oh crap didn't see that. I even read through the whole post but I guess I kinda skimmed at one point, as there were 17 pages to go through...
Ooh a hint of iOS 6 lol. When you open the control center, it no longer does that annoying bounce affect, it just goes up then into position, like 7.0 control center and 6 animations did.
What do you mean iOS 6? There was no control center in iOS 6 and there was a completely different design across the entire system back then.
Spotlight Search now saves the previous searches you've done right below the suggested apps, does anyone know if we can delete them?
I don't think you can delete them. I even turned the additional spotlight settings off such as suggestions and back on and the same recent searches were there. Potential privacy concern. Also, mine will not change. i have the same exact recent searches even after I search something different... reboot has not fixed.
Does anyone else have this light bottom of the home screen? My phone, mail, safari, twitter background color is now very light grey, used to be much darker?
Yes, increase contrast was tweaked a little bit, the grays are lighter.

nfl46

macrumors G3
Oct 5, 2008
It's not as laggy as beta 1 on my iPhone 5S but still work to do when compared to the stable 9.3.2. But I'm sure by time the final version of iOS 10 is released it'd be fast again. Back to 9.3.2 for me. I'll try again with Beta 3 to see if it's gotten faster.

Guilherme1995

macrumors member
Jan 25, 2015
Am I the only one who prefers the old (iOS 7, 8 and 9) keyboard click sound they brought back in B2?! That was a thing about iOS, iMO.
Glad they brought it back!!!

iphonedude2008

macrumors 65816
Nov 7, 2009
Irvine, CA
Am I the only one who prefers the old (iOS 7, 8 and 9) keyboard click sound they brought back in B2?! That was a thing about iOS, iMO.
Glad they brought it back!!!
Much older than just iOS 7. I don't like it as the new one was more subdued, whereas the new one almost demands your attention. Hopefully they include a way to switch sounds.

kiancheong

macrumors member
May 18, 2011
Feedback app seems targeted towards Public Beta users. It gives me an error suggesting I sign up for Public Beta or use the iOS-6-like bugreport.apple.com to report bugs. Duh.

Reactions: pmostoff

macrumors 68040
Dec 16, 2011
Feedback app seems targeted towards Public Beta users. It gives me an error suggesting I sign up for Public Beta or use the iOS-6-like bugreport.apple.com to report bugs. Duh.

Can you post a screenshot of what it says, please?

Andrew.s

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2007
Inland Empire
Expanding the Weather Widget cuts off the bottom of the info. (See screenshot)

Activity Widget also is slightly cut off at the bottom too.

Reboot and re-adding the Widgets didn't fix it.
I'm not having this issue with an iPhone 6s Plus. I do remember having it on beta 1 though.

ThunderMasterMind

macrumors 6502a
Apr 29, 2016
What do you mean iOS 6? There was no control center in iOS 6 and there was a completely different design across the entire system back then.
I am aware... I use it everyday. I said 6 because the animation is identical to ever system animation iOS 6 had. A very simple linear animation.

bilibug

macrumors 6502
Aug 27, 2008
Stockton NJ
Random thoughts:

Home Screen wallpaper seems to be filtered (darker) more than on previous releases.

Memory management issues seem to be fixed, especially when using Wi-Fi. My Zynga games no longer crash every time I collect points/coins.

I prefer the folders in Beta 1, which were more transparent, and removed the folder that you had open in the background.

Hope they add track times back into Apple Music album view. I know... its a beta...

Some widget text is hard to read due to the default medium gray color scheme.

ThunderMasterMind

macrumors 6502a
Apr 29, 2016
Hey stop making me nostalgic for the pre iOS 7 days! Despite all the great new features, sometimes I wish I could go back and use iOS 5 and all those awesome (but crappy) jailbreak tweaks I fell in love with
Man I use iOS 6 everyday, no joke (jail-broken too). :p
look at my signature.

Anyone else notice that when you unlock your phone with touch ID it says unlocked by the lock icon in the status bar for a short period.

s2mike

macrumors 68020
Sep 14, 2015
They FINALLY fixed the issue where you can now type the name of ANYONE in a group Messages thread and the group thread will show up as a suggestion.

This behavior broke with iOS 9 and finally appears to have been corrected.

Prior to iOS 9.0, the Messages app would offer group message threads as suggestions when composing a new message.

For example, if you had a group message thread with Bill, Susan, and John...you could compose a new SMS or iMessage and begin typing the first or last name of *anyone* in the group (either Bill, Susan, OR John) and the iPhone would offer the group thread as a suggestion, in addition to the individual contact info for Bill, Susan, and John.

Since iOS 9.0, the recent group message history will only display when you begin typing the name of *one* specific member of the group. For example, typing "Bill" only brings up Bill's contact info. Typing "Susan" only brings up Susan's contact info. It's only when you type "John" that John's contact info shows up, *as well* as the group thread information.

This was very annoying, as I constantly delete my message threads but still like to quickly access my message groups when composing a new SMS or iMessage.

Reactions: utwarreng
Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.