Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lagwagon

Suspended
Oct 12, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
It was in the iOS 8 beta too. I remember submitting a bug about landscape quick reply from it. I like having an easy way to submit bugs as the site version hasn't been updated with a new UI.

Yeah, the Public Beta has always had the feedback app. Which started with iOS 8.3

But what I meant was that there was a brief time in iOS 9 where the latest build wasn't updated in the feedback app right away. Sometimes it took a day or a few. Since it mysteriously showed up updating to beta 2 of the developer, it might not update the build you submit the feedback for until the Public Beta comes out. Because it's really strange that the app would show up on an iOS update when the feedback app itself it tied to the beta Profile and not iOS.

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
You should be using 2FA anyway. No excuse not to.
Given recent bugs related to 2FA in beta, I would not like to put my device and Apple ID into risk.

Plus, I only use password and security questions. I don't use 2FA.

iphonedude2008

macrumors 65816
Nov 7, 2009
Irvine, CA
Yeah, the Public Beta has always had the feedback app. Which started with iOS 8.3

But what I meant was that there was a brief time in iOS 9 where the latest build wasn't updated in the feedback app right away. Sometimes it took a day or a few. Since it mysteriously showed up updating to beta 2 of the developer, it might not update the build you submit the feedback for until the Public Beta comes out. Because it's really strange that the app would show up on an iOS update when the feedback app itself it tied to the beta Profile and not iOS.
No I'm thinking of iOS 8.0 betas. Maybe I'm just remembering wrong, but I'm almost certain it was in that developer beta.

lagwagon

Suspended
Oct 12, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
No I'm thinking of iOS 8.0 betas. Maybe I'm just remembering wrong, but I'm almost certain it was in that developer beta.

Ahh. That very well could have happened then. I didn't start with iOS beta until the 8.3 "Public Beta". I use quotations there because 8.3 Public Beta was invite only. I was one of the lucky ones selected. They only selected a small amount from the people who were in the Yosemite Public Beta (which was Apple's first Public Beta Program.)

nanohits

macrumors regular
Aug 13, 2009
Adelaide, Australia
DAMNIT!! THEY CHANGED THE KEYBOARD SOUND BACK TO THE ORIGINAL!!! I liked the new one better.

When Beta 1 came out everyone was crying foul about the new KB sound and complaining like hell as to why the hell they changed it. Now that they took it off, more complaints.. Damned if you do Damned if you dont.. Cant please 100% of people unfortunately.

lagwagon

Suspended
Oct 12, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
When Beta 1 came out everyone was crying foul about the new KB sound and complaining like hell as to why the hell they changed it. Now that they took it off, more complaints.. Damned if you do Damned if you dont.. Cant please 100% of people unfortunately.

Welcome to MR. The place where people complain when getting what they wanted. Things are never good enough around here.

ThunderMasterMind

macrumors 6502a
Apr 29, 2016
I don't know why in the hell they can't let them get over it. When they released iOS 7 people raised hell over it, but they didn't change it (even though they should've imo). They didn't do a damn thing about it, now a few people complain about a SOUND EFFECT and they revert it. I literally haven't heard a single person complain about the keyboard sound.

kiancheong

macrumors member
May 18, 2011
I'm guessing you don't have a developer account?

**EDIT:** Nevermind, I signed in with my developer account ID and I still can only report for iOS 9 beta.
I have a paid developer account. As others have said, I would like to see this enabled for developer previews as well. That iOS-6-lookalike bugreport.apple.com is getting long in the tooth.

Reactions: pmostoff

thirdeyeopen666

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2007
Look Up in iBooks has changed. Hopefully they fix it so that the overlay obeys night mode.

IMG_0030.PNG

Reactions: pmostoff

macrumors member
Dec 19, 2014
Changing orientation during music playback shows up the video screen. Also did someone notice the text replacement now showing up directly in text suggestions?

Attachments

• IMG_8510.PNG
    IMG_8510.PNG
    641.3 KB · Views: 286
  • IMG_8511.PNG
    IMG_8511.PNG
    26 KB · Views: 314
  • IMG_8512.PNG
    IMG_8512.PNG
    294.3 KB · Views: 296
Reactions: 0000757

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2008
Has Continuity always worked for Safari sites open in Tweetbot?
[doublepost=1467782681][/doublepost]It looks like there is now an arrow above a photo that is being previewed with 3DTouch pointing out that there are more options when sliding up.

IMG_3505.PNG

Last edited:

wbiggart

macrumors newbie
Jun 8, 2005
I'm not seeing Voicemail Transcription. Tried leaving myself a few new messages - post upgrading to Beta 2 - and nothing.

Any idea if this is a carrier specific thing (would seem odd, but who knows) - or whether there is some setting that I've simply overlooked.

Thanks.

lagwagon

Suspended
Oct 12, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I'm not seeing Voicemail Transcription. Tried leaving myself a few new messages - post upgrading to Beta 2 - and nothing.

Any idea if this is a carrier specific thing (would seem odd, but who knows) - or whether there is some setting that I've simply overlooked.

Thanks.

Do you have Visual Voicemail with your carrier?

cmaier

Suspended
Jul 25, 2007
California
They are not retroactive... will only work with post beta 2 voicemails.
Tried that. Still not seeing it with a voicemail I just left myself.
[doublepost=1467783385][/doublepost]

Thanks.

Not seeing it in my Verizon 6s+ with new voicemails left after the update to beta 2 from iOS 9.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.