Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.
Status
Not open for further replies.

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2008
Tried that. Still not seeing it with a voicemail I just left myself.
[doublepost=1467783385][/doublepost]

Not seeing it in my Verizon 6s+ with new voicemails left after the update to beta 2 from iOS 9.

Looks like it may just be ATT for the time being.

Reactions: gwhizkids

Am3r1ca16

Suspended
Jul 17, 2012
New York City
Weren't available for all songs in beta 1, probably not there in beta 2. I didn't think they had implemented it yet until I saw the lyrics button while playing random music. Try rapper's delight, it's what they used in the keynote.
i though the lyrics would show when you import them from iTunes manually? or did they change that now?

cmaier

Suspended
Jul 25, 2007
California
I do, via Verizon. Wondering if those who have seen this feature share a common carrier. Or, perhaps it's being turned on in batches?
I also have verizon and am not seeing it. Since it's presumably done on the device and not at the carrier, not sure why it would matter, but it looks like you and I have a non-working carrier in common.

clunkmess

macrumors 6502a
Jul 28, 2011
California
Only some videos will play over cellular in the Videos app. Most give you this error:
IMG_2173_zpsrxczqdjy.png

ajiuo

macrumors 65816
Apr 9, 2011
Here is what it looks like for old voicemails... says transcription not available.

f1cb258a6ed42d0d3c7562de86b0d6f4.png

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
surely the size of the music controls on the lockscreen must be a bug on the iPhone? Its so huge, i aint blind

AZhappyjack

Suspended
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
Not sure if this is by design, but when you scroll left from the lock screen to see the widget screen, the time and date shift to the right edge of the screen - and it gives the widget screen a distinct, off-balance look.

IMG_7013.jpg IMG_7012.jpg

Last edited:

JPNFRK7

macrumors 6502a
Sep 27, 2012
California
Dont know if this is an iOS 10 thing but if you are in Passcode and Touch ID screen and put your registered finger on the Home Button. It will light up which registered finger you have on the list. Pretty cool.

nanohits

macrumors regular
Aug 13, 2009
Adelaide, Australia
In iMessage previous when I changed the orientation, I would get all the handwriting options. Now I dont seem to see it. Any ideas or maybe in settings this changed?

ajiuo

macrumors 65816
Apr 9, 2011
In iMessage previous when I changed the orientation, I would get all the handwriting options. Now I dont seem to see it. Any ideas or maybe in settings this changed?

Still works for me... is the person you are texting have I message?

lagwagon

Suspended
Oct 12, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Not sure if this is by design, but when you scroll left from the lock screen to see the widget screen, the time and date shift to the right edge of the screen - and it gives the widget screen a distince, off-balance look.

View attachment 639158 View attachment 639159

That's not new to beta 2. It's new to iOS 10 in general, and it's by design.

Dont know if this is an iOS 10 thing but if you are in Passcode and Touch ID screen and put your registered finger on the Home Button. It will light up which registered finger you have on the list. Pretty cool.

That's been around for quite a long time. I believe as far back as iOS 8.

I'm getting the handwrite screen when rotating still on my iPhone 6. Try rebooting.
[doublepost=1467787592][/doublepost]
Still works for me... is the person you are texting have I message?

That wouldn't matter. I can still bring up the handwriting screen for people I message who are on Android.

Andrew.s

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2007
Inland Empire
Anyone's usage and standby times exactly the same after a full charge? I didn't have this issue with beta 1.

Yup, now when I go to landscape mode, I get the message list on the left side like an iPad.
Are you in list view or the message when trying this? You'll only get the hand writing option when you're in the conversation view.

vtboyarc

macrumors 6502a
Jan 12, 2011
Holy smokes, after installing this beta, the notes app is all but unusable...incredibly slow to type and backspace. I did a hard reset, no luck.

lagwagon

Suspended
Oct 12, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
surely the size of the music controls on the lockscreen must be a bug on the iPhone? Its so huge, i aint blind

That's funny because there have been some over at least the last couple years who complained that the controls were too small.

I agree they are a tad too large, but just goes to show you that it's literally impossible for Apple (or any company for that matter) to please everyone.
[doublepost=1467789113][/doublepost]
Holy smokes, after installing this beta, the notes app is all but unusable...incredibly slow to type and backspace. I did a hard reset, no luck.

Hasn't been the case for me. I used and created a couple new notes since beta 2. Worked just fine.

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
That's funny because there have been some over at least the last couple years who complained that the controls were too small.

I agree they are a tad too large, but just goes to show you that it's literally impossible for Apple (or any company for that matter) to please everyone.
[doublepost=1467789113][/doublepost]

Hasn't been the case for me. I used and created a couple new notes since beta 2. Worked just fine.

it looks like "Zoom" is enabled. I think it should adjust to your chosen text size. which in my case is set to the lowest possible

jsmith189

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2014
Now we just need to get the sizing of the now playing screen and the lock screen music controls right and we'll have a music player experience I don't hate. I shrink my text to the smallest as well - hopefully they integrate that into now playing at least.

Reactions: lagwagon

MrGimper

macrumors G3
Sep 22, 2012
Andover, UK
Is this new in B2?

All apps icons on home screen now respond to 3D Touch. Those that don't have specific options now display a single "Share" option. Previously you would just get the multiple taps to indicate that the icon doesn't offer 3D Touch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.