Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lagwagon

Suspended
Oct 12, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Now we just need to get the sizing of the now playing screen and the lock screen music controls right and we'll have a music player experience I don't hate. I shrink my text to the smallest as well - hopefully they integrate that into now playing at least.

I use the smallest font setting also (always have) I agree so much with it also affecting the track name + artist/album names as well. I'm more or less fine with the button sizes. It's the track, artist and album fonts in the Now Playing that need to shrink some. (Or at least based off your font setting)
[doublepost=1467790544][/doublepost]
Is this new in B2?

All apps icons on home screen now respond to 3D Touch. Those that don't have specific options now display a single "Share" option. Previously you would just get the multiple taps to indicate that the icon doesn't offer 3D Touch.

Was new in beta 1.

jsmith189

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2014
I use the smallest font setting also (always have) I agree so much with it also affecting the track name + artist/album names as well. I'm more or less fine with the button sizes. It's the track, artist and album fonts in the Now Playing that need to shrink some. (Or at least based off your font setting)
[doublepost=1467790544][/doublepost]

Was new in beta 1.

Exactly - I'd be happy with just the dynamic text or whatever, changing with the system size. I've always been a fan of small and thin though. I was mad when they changed Helvetica Neue Light to Helvetica Neue in early iOS 7 lol.

Reactions: chekz0414

MrGimper

macrumors G3
Sep 22, 2012
Andover, UK
Looks like they fixed the issue in B1 where when you selected text by using the little popup magnifying glass, the zoomed text was all jaggy and not anti-aliased.

playmakerx

macrumors member
Jun 11, 2011
Anyone stuck on Apple logo screen after the beta 2 update?

I've been stuck there for about an hour and finally decided to force reboot. Now it's in DFU mode...:(

Last edited:

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
Should be an accessibility option then.
But given this is publicly displayed in WWDC 2016 I doubt it will change in the future beta unless massive customers send feedback to Apple explicitly show their anger of oversized fonts in Music app.
[doublepost=1467795368][/doublepost]
Anyone stuck on Apple logo screen after the beta 2 update?

I've been stuck there for about an hour and finally decided to force reboot. Now it's in DFU mode...:(
Then you will need to restore to iOS 9.3.2 in order to use beta 2 again. Hope you have a valid local backup.

anticipate

macrumors 6502a
Dec 22, 2013
One thing I've noticed is that at least with my Bose QC35 Bluetooth headphones that the volume has become decoupled with the OS. So the volume control on the cans is independent of iOS. (I can have phone at 100% and the phones at zero for example) They were coupled on the last beta. Feels like a bug.

The Bose app shows the correct level. But ok install of beta 2 the headphones got stuck at low volume. The only fix was to plug them in by wire. Then the phone's volume took over.

EDIT: the headphone controls no longer work in that you can't control the phone at all. Going to try re-pair. (That fixed everything so if you have issues with BT just re pair)

oftheheavens

macrumors 68000
Jul 9, 2008
cherry point
iOS 10 didn't bring "Hey Siri" to the 12.9" Pro.

I am still convinced that the pro's especially the 12.9 will be going more towards a computer OS and since OS X didn't get "hey Siri" they didn't give it to the ipp. Still though, I don't see the ipp going that way for at least another year if not more so not sure why they wouldn't have added it. I turned mine off on the 9.7 anyway because when I would say "hey Siri" to my watch my phone and ipp would usually ask what I needed all at the same time haha.
[doublepost=1467800550][/doublepost]
I lost my Apple Watch to MBA 2013 option from the settings page after a reboot. To get it back I had to log out of iCloud and back in. If you're not seeing it in settings but should be then try that. It's really cool.

I got the check box, restarted everything, but my watch does nothing to unlock my iMac.

Broken Hope

macrumors 68000
Jan 15, 2015
Is it just me or has emoji prediction stopped working on beta 2?

On beta 1 on my iPad I could type pizza and one of the suggestions was the pizza emoji, that no longer happens.

Reactions: QuarterSwede

Polaroid

macrumors 65816
Oct 1, 2013
But given this is publicly displayed in WWDC 2016 I doubt it will change in the future beta unless massive customers send feedback to Apple explicitly show their anger of oversized fonts in Music app.
[doublepost=1467795368][/doublepost]
Then you will need to restore to iOS 9.3.2 in order to use beta 2 again. Hope you have a valid local backup.

Just cause they showed it at WWDC does mean they cant change it lol

MrGimper

macrumors G3
Sep 22, 2012
Andover, UK
Only some videos will play over cellular in the Videos app. Most give you this error:
IMG_2173_zpsrxczqdjy.png
Superb movie BTW

Reactions: clunkmess

retrospek

macrumors 6502a
Sep 28, 2004
UK
Visual Voicemail Transcript isn't working for me yet (I'm on the EE network in the UK).. Wonder if the provider has to do something...

Broken Hope

macrumors 68000
Jan 15, 2015
Not even a reset all settings has gotten emoji predictions to work for me, wonder what's wrong.

Justjay27

macrumors 6502
Feb 3, 2012
Visual Voicemail Transcript isn't working for me yet (I'm on the EE network in the UK).. Wonder if the provider has to do something...

It's not working for me either (At&t US)
[doublepost=1467807842][/doublepost]
Not sure if this is by design, but when you scroll left from the lock screen to see the widget screen, the time and date shift to the right edge of the screen - and it gives the widget screen a distinct, off-balance look.

View attachment 639158 View attachment 639159

Yeah its by design, it was like that in beta 1

cecoleman

macrumors regular
Nov 13, 2007
In iMessage previous when I changed the orientation, I would get all the handwriting options. Now I dont seem to see it. Any ideas or maybe in settings this changed?

Look lower right corner of the landscape keyboard. There is a scribble button there to switch back to the handwriting feature.

Reactions: QuarterSwede
Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.