Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.
Status
Not open for further replies.

or334

macrumors newbie
Oct 30, 2014
Split keyboard in the iPad Pro 9.7 is gone. Am I doing something wrong or Apple decided to remove it?

dannyyankou

macrumors G5
Mar 2, 2012
Westchester, NY
Weird glitch with the keyboard. I kinda like it.

IMG_0017.PNG

jschu22

macrumors 6502
Apr 12, 2008
For me, not much better than Beta 1. I cannot get through the day without an extra charge once or twice.

It's not worse though, right? I initially thought it was but I think jumped the gun on that assessment.

silvetti

macrumors 6502a
Nov 24, 2011
Poland
AppStore
  • TestFlight apps no longer appear as "Updates" to older versions in the app store. This was reverting test apps backwards to an older version than the one being tested in TestFlight. (This happened in iOS 10 beta 1 as well)

This is happening to me as well on 9.3.2 so it's not iOS 10 specific.

SlasherKG

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2010
To add to the transcription for voicemail, nothing is showing up in mine either. Just tested it... and nothing.
Transcription is working for me.
iPhone 6s Plus on T-Mobile.

EDIT: It is only appearing on newly left voicemails, anything carried over from before the upgrade says "Transcription not available".

roncito

macrumors 6502a
Apr 21, 2015
Poconos PA
To add to the transcription for voicemail, nothing is showing up in mine either. Just tested it... and nothing.
I just had a vm from a telemarketer and transcription worked not the best but on the top it says beta and low confidence. Also it gave me an option to tell apple if it was useful or not but disappeared after I chose no. It's a work in progress!
c1b2af6acd08116294d91b869a7aaad2.png

pacorob

macrumors 68020
Apr 8, 2010
the Netherlands
Widget sizes for third party widgets are correct now

Has the long press on safari tabs icon added 'new tab' option or was that in beta 1 too?

That good to hear. I still hope we will see the option to no longer see the huge date above the widgets. It takes up so much space. I also don't like that you now no longer have as much width as with the current iOS9 to show e.g. more icons with Launcher widget.

bhferguson

macrumors member
Jul 21, 2014
Denver, CO
Definitely some lag around the phone, way more noticeable than Beta 1. Messages is problematic for me, peek and pop, aren't showing the actual message, only a white screen.

I haven't been able to find any instance of this behavior with anyone else, but every morning around 10AM, my phone app quits working. Everything else on the phone works fine (within reason for a Beta) and I'm still able to make calls through Facebook audio. But once I dial a normal number from a contact or favorite list, it never actually connects with anything. The only fix is a complete restore. FYI, I have a developers account, I am only posting here to share my notes.

stoopkidblues

macrumors 6502
Mar 21, 2014
May have been mentioned above but new scroll sounds? Clicker sounds different when changing time in Clock app and Calendar.

stoopkidblues

macrumors 6502
Mar 21, 2014
Lyrics are either pulled from a web service or imported by Apple, not sure which is the one just yet.

I wonder if Apple opened the API to 3rd-parties. It'd be great if Genius or MusixMatch or Shazam etc. could integrate their lyrics into songs that Apple just doesn't recognize yet.

I'm sure that'll have to wait until at least iOS 11 though :/

Chris in DC

macrumors regular
Aug 4, 2014
Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but the phone now makes a sound (again) when you plug it in. Never did so in Beta 1.

Also, I'm not sure if this has always been the case because I only started trying to use it now, but using 3D touch to activate an iMessage favorite (from the phone app) doesn't create a new message to the respective person (or open the thread). Instead, it just goes to the Messages app. Seems that it should create a new message to the designated person, no?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.