Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SMIDG3T

Suspended
Apr 29, 2012
England
One observation I had was by turning on reduce transparency in accessibility, the animations were lot smoother than what it was with that setting off.

Yeah. It's like this in iOS 9. Animations improve when you turn on Reduce Transparency. People complaining that CC is only 59FPS...

Things of course will improve. We're at the second beta and things are looking very good.

simba4

macrumors 6502
Feb 8, 2016
Bulgaria
Attempting to 'force' restart (holding both buttons) is triggering a screenshot immediately, then the regular slide to power off and then finally it force restarts. Dunno if that's a bug but holding those buttons should just trigger a force restart.
Hold first the power off button and then the home :)

Reactions: Camperniki

macrumors 601
May 19, 2011
When I slide on a Messages notification and select 'view' I'll get a keyboard with no conversation, then the conversation appears and the keyboard disappears making the system useless. 6 Plus.

lagwagon

Suspended
Oct 12, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Any one elses screen rotation not working all time? If I restart it will work for a bit and then no more rotation

I've had it break in beta 1 for Safari and YouTube app. What I did to fix without a restart was open Messages and go into a conversation. Rotate to get the handwriting tool and it should work again. (At least this has fixed it for me before)

Feenician

macrumors 603
Jun 13, 2016
Any one elses screen rotation not working all time? If I restart it will work for a bit and then no more rotation

I had occasional (maybe twice during the b1 period) issue with rotation on the iPad. Haven't yet seen it occur in b2 but the time b2 has been out is well below the mean time to failure I was seeing so that's no guarantee.

Nikhil72

macrumors 68000
Oct 21, 2005
Probably missed this but anyone getting the same standby and usage time? Battery life itself seems great.

Shaqtus

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2014
So after a day of having B2, the battery life is SO much better than B1, 9 hours standby 5 hours usage, currently at 43%
[doublepost=1467835924][/doublepost]
Probably missed this but anyone getting the same standby and usage time? Battery life itself seems great.
So after a day of having B2, the battery life is SO much better than B1, 9 hours standby 5 hours usage, currently at 43%

braddick

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2009
Encinitas, CA
I noticed if the maps app is deleted along with the reminders app (I know they're not fully deleted- just not available on the home screen...) and SIRI is asked for map directions, she will make available the maps app in the app store- stating it is needed to fulfill the request.
Yet if a reminder is requested SIRI will simply state the reminder is set yet it truly is not.
For example, I asked for a one-minute reminder and after a minute passed checked spotlight and see I have no reminders even though SIRI stated it had been set.
Don't know if its a bug, yet surprised SIRI doesn't do the same as it does for the maps app and suggest the reminders app be re-downloaded while pulling up the app store (just like she does on a maps request).

skwood

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2013
England
I noticed if the maps app is deleted along with the reminders app (I know they're not fully deleted- just not available on the home screen...) and SIRI is asked for map directions, she will make available the maps app in the app store- stating it is needed to fulfill the request.
Yet if a reminder is requested SIRI will simply state the reminder is set yet it truly is not.
For example, I asked for a one-minute reminder and after a minute passed checked spotlight and see I have no reminders even though SIRI stated it had been set.
Don't know if its a bug, yet surprised SIRI doesn't do the same as it does for the maps app and suggest the reminders app be re-downloaded while pulling up the app store (just like she does on a maps request).

I think I saw this was a known issue in the release notes. Siri may not react correctly to requests dealt with by deleted apps or words to that effect.

Reactions: jgelin

vince085

macrumors member
Apr 26, 2016
Agree with the battery life, I've got almost 7 hours of usage time. I didn't get that since ios 9.2.

iPhone 6 - Wi-Fi and 3G/4G mixed usage.

Freakonomics101

macrumors 68030
Nov 6, 2014
4bdcb67d27a5dff95dded1e92b2a5638.png

Netflix is at 1.3 hours of screen time and Facebook is at 1.2 hours of screen time; 12 minutes background.

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
Anyone else seeing iOS 9 beta when raising a new issue in the Feedback app?
Apple may distinguish user through their apple ID. If yours are paid developer it will show up iOS 10 beta. If not, then iOS 9 beta.

iFormOfApple

macrumors member
May 7, 2016
United States of America
iOS 10 Developer Beta 2
TouchID and Passcode
* Now if you keep your finger on the TouchID Sensor, the registered finger row highlights, an indication to show you the corresponding finger number/name.

Privacy
* Siri and Dictation changed to Speech Recognition with non-optimized icon ascribed.

Location Services
* Emergency SOS
* Location based suggestions

nortonandreev

macrumors 68030
Jan 11, 2016
Europe
Hasn't that always been there? When you are on the phone you get multiple options. Hold and answer, end and answer and ignore/decline?
I think that there were only "hold and answer" and "end and answer" on iOS 9. And the decline was with the lock button. I will check tomorrow.

ThunderMasterMind

macrumors 6502a
Apr 29, 2016
Hasn't that always been there? When you are on the phone you get multiple options. Hold and answer, end and answer and ignore/decline?
Decline was lost in iOS 7. On the lockscreen in iOS 5 and 6 you could decline it and you had a few options too. You slid up on the phone grabber to access them, which was a nice touch

IMG_1145.JPG

Reactions: idrisinan

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
I think that there were only "hold and answer" and "end and answer" on iOS 9. And the decline was with the lock button. I will check tomorrow.

Decline was lost in iOS 7. On the lockscreen in iOS 5 and 6 you could decline it and you had a few options too. You slid up on the phone grabber to access them, which was a nice touch

We are talking about call waiting, not receiving a new call.

image.jpeg

Options in iOS 9.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.