Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.
Status
Not open for further replies.

vince085

macrumors member
Apr 26, 2016
While the phone is locked and a call incomes, the remind option is not showing anymore.

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
Attempting to 'force' restart (holding both buttons) is triggering a screenshot immediately, then the regular slide to power off and then finally it force restarts. Dunno if that's a bug but holding those buttons should just trigger a force restart.
This happens all the time already in iOS 10 beta 1.

Find it quite annoying because I need to delete that SS afterwards.

Camperniki

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2012
Southern California
581f029534d4a556ff855dce601239c9.png

Guessing apps now have access to passwords saved in safari. This will come in handy!
Came in handy when I reactivated my Sling Tv account and it all popped up on the tv when setting up the Sling app
[doublepost=1467841995][/doublepost]
Weren't available for all songs in beta 1, probably not there in beta 2. I didn't think they had implemented it yet until I saw the lyrics button while playing random music. Try rapper's delight, it's what they used in the keynote.
I don't know why they put the lyrics button where it is (only shows up because I put the lyrics in for one song myself). Stupid place for it to be, in my opinion

Reactions: roncito

StonewallBrown

macrumors regular
Mar 25, 2013
I noticed if the maps app is deleted along with the reminders app (I know they're not fully deleted- just not available on the home screen...) and SIRI is asked for map directions, she will make available the maps app in the app store- stating it is needed to fulfill the request.
Yet if a reminder is requested SIRI will simply state the reminder is set yet it truly is not.
For example, I asked for a one-minute reminder and after a minute passed checked spotlight and see I have no reminders even though SIRI stated it had been set.
Don't know if its a bug, yet surprised SIRI doesn't do the same as it does for the maps app and suggest the reminders app be re-downloaded while pulling up the app store (just like she does on a maps request).
That because reminders has its own app, but actually runs off of the calendar app.

CamiMR

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2012
Beta 2 is overall much smoother than B1. Still get the odd press an app to open and nothing happens, press again and it does.
Apple News (UK) is working properly now.
Unlocking with Touch ID from lock screen (pressing home button and leaving finger in place) often goes from "Touch ID or Enter Passcode" to an "Enter Passcode" mode, where I have to press the home button again... this didn't happen in Beta 1, is it happening to anyone else? Tried restarting a few times, but hasn't fixed it....

lagwagon

Suspended
Oct 12, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I don't know why they put the lyrics button where it is (only shows up because I put the lyrics in for one song myself). Stupid place for it to be, in my opinion

What's wrong with where they put the lyrics? Makes sense to me that it's in the Now Playing card and below so it's out of the way if you don't want to see it (small scroll down)

ThunderMasterMind

macrumors 6502a
Apr 29, 2016
Beta 2 is overall much smoother than B1. Still get the odd press an app to open and nothing happens, press again and it does.
Apple News (UK) is working properly now.
Unlocking with Touch ID from lock screen (pressing home button and leaving finger in place) often goes from "Touch ID or Enter Passcode" to an "Enter Passcode" mode, where I have to press the home button again... this didn't happen in Beta 1, is it happening to anyone else? Tried restarting a few times, but hasn't fixed it....
Mine does the same thing, but I just press the home button and keep my finger on it then the passcode Promt opens, then it unlocks. Definitely not as nice as B1.

Blaster13

macrumors 6502a
Aug 6, 2015
Getting so annoyed my 9.7 pro won't update keeps failing when it's downloaded all the software any one know a fix..

CamiMR

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2012
Mine does the same thing, but I just press the home button and keep my finger on it then the passcode Promt opens, then it unlocks. Definitely not as nice as B1.
B1 was definitely better, hopefully it gets fixed in the next beta! 25th of July, dare I speculate?!... :)

iphonedude2008

macrumors 65816
Nov 7, 2009
Irvine, CA
But if it was with the album art how would one use the actual controls (since they would then get pushed down and would require scrolling to access)

With how it is, it's out of the way until you want it.
I think a better place for it would be to have it show as an overlay on the album art or something similar to the way spotify does Behind the Lyrics

Reactions: Freakonomics101

lagwagon

Suspended
Oct 12, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I think a better place for it would be to have it show as an overlay on the album art or something similar to the way spotify does Behind the Lyrics

Meh. Sounds ugly (only my opinion and not stating as fact)

Plus I'm sure Apple doesn't want a Spotify clone either.

There is nothing wrong at all how it's currently implemented. It's clean and out of the way and only a few mm scroll away when wanted.

Reactions: JerTheGeek

MacieMcMacFace

macrumors newbie
Jul 2, 2016
I can't submit a reply through feedback app since I am not a developer.
But if I have WhatsApp open and another app open then double tap the home button. It frequently freezes up or I am unable to swipe around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.