Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iphonedude2008

macrumors 65816
Nov 7, 2009
Irvine, CA
Has anyone noticed major stutter seeing when opening an app from within a folder? I tried a hard reset and still didn't fix it as well as removing all the apps from the folder and creating a new one. If this has been mentioned my apologies. Thanks!
Yeah I notice it too. Probably too much live blur effect and no optimization

lagwagon

Suspended
Oct 12, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Has anyone noticed major stutter when opening an app from within a folder? I tried a hard reset and still didn't fix it as well as removing all the apps from the folder and creating a new one. If this has been mentioned my apologies. Thanks!

Not getting any issues on my device. (Opened 11 apps I have in a folder and no stutter.)

iphonedude2008

macrumors 65816
Nov 7, 2009
Irvine, CA
Not getting any issues on my device. (Opened 11 apps I have in a folder and no stutter.)
Maybe you're not affected by it (maybe another dynamic font caused thing), but its not as major as I assumed from what he said. Just a stutter halfway through the opening animation.

lagwagon

Suspended
Oct 12, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Maybe you're not affected by it (maybe another dynamic font caused thing), but its not as major as I assumed from what he said. Just a stutter halfway through the opening animation.

Well with many bugs. Some get them and some don't. I was mearly just pointing out it isn't something that hits everyone on iOS 10 beta 2. (So not wide spread to all installs) Just like the predictive emoji issue some are having and others are not. :)

iphonedude2008

macrumors 65816
Nov 7, 2009
Irvine, CA
Well with many bugs. Some get them and some don't. I was mearly just pointing out it isn't something that hits everyone on iOS 10 beta 2. (So not wide spread to all installs) Just like the predictive emoji issue some are having and others are not. :)
Yeah I just thought maybe your were looking for a massive half second stutter and wanted to make it clear what the stutter looks like to anyone reading this

ThunderMasterMind

macrumors 6502a
Apr 29, 2016
Perhaps you fail too, and didn't read in another post what causes it to get cut off. https://forums.macrumors.com/thread...xes-and-changes.1981142/page-32#post-23095110
Pfft that's just a padding issue.

IMG_1144.PNG

lagwagon

Suspended
Oct 12, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Pfft that's just a padding issue.

View attachment 639230

Your point is? You claimed someone fails because they had an issue while you didn't. The issue was found to be tied directly to the font size setting, which you failed to see and just say that person fails.

It's a bug that the font size is changing the actual height of the weather widget with how much space gets left at the bottom below the text. (It also does nearly the same for the Activity Widget)
[doublepost=1467832510][/doublepost]
What happens when you tap the EMOJI button from this point? The word "Pizza" should turn yellow and when you tap it, you get a pizza emoji...

Not the same feature. That's turning previously written text into an emoji. The problem some seem to be having is emojis are not showing up in the Predictive text boxes above the keyboard.

Reactions: Strutten

AZhappyjack

Suspended
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
Not the same feature. That's turning previously written text into an emoji. The problem some seem to be having is emojis are not showing up in the Predictive text boxes above the keyboard.

I am not seeing the "predictive emoji" thing, either... not on iPhone 5, iPhone 6S Plus or iPad Mini 4.

lagwagon

Suspended
Oct 12, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
It's working for me 6s+

Because you probably have your system font size at the default middle setting. The space below the temperature numbers progressively gets smaller with each tick towards smallest, with smallest getting the temperature numbers cut midway off. (Also the space gets progressively larger as you move the font size to largest.)

Last edited:

sameer0924

macrumors member
Aug 13, 2013
USA
One observation I had was by turning on reduce transparency in accessibility, the animations were lot smoother than what it was with that setting off.

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2008
It's not worse though, right? I initially thought it was but I think jumped the gun on that assessment.
It seems to be worse for me today.
[doublepost=1467833722][/doublepost]
Overall I'd say Beta 2 is far less stable than Beta 1. By an order of magnitude.
Definitely more stable that beta 1. No random restarts and less stutter overall.

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
Has anyone noticed major stutter when opening an app from within a folder? I tried a hard reset and still didn't fix it as well as removing all the apps from the folder and creating a new one. If this has been mentioned my apologies. I have a 6s plus. Thanks!
Noticed that. But I can live with it.

ThunderMasterMind

macrumors 6502a
Apr 29, 2016
Your point is? You claimed someone fails because they had an issue while you didn't. The issue was found to be tied directly to the font size setting, which you failed to see and just say that person fails.
Dude chill, it was a joke. I clearly noticed that I skimmed over it and mentioned the issue myself. Sorry you misinterpreted it. No need for a hissy fit over a mistake.

macrumors 601
May 19, 2011
Activity widget doesn't work. At least it doesn't for me. I get --/-- for all fields.

macrumors 601
May 19, 2011
Attempting to 'force' restart (holding both buttons) is triggering a screenshot immediately, then the regular slide to power off and then finally it force restarts. Dunno if that's a bug but holding those buttons should just trigger a force restart.

Reactions: Camperniki

mhoepfin

macrumors regular
Oct 8, 2014
Battery life is horrendous and I'm just sitting here listening to music on it. Im going to guess that it's just "indexing" or whatever and give it the benefit of the doubt.

Reset setting and repairing my watch seemed to help battery a lot. Phone was hot yesterday, but battery is great today.

Reactions: clunkmess
Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.