Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Feenician

macrumors 603
Jun 13, 2016
Perhaps he should file a law suit against Apple claiming "untold" mental damage to himself, and request another $10 billion compensation.

I cannot imagine any circumstances in which I'd make 500 posts on an android forum in 5 months proclaiming the superiority of iOS. Well, I can, but it'd have to pay generously

iphonedude2008

macrumors 65816
Nov 7, 2009
Irvine, CA
BACKSPACE TEMP. FIX HERE

Wow I just found a pretty cool temporary fix for the whole "backspace screws up mobile replies. Just press the tool icon in the top right of the text editor. It'll turn off the rich text editor and take away all the settings, but it's worth being able to safely use backspace
[doublepost=1467957529][/doublepost]
Every time I backspace the page scrolls all the way to the bottom... is there a fix for this???
Its like I'm psychic

Feenician

macrumors 603
Jun 13, 2016
Every time I backspace the page scrolls all the way to the bottom... is there a fix for this???

Afraid there isn't for now. It was worse in the last beta, where any key press at all would cause it. Just have to wait and see if it's gone in the next beta :(

Feenician

macrumors 603
Jun 13, 2016
Wow I just found a pretty cool temporary fix for the whole "backspace screws up mobile replies. Just press the tool icon in the top right of the text editor. It'll turn off the rich text editor and take away all the settings, but it's worth being able to safely use backspace
[doublepost=1467957529][/doublepost]
Its like I'm psychic

And I stand corrected. That works! Nice find!

Reactions: iphonedude2008

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
I cannot imagine any circumstances in which I'd make 500 posts on an android forum in 5 months proclaiming the superiority of iOS. Well, I can, but it'd have to pay generously
And you will be a paid "50-cents".
How much do you want to be paid? $500 per 1000 posts?
Joking.

Radon87000

macrumors 604
Nov 29, 2013
Oh man. Here we go again. Now that public beta is out, the lag brigade is here.
Lol! It's fine for me. I don't think I've ever once complained about lag on any beta I've been on. I guess I am one of the lucky ones.
It's not just me .This video was made 6 hours ago and this guy is also getting lag as he comments many times during the video.More so for the iPhone 6 as he says which I agree with

lagwagon

Suspended
Oct 12, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
It's not just me .This video was made 6 hours ago and this guy is also getting lag as he comments many times during the video.More so for the iPhone 6 as he says which I agree with

How did I ever know you would post that video and then take it out of context. You DO understand it's early beta right? Do you even know about the unencrypted kernel that can allow Apple to increase performance more than ever? Which hasn't even gone through performance optimization yet because it's still early and that's not done until the final couple builds.

Of course not. You just hear the word "lag" and go "OMG!! Seeeeeee!!!!!! 8.4.1 too gud!"

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015

And yet you also safely ignores his comment saying "we cannot judge this version because it is beta while iOS 9.3.2 is properly optimized".

Argues start from here.

kiancheong

macrumors member
May 18, 2011
So I discovered this really cool feature in iMessage when you type in "I'm at..." telling someone where you are, it automatically suggests you to share your current location

Just tested this feature. I have Predictive switched off, but this feature seems to turn it on *temporarily*. The predictive bar won't go away unless I press back.

Did you install the public beta? Device is probably indexing.

Nope, developer beta 2. Did a reboot and it seems to have cleared. Speaking of which, that annoying please enter your iCloud password prompt seems to have stopped after that as well.

LOL. With battery test to boot! I'm sure he's get a bazillion number of views at the moment.

SMIDG3T

Suspended
Apr 29, 2012
England

I do like this guy's videos but he makes me laugh sometimes. He complains that a beta isn't as fast as iOS 9.3.2.

Cakefish

macrumors 6502a
Oct 14, 2015
All I've seen that's plainly broken so far are little opaque boxes around what should be transparent textures - including the little arrow that shows your location in Google Maps and the button controls for PIP videos. iPad Air 2.

Reactions: JaJaWa and pmostoff

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
I do like this guy's videos but he makes me laugh sometimes. He complains that a beta isn't as fast as iOS 9.3.2.
You just interpret his comments in a different way.

In my understanding, what he actually says is: "oh my gosh. iOS 10 beta 2 is not that fast as iOS 9.3.2. This is not a good trend".

Polaroid

macrumors 65816
Oct 1, 2013
Okay that's weird. I am on 6s Plus and when I am in an app and swipe to show Notification Center using force touch, the Taptic Engine vibrates at least 3 times while swiping.

Wow cool - never knew they added this within apps!

sterumbelow

macrumors 6502
Apr 15, 2010
You can drag images from the photo library straight into a message. Either to the conversation itself, which sends the image immediately; or into the text box, which allows you to add text.

IMG_0143.PNG

Last edited:

sunny2k1

macrumors 6502
Nov 9, 2013
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Odd behavior in the public beta:

Starting a stock app (e.g. App Store, Mail) sometimes results switching to the toggling/ app deletion mode. Tested on iPhone 6s Plus and iPad Air 2 (Cellular).

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
What would happen if I deleted the Beta profile from my phone?
You will keep receiving all upcoming betas until official iOS 10 release. Perhaps you will also receive all subsequent betas of all upcoming versions of iOS 10.
--This is my experience.

You will not be able to receive any beta updates as soon as you delete beta profile. But you still can update to official release of iOS 10, as well as iOS 10.1, iOS 10.2 etc.
--This is other users experience.

pudge104

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2015
My albums in Apple Music under individual artists aren't in order by year anymore, but are random. I don't see a sort button, is there any way to fix this?

Luftkopf

macrumors newbie
Jul 8, 2016
Has anyone else had a problem with Personal Hotspot? I use it a lot, but it hasn't worked since I installed iOS 10. My iPhone's hotspot SSID shows up in the list of WiFi networks, but nothing can connect to it.

Jack25

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2010
You will keep receiving all upcoming betas until official iOS 10 release. Perhaps you will also receive all subsequent betas of all upcoming versions of iOS 10.
--This is my experience.

You will not be able to receive any beta updates as soon as you delete beta profile. But you still can update to official release of iOS 10, as well as iOS 10.1, iOS 10.2 etc.
--This is other users experience.
Thank you!

Think I might just wait for the official release then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.