Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gwhizkids

macrumors G5
Jun 21, 2013
Overnight 16% drain. Checked the battery usage and it's been up for the past 6 hours doing Steve knows what it is. Just happened right after public beta is out.
Did you install the public beta? Device is probably indexing.
[doublepost=1467944821][/doublepost]
I want to downgrade to 9.3.2 but not sure I can as I've synced my iPhone to my iTunes since upgrading, so my back up isn't 9.3.2..?
Did you backup to your Mac/PC before installing the beta? If so, was it an archived and encrypted backup? If no, then you don't have a backup to restore. That doesn't mean you can't revert to 9.3.2. You just won't have any backed up data when you get there.

Apple was quite clear about the need to do this on the beta home page.
[doublepost=1467944949][/doublepost]
Does that and a few other things as well. If someone texts you asking what your email address is, it will put your email address in the predictive field to select when you reply. Phone numbers too.
The hard thing is going to be trying to remember all of these features.

Last edited:

markol

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2014
Having the same problem

I'm having this issue too. It works, however, if we both have the message window open with each other. If it's not, it only shows in notification bar saying "... sent with lasers (etc)" but when I open it, it's just a normal message.

minato21

macrumors regular
Aug 16, 2015
Anyone else's time disappearing from the status bar? Happens when I switch apps or unlock to home screen every now and then

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
Having issues with music playing and the messages app. For example, if I'm listening to music with headphones on (either Spotify or Apple Music), when I open the messages app there is a stutter and when I close it there is also a stutter. I thought maybe it was the opening/closing animation so I turned on reduce motion and it still happened. Music also tends to stop completely when opening the messages app. Anyone else experience this?
Mine happens when using camera.
And music just does not play for a while, but timer still moves on. When music resume, music played in that few seconds are just missing, and continue from where timer is.
In other words, when launching camera app, iOS 10 beta 2 needs a few seconds to completely open the app. During these few seconds, music has been "muted" and I cannot hear anything. After camera app completely opened, music is not "muted" anymore and I can continue listening to all remaining parts.
With, or without headphone on.

sterumbelow

macrumors 6502
Apr 15, 2010
This is getting annoying. Every time I tap the search bar in safari this Promt pops up and it does this when I open the app switcher from safari as well as closing safari.

I've entered the password multiple times and it won't stop.

View attachment 639419
This was happening to me when I first installed beta 2. Constantly popped up. It isn't now, so there is hope.

The only thing I know I did was to upgrade from Two Step authentication to Two Factor Authentication (2FA). You can do this via the MY AppleID site. I actually thought I was already using it!

Feenician

macrumors 603
Jun 13, 2016
Yeah I know. It is for me and many others. But the person I quoted has made it his life's mission to gripe about it non stop. It literally makes up 99% of his posts.

I just had a look at the post history. Wow. Universally negative :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.