Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
At night with do not disturb in use, neither silent mode, the sms, facebook messenger,.. notifications doesn't produce vibration or sound. It is a bug? Only from 22h to next day. All days.

Wait. Sorry. Having problems understanding. Are you saying that when DND is on it's not producing a sound or vibration? Because that's the point.

coolsean20

macrumors regular
Apr 23, 2014
The amount of battery life I am losing is terrible. Wow. May downgrade back. My 6s Plus also gets very hot

Prabas

macrumors 65816
Sep 14, 2010
Europe
Okay that's weird. I am on 6s Plus and when I am in an app and swipe to show Notification Center using force touch, the Taptic Engine vibrates at least 3 times while swiping.

ThunderMasterMind

macrumors 6502a
Apr 29, 2016
You can now move the text cursor in the Phone dialler (may have been in Beta 1)
e1c3573ca19199d41bb1434a63d9b109.png
New to 10 B1. I thought it was mentioned already in the B1 topic.

kiancheong

macrumors member
May 18, 2011
Overnight 16% drain. Checked the battery usage and it's been up for the past 6 hours doing Steve knows what it is. Just happened right after public beta is out.

Reactions: JaJaWa

Jack25

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2010
I want to downgrade to 9.3.2 but not sure I can as I've synced my iPhone to my iTunes since upgrading, so my back up isn't 9.3.2..?

iphonedude2008

macrumors 65816
Nov 7, 2009
Irvine, CA
Okay that's weird. I am on 6s Plus and when I am in an app and swipe to show Notification Center using force touch, the Taptic Engine vibrates at least 3 times while swiping.
It's supposed to be so you can quickly initiate a search, but it doesn't work that well and vibrates too often

GaresTaylan

macrumors 6502a
Nov 11, 2009
Is there something I'm missing about the screen effects in messages? I'm running beta 2 and my wife is on the public beta. If I send her a message with say... laser effect for example... she gets the message and it just has text on it that says (sent with lasers).

Also, anyone else having issues trying to post on forums using safari and while typing safari keeps scrolling to the bottom of the page? Was happening in the last beta for me as well.

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
So I discovered this really cool feature in iMessage when you type in "I'm at..." telling someone where you are, it automatically suggests you to share your current location

Yes, this was demonstrated at the keynote. Predictive text got smarter as it encompasses Siri. Apple is calling it "contextual predictions".

lagwagon

Suspended
Oct 12, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
So I discovered this really cool feature in iMessage when you type in "I'm at..." telling someone where you are, it automatically suggests you to share your current location

Does that and a few other things as well. If someone texts you asking what your email address is, it will put your email address in the predictive field to select when you reply. Phone numbers too.

Reactions: jgelin

christian.terra

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2014
Having issues with music playing and the messages app. For example, if I'm listening to music with headphones on (either Spotify or Apple Music), when I open the messages app there is a stutter and when I close it there is also a stutter. I thought maybe it was the opening/closing animation so I turned on reduce motion and it still happened. Music also tends to stop completely when opening the messages app. Anyone else experience this?

ThunderMasterMind

macrumors 6502a
Apr 29, 2016
This is getting annoying. Every time I tap the search bar in safari this Promt pops up and it does this when I open the app switcher from safari as well as closing safari.

I've entered the password multiple times and it won't stop.

IMG_1151.JPG

lagwagon

Suspended
Oct 12, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
This is getting annoying. Every time I tap the search bar in safari this Promt pops up and it does this when I open the app switcher from safari as well as closing safari.

View attachment 639419

Happened a lot to quite a few people in most of the iOS 9 life cycle. Not really specific to iOS 10 or beta.
[doublepost=1467942123][/doublepost]
Having issues with music playing and the messages app. For example, if I'm listening to music with headphones on (either Spotify or Apple Music), when I open the messages app there is a stutter and when I close it there is also a stutter. I thought maybe it was the opening/closing animation so I turned on reduce motion and it still happened. Music also tends to stop completely when opening the messages app. Anyone else experience this?

That could be a bug tied to Messages new in line music playing. What that is, if someone shares with you a song from Apple Music you can play it In Line right from the text you got without having to leave the Messages app.

I'm totally guessing, but could be a cause. Because it's he only thing I can think of as to why music would be affected with Messages app.

HamishL96

macrumors newbie
Jun 24, 2015
Geelong, Australia

Attachments

• IMG_0540.JPG
    IMG_0540.JPG
    187.8 KB · Views: 158

cmaier

Suspended
Jul 25, 2007
California
Working fine for me.

Me too

I think beta 2 is better than beta 1..

Battery life seems better, but not as good as 9.3.3.. I think some of that IS due to the raise to wake feature. Which I have turned on.

Betas typically have worse battery life due to all the debug logging and things being compiled without optimizations on to enable easier debugging. Also why you sometimes see laggy animations and such in betas that magically go away in the RC.

Been meaning to ask the last day or two. In beta 2 has anyone noticed that on this site, tapping the flag icon for the notification on new posts in watched threads. It's no longer scrollable within the drop down box that displays the list of new posts. (It just scrolls the whole page instead of just inside the box)

I find killing safari and relaunching solves it for awhile.

This may be related to annoying "tapping space bar or return button page jumps to the bottom" bug. My guess.

Backspace is now the problem...

smotania

macrumors member
Jun 14, 2012
Boston, MA, USA
I havent gone through all the pages, but my first problem with beta 2 so far is, i cant answer the phone (slide to answer) the screen is kind of dim and it's not active to touch. I can only answer the call from my watch, it's really annoying if i cant answer the phone. Anyone with the same problem and eventual workaround? It didn't persisted in beta 1, iphone 6.

cmaier

Suspended
Jul 25, 2007
California
I havent gone through all the pages, but my first problem with beta 2 so far is, i cant answer the phone (slide to answer) the screen is kind of dim and it's not active to touch. I can only answer the call from my watch, it's really annoying if i cant answer the phone. Anyone with the same problem and eventual workaround? It didn't persisted in beta 1, iphone 6.

Did you try restarting?

iphonedude2008

macrumors 65816
Nov 7, 2009
Irvine, CA
Is there something I'm missing about the screen effects in messages? I'm running beta 2 and my wife is on the public beta. If I send her a message with say... laser effect for example... she gets the message and it just has text on it that says (sent with lasers).

Also, anyone else having issues trying to post on forums using safari and while typing safari keeps scrolling to the bottom of the page? Was happening in the last beta for me as well.
I have that same issue when sending messages to my friend. It works when he sends things to me, but for him it just shows that text under the message instead of the effect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.