Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Broken Hope

macrumors 68000
Jan 15, 2015
Least the feedback app lists iOS 10 now, so I've submitted a bug report regarding emoji prediction being broken for me.

Heebeejeebies

macrumors regular
Nov 9, 2011
New Jersey
I don't understand why people who already have the Dev Beta are even considering switching over to the Public Beta if A) its the same exact thing B) Dev Betas are released a few days earlier than PB's lol
I never knew the differences or benefits of one over the other. I imagined that the public beta was used to test specific new features (maybe a couple at a time) while the dev beta was truly for developers. I guess that's not the case.

macrumors 601
May 19, 2011
The bug reporter asks for a device build version or whatever but I can't find that for my device? It's not in the About section in settings. It's an iPhone 6 Plus 16GB and iPad mini 4 16GB.

JDabney24

macrumors regular
Sep 24, 2014
Anyone notice the new emergency sos toggle under settings>privacy>location?

Attachments

• IMG_3556.PNG
    IMG_3556.PNG
    629.6 KB · Views: 177
Reactions: LordQ

Broken Hope

macrumors 68000
Jan 15, 2015
The bug reporter asks for a device build version or whatever but I can't find that for my device? It's not in the About section in settings. It's an iPhone 6 Plus 16GB and iPad mini 4 16GB.

Device build should be pre-filled, it is on my iPhone 6.

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
PB started with 8.3. I've been on beta ever since and don't recall any time when the public beta build was different from the developer build.

After researching, I concede. I could have sworn they occasionally had different build numbers. I knew OS X always did, but I really thought iOS did too. Thank you for your patience!

Reactions: lagwagon

lagwagon

Suspended
Oct 12, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
After researching, I concede. I could have sworn they occasionally had different build numbers. I knew OS X always did, but I really thought iOS did too. Thank you for your patience!

Heheh no worries. I wasn't trying to argue either. I was just pretty sure that it's only really been the case on the Mac side. (Because the profiles and such are handled way differently. So the Mac needed a way to tell developers to get x and public beta to get y.)

WaruiKoohii

macrumors 6502
Oct 4, 2015
Boston
Usually iOS has a slightly different build number two, on iOS 9.0 that was the case at least.
Not the case on iOS. Sometimes the PB release will be a higher build number, but those on the developer profile get updated to the same build when it's released. Throughout the entirety of the iOS 9 beta program, when the public and developer betas were both out, they were the same build.

Shaqtus

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2014
After 2 days, I honestly cant complain about battery life from B1-B2; B1 my battery was absolutely trash, charging my phone may 3-4 times a day. Todays battery is currently at 47% with 8 hours standby and 3 hours usage :D

lagwagon

Suspended
Oct 12, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Been meaning to ask the last day or two. In beta 2 has anyone noticed that on this site, tapping the flag icon for the notification on new posts in watched threads. It's no longer scrollable within the drop down box that displays the list of new posts. (It just scrolls the whole page instead of just inside the box)

Reactions: Shirasaki

iphonedude2008

macrumors 65816
Nov 7, 2009
Irvine, CA
Been meaning to ask the last day or two. In beta 2 has anyone noticed that on this site, tapping the flag icon for the notification on new posts in watched threads. It's no longer scrollable within the drop down box that displays the list of new posts. (It just scrolls the whole page instead of just inside the box)
Yeah I've noticed it too. I end up just looking at the dedicated page for alerts on mobile. No idea what caused it

AbblePC

macrumors regular
Aug 1, 2009

Yes Iv'e noticed this as well on other sites I use for daily tech work and with with any scrollable text boxes. I now have to press and hold on the text inside the box as if I am selecting the text and scroll the text box that way. For drop down selection items it's pretty much the same for me.
Also when typing into a box such as this one, the page constantly wants to pop to the bottom of the page, exact opposite that it does when entering text into a note in the notes.app.

The no scrolling within a selection box or area had started since DB2, whereas the popping constantly to either the top or bottom of a page was ever since DB1.

lagwagon

Suspended
Oct 12, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Yes Iv'e noticed this as well on other sites I use for daily tech work and with with any scrollable text boxes. I now have to press and hold on the text inside the box as if I am selecting the text and scroll the text box that way. For drop down selection items it's pretty much the same for me.
Also when typing into a box such as this one, the page constantly wants to pop to the bottom of the page, exact opposite that it does when entering text into a note in the notes.app.

The no scrolling within a selection box or area had started since DB2, whereas the popping constantly to either the top or bottom of a page was ever since DB1.

The popping to the bottom while typing was mostly fixed in DP2. It's now just backspace(delete) and return. Normal typing works.

AbblePC

macrumors regular
Aug 1, 2009
The popping to the bottom while typing was mostly fixed in DP2. It's now just backspace(delete) and return. Normal typing works.
That's odd as it's still doing the page pop to me on both iPAd Pro and iPhone 6S. To answeer the flag drop down question, I am able to scroll it without the entire page scrolling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.