Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tivoboy

macrumors 601
May 15, 2005
I think beta 2 is better than beta 1..

Battery life seems better, but not as good as 9.3.3.. I think some of that IS due to the raise to wake feature. Which I have turned on.

Reduce Motion fixes the issues I had with no spotlight search on the home page (or other pages)

I don't like the new changes to increase contrast, it makes my bottom icon bar very light grey, it was nearly dark background color before. Not sure why the change.

Safari tabs aren't AS funky and slow as Beta 1 but still not solved.

I think there is some sort of spotlite indexing going on when the beta is installed, and it seems to happen again with each install. This makes battery life poor in the first couple days, then better later. Don't really have another answer for why battery life IMPROVES over 48-72 hours.

I'll stick with it even when the public beta comes out, get faster releases of updates.

dadiduekappa

macrumors regular
Mar 15, 2013
Naples - Italy
What does it mean this WhatsApp notification?

Attachments

• IMG_5335.PNG
    IMG_5335.PNG
    690.4 KB · Views: 306

Enygmatic

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2015
Various
So far I'm only experiencing two "problems" that extend beyong typical dev beta bugs (imo) mentioned elsewhere:

1 - Maps navigation audio no longer talks; I just get a loud chime when directions/turns should be read (all settings verified; not present in Build 1)

2 - Outlook mail account errors out and asks to be re-signed into at least twice daily

iPhone 6S Plus
iPad Pro (9.7")

tech_apple

macrumors member
May 22, 2016
Anybody experience that in any app when you open multi tasking home screen show some weird animation ?
iPhone 6s plus

lagwagon

Suspended
Oct 12, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Maybe so, but its a different thread in a completely different area of the forum. BTW macOS PB1 is a different build than DP2.

That's always been the case on the Mac. DP and PB are usually like 1 digit (or letter) off in the build number. I think it's because there really isn't a profile persay that you install like iOS. So it needs a way to differentiate the two.

yashz

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2015
USA
So far I'm only experiencing two "problems" that extend beyong typical dev beta bugs (imo) mentioned elsewhere:

1 - Maps navigation audio no longer talks; I just get a loud chime when directions/turns should be read (all settings verified; not present in Build 1)

I have the same issue in my 6S plus. Restarting my phone brings back the audio direction. But after a short while it reverts bad HK the chimp notification instead. Very frustrating.

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
That's always been the case on the Mac. DP and PB are usually like 1 digit (or letter) off in the build number. I think it's because there really isn't a profile persay that you install like iOS. So it needs a way to differentiate the two.

Usually iOS has a slightly different build number two, on iOS 9.0 that was the case at least.

iphonedude2008

macrumors 65816
Nov 7, 2009
Irvine, CA
I don't understand why people who already have the Dev Beta are even considering switching over to the Public Beta if A) its the same exact thing B) Dev Betas are released a few days earlier than PB's lol
There really isn't a point to doing so as far as I can tell. Plus Dev Beta sounds cooler than Public Beta

Shaqtus

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2014
There really isn't a point to doing so as far as I can tell. Plus Dev Beta sounds cooler than Public Beta
ya exactly, plus I guess those asking which is better are actually non dev and just downloaded the dev profile to their daily devices lol

lagwagon

Suspended
Oct 12, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Usually iOS has a slightly different build number two, on iOS 9.0 that was the case at least.

Pretty sure iOS has always kept the same build numbers between the DP and PB. (I'm not talking the "DP 3" vs "PB 1" numbers. I'm talking the actual build number like 14a5297c)

iOS has always shared the same between the two. OS X (macOS) has always been 1 digit difference. Like 14A5297c and 14A5298c if we were to use current iOS build numbers as an example for Mac.

The only time I have ever seen a different iOS build number are sometimes 6s and 6s+ have a 1 digit difference from all other phones.

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
Pretty sure iOS has always kept the same build numbers between the DP and PB. (I'm not talking the "DP 3" vs "PB 1" numbers. I'm talking the actual build number like 14a5297c)

iOS has always shared the same between the two. OS X (macOS) has always been 1 digit difference. Like 14A5297c and 14A5298c if we were to use current iOS build numbers as an example for Mac.

The only time I have ever seen a different iOS build number are sometimes 6s and 6s+ have a 1 digit difference from all other phones.

Back when the first iOS PBs came out, such as 8.4 and 9.0, they had slightly different build numbers, even if it was only the lowercase letter at the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.