Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pmostoff

macrumors member
Jul 21, 2015
I remember seeing something back in the Beta 1 thread about people reporting that pictures they were taking didn't seem to be getting saved. Never saw any real resolve to this issue so please excuse this post if I just missed it.

Unfortunately in Beta 2 I'm still seeing the issue but it isn't as serious as originally thought. The images are being saved, they just aren't appearing in the 'Moments' section of the Photos.app (the 'Photos' tab). I realized that, seemingly randomly, some photos I had taken weren't showing up. It was sometimes literally one out of two taken back to back. I'm glad to say that they are being saved though and that for some reason you have to go to the 'All Photos' album to find them. Like I said, seems almost random and I didn't have it happen to me at first. So just a little PSA if it happens to anyone else, don't worry your photos are (hopefully) still there.

Reported the bug to Apple.

darkfiber

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2008
Columbus, OH USA
I noticed they changed the "Constellation" alarm music in iOS 10. It sounds different than it did in iOS 9 (I use Constellation to wake me up in the morning so I am very familiar with how it sounds. I am fine with the change, but I thought it was interesting that they altered it in the way they did.

nimamalek

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2016
Iran
What do you mean by your question? Elaborate a bit more.

In beta 1 airplay just work with mirroring the screen. For example if I want to watch a movie with infuse app I should use mirroring and when my device locks the player stop working.
But in iOS 9 I can play movies in background and do other things with my phone. Also movies keeps playing when my device goes to sleep.
I want to knows this problem solved in beta 2 or not :)

myname70

macrumors 6502a
May 5, 2014
In beta 1 airplay just work with mirroring the screen. For example if I want to watch a movie with infuse app I should use mirroring and when my device locks the player stop working.
But in iOS 9 I can play movies in background and do other things with my phone. Also movies keeps playing when my device goes to sleep.
I just checked it with infuse. When clicking the tv share icon - it says to enable airplay mirroring.

Reactions: nimamalek

Feenician

macrumors 603
Jun 13, 2016

There was and is two places to enable airplay in iOS 10. If you bring up CC and are looking at the panel with airplane mode etc. on it, it mirrors. If you swipe to the media panel and enable airplay there it airplays the media.

nimamalek

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2016
Iran
There was and is two places to enable airplay in iOS 10. If you bring up CC and are looking at the panel with airplane mode etc. on it, it mirrors. If you swipe to the media panel and enable airplay there it airplays the media.

But i thinks that just for audio, is that work with playing videos in background too?

infernoguy

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2011
Nashville, TN
When doing a quick reply in iMessage using a smart connected keyboard (Apple/Logitech) from the lock screen or from the pull down notification list, you can't use the attached keyboard.

vince085

macrumors member
Apr 26, 2016
Just downgraded from beta 2 to ios 9.3 and the apps for the messaging app are on the springboard

Also (2nd photo) remind me button, on incoming call dissapeared. (in ios 10 beta 2)

Attachments

• WhatsApp-Image-20160708.jpeg
    WhatsApp-Image-20160708.jpeg
    120.3 KB · Views: 202
  • 8c6b0da5-f7eb-40af-960f-37f4012bc64b.jpg
    8c6b0da5-f7eb-40af-960f-37f4012bc64b.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 207

groovyf

macrumors 6502
Dec 15, 2010
Halifax, UK
Thanks for this... I was about to post about missing AirPlay devices in the main CC panel... your suggestion of swiping to the Media panel and using the arrow to view AirPlay devices was spot on. Thanks!

AZhappyjack

Suspended
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
Is anyone having issues with phone calls/continuity between iPhone and Mac? I have tested, and the person calling me can hear me, but I get no audio from them..

I've tested it in multiple combinations:
iPhone w iOS 10b2 and iMac running El Capitan => No audio from the other party can be heard.
iPhone w iOS 9.3.2 and iMac running El Capitan => Works perfectly.
iPhone w iOS 10b2 and rMPB running Sierra b2 => No audio from the other party can be heard.
iPhone w iOS 9.3.2 and rMPB running Sierra b2 => Works perfectly.

and neither configuration using iOS 10b2 works and both using iOS 9.3.2 work... and in all cases, the issue is the audio from the iPhone does not come through. It does not seem to matter who originates the call.

I am pretty certain that it's related to the reported issues with BT, but have reported the issue to Apple, nonetheless.

Cancelled
Aug 14, 2010
I've posted this elsewhere, but an annoying bug I keep dealing with is super low volume for my Bluetooth headphones. I need to put it to max for it to be at a volume that is normally 50-60%. Unpairing the headphones and repairing them fixes this issue, but that's frustrating to do everytime I want to listen to music. This only happens to me with iOS10.

lolkthxbai

macrumors 65816
May 7, 2011
I've posted this elsewhere, but an annoying bug I keep dealing with is super low volume for my Bluetooth headphones. I need to put it to max for it to be at a volume that is normally 50-60%. Unpairing the headphones and repairing them fixes this issue, but that's frustrating to do everytime I want to listen to music. This only happens to me with iOS10.
Yes, I've noticed this too as well. Still happens with beta 2.

Andre Oliveira

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2014
At night without do not disturb in use, neither silent mode, the sms, facebook messenger,.. notifications doesn't produce vibration or sound. It is a bug? Only from 22h to next day. All days.

Last edited:

Jack25

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2010
Not sure if this was a bug in beta 1 as well, but all of my downloaded music is showing in my music library with a download from cloud button next to each of these songs, despite the fact I do not want these songs showing on my phone.

Anyway to turn this off?

EDIT: Just checked. I have to go into downloads to just play music I've put on my phone. So uneccessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.