Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
just got back from the Mall and i noticed that connecting to a public wifi network has awarning underneath the wifi name and if you click the "!" it provides further information about public networks. is this new?
Yeah it is new.

ohio.emt

macrumors 6502a
Jul 18, 2008
Ohio
If this was announced at WWDC I missed it but it looks like you can now stream movies from the Videos app on iOS 10 beta 2. Just tested this and it works flawlessly. Finally!
Did it actually work? If so what carrier? I tried this earlier today when I first installed it on my iPad, once I click play it stated it couldn't be streamed over cellular.

Fontvnilla

macrumors member
Oct 26, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
I think this might have been changed in beta 2. Sorry if if it's already been noticed or talked about.

In the photos app, the names for recognized faces use full names instead of just the first names.

Personally, I like the latter more as the full names make the page look a bit cluttered.

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
Both. It's probably a glitch. Some Apple playlists show it and some don't.
Just seconds ago I synced my device. One of my playlist shows "updated today".
Pretty sure some playlists miss this info for some reason.

guychicago

macrumors 6502
Jan 25, 2010
Chicago
My iPhones (iPhone 6S+ and 6+) and iPad Pro 9.7 crashes and crashes after installing iOS10

1) Apple Music: Crashes after clicking on some curated playlists.
2) Facebook crashes after three scrolls down
3) Messenger crashes after sending every other messages
4) Safari video stops playing on its own every 5 minutes
5) Youtube videos stops playing on its own after every 5 minutes
6) Lags on Whatsapp, Instagram, Facebook and most apps.

Anyone experience this too?
Items 2 through 6 work fine for me.

Anand B

macrumors member
Jul 21, 2015
United Kingdom
Hi guys, sorry if this has been mentioned previously. But is anyone experiencing an issue with the app switcher when you are in an app? When I double tap the home button to go to multitasking view, the home screen page glitches every single time

tech_apple

macrumors member
May 22, 2016
Hi guys, sorry if this has been mentioned previously. But is anyone experiencing an issue with the app switcher when you are in an app? When I double tap the home button to go to multitasking view, the home screen page glitches every single time
Yes on my 6s plus and also some weird animation.

iphonedude2008

macrumors 65816
Nov 7, 2009
Irvine, CA
Not having any issues there on my 6S plus

lagwagon

Suspended
Oct 12, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I got a weird bug where the phone started downloading random songs from my library. There were like 88 songs downloading that I haven't even listened to recently.

Settings > Music

Toggle off Automatic Downloads. (See screenshot)
[doublepost=1468016415][/doublepost]
If this was announced at WWDC I missed it but it looks like you can now stream movies from the Videos app on iOS 10 beta 2. Just tested this and it works flawlessly. Finally!

Could do that in iOS 9 as well.

Attachments

• IMG_1253.PNG
    IMG_1253.PNG
    123 KB · Views: 179

Cakefish

macrumors 6502a
Oct 14, 2015
Volume slider indicator that would usually appear when volume buttons are pressed in iOS 9 is completely missing on iPad Air 2.

lagwagon

Suspended
Oct 12, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Do you also have an issue when you slide down from notification centre in an app you get haptic feedback?

That's intended. Stop at the first feedback(I think?), wait a second and release. It gives you spotlight with the Siri suggested apps. Supposed to be an easier way to get spotlight from within an app, but I don't see how it's any quicker than just pulling down NC that also includes Spotlight.

Reactions: Shirasaki

Anand B

macrumors member
Jul 21, 2015
United Kingdom
That's intended. Stop at the first feedback(I think?), wait a second and release. It gives you spotlight with the Siri suggested apps. Supposed to be an easier way to get spotlight from within an app, but I don't see how it's any quicker than just pulling down NC that also includes Spotlight.
oh right that makes sense now! Strange that it's two different ways to do a similar thing though

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2008
Settings > Music

Toggle off Automatic Downloads. (See screenshot)
[doublepost=1468016415][/doublepost]

Could do that in iOS 9 as well.

Not over cellular. This is new.
[doublepost=1468021330][/doublepost]
Did it actually work? If so what carrier? I tried this earlier today when I first installed it on my iPad, once I click play it stated it couldn't be streamed over cellular.
I'm on ATT. Worked just fine in beta 2 but not in beta 1.

TwistedMarbles

macrumors newbie
Aug 13, 2015
MS Coast
Apple Music artist photo glitch

This started for me on beta 1 and continues with beta 2 but I haven't seen it mentioned by others yet. As you can see in pic some artists that don't have Apple supplied pictures would previously just show an album cover instead. Now it's just showing the blank microphone icon. Anyone else??

IMG_0048.PNG

Reactions: jgelin and pmostoff
Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.