Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lagwagon

Suspended
Oct 12, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Apple Music artist photo glitch

This started for me on beta 1 and continues with beta 2 but I haven't seen it mentioned by others yet. As you can see in pic some artists that don't have Apple supplied pictures would previously just show an album cover instead. Now it's just showing the blank microphone icon. Anyone else??

View attachment 639559

Not a glitch. It (so far) seems that's the direction they are going with it in the redesign. It's possible they bring back it showing some album art instead like previously and they just haven't gotten to that yet (still early beta)

Send feedback. I already have on the same thing about bringing back album art for artists that don't have a supplied photo. It's not a glitch though.

Luftkopf

macrumors newbie
Jul 8, 2016
Has anyone tried tethering something to their phone? When I turn on Personal Hotspot, my phone shows up as an available WiFi network, but nothing can connect to it. This wasn't occuring before I upgraded to iOS 10.

roncito

macrumors 6502a
Apr 21, 2015
Poconos PA
Anyone have an august smartlock with HomeKit have an issue using the Apple Home app? It says it's not compatible but using another app called Home which brings together all my HomeKit devices and I can use that just fine with it.

Freakonomics101

macrumors 68030
Nov 6, 2014
I know this was mentioned before but I can't find where it was at. Anyone having trouble with the iPhone asking for the Apple ID password over and over and over again?

lagwagon

Suspended
Oct 12, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I know this was mentioned before but I can't find where it was at. Anyone having trouble with the iPhone asking for the Apple ID password over and over and over again?

Happened a lot for some people even in iOS 9.0 to 9.2 releases.

Not sure the cause. Dismissing it or entering your password doesn't seem to do anything and eventually goes away.

iphonedude2008

macrumors 65816
Nov 7, 2009
Irvine, CA
Apple Music artist photo glitch

This started for me on beta 1 and continues with beta 2 but I haven't seen it mentioned by others yet. As you can see in pic some artists that don't have Apple supplied pictures would previously just show an album cover instead. Now it's just showing the blank microphone icon. Anyone else??

View attachment 639559
Yep Apple music has its fair share of glitches for me too. Big redesigns break a lot of things, so hopefully its fixed soon

Freakonomics101

macrumors 68030
Nov 6, 2014
Happened a lot for some people even in iOS 9.0 to 9.2 releases.

Not sure the cause. Dismissing it or entering your password doesn't seem to do anything and eventually goes away.

Well my fiancé has entered his password several times and it keeps coming back. We've tried logging out and back in and nothing works.

cmaier

Suspended
Jul 25, 2007
California
I know. But the number of crashes is way tooo much

No it's not. It's exactly the right amount for Beta 2. Any fewer crashes would be too few.
[doublepost=1468031080][/doublepost]
just got back from the Mall and i noticed that connecting to a public wifi network has awarning underneath the wifi name and if you click the "!" it provides further information about public networks. is this new?

Was in Beta 1.

NovemberWhiskey

macrumors 68040
May 18, 2009
Anyone know the approximate schedule for updates for the public beta?

This is too unstable for me, and I am not sure if I want to spend the time downgrading if there will be one soon.

AZhappyjack

Suspended
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
Anyone know the approximate schedule for updates for the public beta?

This is too unstable for me, and I am not sure if I want to spend the time downgrading if there will be one soon.

Whenever Apple releases it. Typically (previous iOS releases) they've been on a 2-week schedule... but so far this year, the schedule seems to be greatly different.

XzavierMonroe

macrumors newbie
Oct 31, 2014
Sydney Australia
I tried the iOS 10 beta & i couldn't handle it,too buggy & yes i know its beta1 but my 9.3.2 is buggy so i aint winning either way.
I think i'll wait until the iPhone 7/Pro is released so it can handle the "Power" that iOS has.

Apple just needs to stop with making older gen iPhones Laggy with each iOS update Because people will upgrade to the newest iPhone anyway but for those who want to stay on the $1600 iPhone that paid for 6-12 a month before they should have a great phone with without the Lag

Reactions: clunkmess

Feenician

macrumors 603
Jun 13, 2016
Thanks for the test, do you have infuse app?

No, I haven't come across that app. I tried a standard HTML 5 video in Safari and the apple video app and both backgrounded correctly. My expectation is that apps that implemented airplay before will airplay now and those that didn't (*cough* YouTube) will not

nimamalek

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2016
Iran
Guys i just installed public profile to update to ios 10 beta 2 but it shows me beta 1 to download in settings!
Does beta 2 appears after downloading beta 1?

SMIDG3T

Suspended
Apr 29, 2012
England
That's intended. Stop at the first feedback(I think?), wait a second and release. It gives you spotlight with the Siri suggested apps. Supposed to be an easier way to get spotlight from within an app, but I don't see how it's any quicker than just pulling down NC that also includes Spotlight.

The only advantage I see is that when you only enable Spotlight Search, you get Siri Suggestions whereas if you pull down all the way, you obviously don't see that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.