Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cmaier

Suspended
Jul 25, 2007
California
It's connecting to the car Bluetooth. 2013 Mercedes. It worked fine up until today.
It's never worked for me, even though it connects to my car's Bluetooth. It's a beta, though...
[doublepost=1468124033][/doublepost]
For the people who don't have the voicemail transcript yet, mine didn't show up until I recieved a voicemail today, and the transcript for me works for voicemails from even before the beta. So for those on whos phone it isnt showing up yet, maybe give it a couple more days!

Mine is more or less working. But today I got a voicemail from Apple and it says "transcription unavailable."

Irony.

dany20mh

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2015
Gaithersburg
You don't do that in Maps, you do this in Settings>Bluetooth
In the bluetooth, there is no option that you can specify that device is your car, so it configure it when you connect to it, think that is your car.

Because if you look into the map setting, the new option for parking, it says it need to connect to your car bluetooth, but how that will find out that bluetooth is your car bluetooth or it's not.

coolsean20

macrumors regular
Apr 23, 2014
Is anyone else getting random pauses when watching videos or listening to music? It's driving me nuts. Also when typing on the forums, if you tap backspace, it will drop you all the way down to the bottom of the page. Anyone else?
[doublepost=1468129799][/doublepost]Are there any problems anyone has experienced downgrading back to iOS 9?

Reactions: RTG4869

iphonedude2008

macrumors 65816
Nov 7, 2009
Irvine, CA
Is anyone else getting random pauses when watching videos or listening to music? It's driving me nuts. Also when typing on the forums, if you tap backspace, it will drop you all the way down to the bottom of the page. Anyone else?
[doublepost=1468129799][/doublepost]Are there any problems anyone has experienced downgrading back to iOS 9?
I posted how to avoid the backspace thing. You just press the tool icon in the top right of the reply window. Hopefully it'll be fixed in the next beta. And some people have experienced problems downgrading where they lost all their messages

Radon87000

macrumors 604
Nov 29, 2013
How did I ever know you would post that video and then take it out of context. You DO understand it's early beta right? Do you even know about the unencrypted kernel that can allow Apple to increase performance more than ever? Which hasn't even gone through performance optimization yet because it's still early and that's not done until the final couple builds.

Of course not. You just hear the word "lag" and go "OMG!! Seeeeeee!!!!!! 8.4.1 too gud!"
Wasn't Metal supposed to improve performance?

groovyf

macrumors 6502
Dec 15, 2010
Halifax, UK
The load images option in email that used to be at the bottom of a mail (which now appears at the top) only appears if you move between emails using the up/down arrows.

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
The load images option in email that used to be at the bottom of a mail (which now appears at the top) only appears if you move between emails using the up/down arrows.
Mine shows up as soon as some images are not loaded in mail. I don't need move between emails.

Natya Sadella

Suspended
Jun 20, 2016
Anyone noticed what happens if you landscape the music app? It looks like if youre starting a video

Sadly they didnt fix the peek and pop bug. Peek works fine (safari link for example) but i have to SO ****ING HARD press to get it to 'pop'. I am serious this will break my screen so hard I have to press :(

Radon87000

macrumors 604
Nov 29, 2013
I do admit though that battery life on iOS 10 has significantly improved.I used to charge my iPhone6 nearly 4 times a day.Now I only do it 2 times.

macrumors 65816
May 23, 2016
Middle East
It's never worked for me, even though it connects to my car's Bluetooth. It's a beta, though...

It's started working again for me today.

Odd as it worked perfect under beta 1 and worked all week on 2 until yesterday. Then stopped yesterday and started again today.

866b9f834fc26ecfada8d36d7ca7993c.png

Iceage

macrumors 6502
Apr 17, 2010
Anyone noticed what happens if you landscape the music app? It looks like if youre starting a video

Sadly they didnt fix the peek and pop bug. Peek works fine (safari link for example) but i have to SO ****ING HARD press to get it to 'pop'. I am serious this will break my screen so hard I have to press :(

You can always try to adjust the sensitivity in general/accessibility/3D touch to see if it makes a difference.

Last edited:

tom504

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2009
It's connecting to the car Bluetooth. 2013 Mercedes. It worked fine up until today.

2015 Infiniti, worked fine even after beta 2 upgrade but now does not work. When phone is connected to car's bluetooth I get no audio. If I disabled bluetooth on phone audio starts working.

Iceage

macrumors 6502
Apr 17, 2010
Everything working better today. Battery, notifications center, ... however, Apple Music is still ugly.

gwhizkids

macrumors G5
Jun 21, 2013
In CarPlay, I am finding that I have to keep holding the "talk" button through the whole Siri process or Siri disconnects. Previously, you could release the talk button once Siri beeped in. 2016 Chevy Suburban.

Steve28

macrumors regular
Jun 14, 2011
2015 Infiniti, worked fine even after beta 2 upgrade but now does not work. When phone is connected to car's bluetooth I get no audio. If I disabled bluetooth on phone audio starts working.

I've noticed that the audio volume on bluetooth gets really low sometimes and it can seem as though there's no audio. rebooting the phone seems to fix it temporarily until the next connection.

tom504

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2009
I've noticed that the audio volume on bluetooth gets really low sometimes and it can seem as though there's no audio. rebooting the phone seems to fix it temporarily until the next connection.

The phone is actually killing the audio in the car when connected, XM Radio, FM, Ipod etc. The second I disable bluetooth on the phone the radio/XM starts playing normally again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.