Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smith288

macrumors 65816
Feb 26, 2008
Rest finger to unlock appears to make the home button unlock work as before. Which would wake the device and unlock it to the home screen.

MartinAppleGuy

macrumors 68020
Sep 27, 2013
I'll avoid saying the word, but it definitely is running a lot smoother. Having said that, my beta 1 was perfect for a week and THEN turned to shh, so we'll see if it lasts lol.
I feel the same, beta 1 just had loads of lag and weird bugs on my air 2 , now we are back up to speed. Might even be faster than iOS 9.

Feenician

macrumors 603
Jun 13, 2016
It appears but you still have to press the Home button? Bit confused by this change.

By default it is as it was in beta 1 (place to unlock, press to go to home if you've already interacted with the home screen or waited a few seconds) but there's a new setting. Either I'm failing at finding it though or it's only some devices (3D touch?)

Edit: for clarity, not finding it on SE or iPP

DennischhNL

macrumors newbie
Aug 19, 2015
By default it is as it was in beta 1 (place to unlock, press to go to home if you've already interacted with the home screen or waited a few seconds) but there's a new setting. Either I'm failing at finding it though or it's only some devices (3D touch?)

Edit: for clarity, not finding it on SE or iPP
It's in General -> Accessibility -> Home Button

jsmith189

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2014
Perhaps I'm just not understanding, but what's the purpose of the new lock system? The way it seems to work now, is it's "locked" until I Touch ID, then it unlocks but I still have to press to get to the home screen? So I can operate the locked screen as both locked and unlocked but neither seems to be in any different state? Except maybe access to your gallery.

stoopkidblues

macrumors 6502
Mar 21, 2014
I'll avoid saying the word, but it definitely is running a lot smoother. Having said that, my beta 1 was perfect for a week and THEN turned to shh, so we'll see if it lasts lol.

Lol same. It's like the longer I used it the crappier it got

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.