Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JaJaWa

macrumors 6502
Feb 16, 2013
Hong Kong | London
Initial things I've noticed:

Home screen now shows English date with Chinese date underneath if Chinese calendar enabled
(Chinese date used to be visible in Notification Center on iOS 9 but was removed in iOS 10)
7EKSyyI.png

Music playing app in Control Centre just says the name eg: "Spotify" (in Beta 1 said "Spotify: tap to open")
Background to folders now blurred on iPad Air rather than just tinted
New option in Display & Brightness: "Automatically lock and unlock your iPad when you close and open the iPad cover"
Filter option in the Unread mailbox now filters Flagged instead of making the mailbox show nothing

Last edited:

Bro KV

macrumors regular
Apr 10, 2011
Weather widget won't show current location data. Only first added location on list is displayed

adrianlondon

macrumors 603
Nov 28, 2013
Switzerland
If the phone is locked (screen off) clicking the home button just unlocks the phone and leaves it on the lock screen. I have to click the home button again to get to the home screen - so press once to unlock and again to get the homescreen. However, if the screen is on (raise to wake or pressing the power button) then it's just one click to unlock and go to home. Also, in this state (phone locked, screen on) touching the home button unlocks it (it does nothing if the screen is off).

The new toggle switch doesn't seem to alter the behaviour above at all. Am I missing something?

TurboPGT!

Suspended
Sep 25, 2015
If the phone is locked (screen off) clicking the home button just unlocks the phone and leaves it on the lock screen. I have to click the home button again to get to the home screen - so press once to unlock and again to get the homescreen. However, if the screen is on (raise to wake or pressing the power button) then it's just one click to unlock and go to home. Also, if the screen is on touching the home button unlocks (it does nothing if the screen is off).

The new toggle switch doesn't seem to alter the behaviour above at all. Am I missing something?

This is absolutely not how it is working on my device.

Reactions: jhfenton

BaggieBoy

macrumors 6502a
May 29, 2012
UK
Beta 2 showed up on my iPad Pro and installed just fine. However nothing showed up for my iPhone 6 Plus. So I removed the iOS Beta Profile and went to the Developer site to download a fresh one. Logged on and navigate to the correct place but when I click on "Download" I get the blue bar for a second or two but nothing else happens, profile doesn't get installed. Mystified...

Bbqthis

macrumors 6502a
Apr 12, 2015
Bay Area, CA
Pretty sure Music font size isn't actually smaller. More likely people are using a smaller system Text Size and it wasn't affecting Music in b1 but is in b2.

Reactions: Danny182

Feenician

macrumors 603
Jun 13, 2016
Its working correctly, as intended on my device.

Probability is high of user error everywhere else.

Yep, I see. I didn't check the context of who you replied to. The setting works as described and intended, as you say.

Gix1k

macrumors 68040
Jun 16, 2008
  • Raise to wake, press with unregistered finger, rest with registered finger it goes to home screen, regardless of the setting change.
  • Raise to wake, press with registered finger, goes to home screen.
  • Raise to wake, rest with registered finger, press with any unregistered finger, goes to home screen.

Danny182

macrumors member
Oct 18, 2015
Can anyone try to connect their action cam to the iPhone by wifi!
Does it work ?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.