Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ItsGavinC

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2007
Perhaps I'm just not understanding, but what's the purpose of the new lock system? The way it seems to work now, is it's "locked" until I Touch ID, then it unlocks but I still have to press to get to the home screen? So I can operate the locked screen as both locked and unlocked but neither seems to be in any different state? Except maybe access to your gallery.

There are certain widgets that require an unlocked phone to fully work. For example, Find My Friends. It has to be unlocked to see the actual location. So if one swipes left to view widgets and wants to see locked info, then unlocking the phone is needed but the user doesn't want to go to the home a screen, they want to stay on the widget screen.

Reactions: jsmith189

anon.guy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 9, 2016
The music app still has large font, the bounce effect is gone from CC, swiping to the right for widgets has this weird stutter, when pressing the sleep button, that zoom in effect for the wallpaper and the notification is not finished, it kinda suddenly stops and folders still stutter when opening. And this is 6s.

Sharkey311

Suspended
Jan 11, 2013
You still can't access the full list of the album on the "Now Playing" screen when you tap on the elipses. Frustrating.

Justjay27

macrumors 6502
Feb 3, 2012
The music app still has large font, the bounce effect is gone from CC, swiping to the right for widgets has this weird stutter, when pressing the sleep button, that zoom in effect for the wallpaper and the notification is not finished, it kinda suddenly stops and folders still stutter when opening. And this is 6s.

the font in the music app is based off of your system font, if you make that smaller the music app font will be smaller

Reactions: Danny182

BaggieBoy

macrumors 6502a
May 29, 2012
UK
Beta 2 showed up on my iPad Pro and installed just fine. However nothing showed up for my iPhone 6 Plus. So I removed the iOS Beta Profile and went to the Developer site to download a fresh one. Logged on and navigate to the correct place but when I click on "Download" I get the blue bar for a second or two but nothing else happens, profile doesn't get installed. Mystified...
Strange, went away tried a couple of other things and now the profile installs OK. OTA update downloading now.

chrissuth

macrumors member
Jun 11, 2015
so many people asking the same questions, does nobody read previous post? most of the time the question has been answered.

Chacocliff

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2014
Does downloading music in the music app work quickly like it used to, or does it still spin and take several minutes?

Sharkey311

Suspended
Jan 11, 2013
Because beta one it would unlock and present the lock screen but not take you home. This takes you home.
When I raise my iphone and it wakes up automatically (the new feature) I rest my finger on the Touch ID and it just changes to "Unlocked" at the top and it doesn't take me to the home screen.

Sbishop84

macrumors regular
Apr 19, 2015
Is anyone else having trouble installing on a iPad Pro 9.7". I've already got the beta 1 installed and all I keep getting is update failed. I've restarted and and reinstalled the profile and it still fails.

Feenician

macrumors 603
Jun 13, 2016
Is anyone else having trouble installing on a iPad Pro 9.7". I've already got the beta 1 installed and all I keep getting is update failed. I've restarted and and reinstalled the profile and it still fails.

First device I updated and it worked fine. I think the servers are getting hammered though so you will have to be patient.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.