Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pmostoff

macrumors member
Jul 21, 2015
If I'm not mistaken, the font in the Music app was always an issue with the system font size. The release notes from Beta 1 said as much and listed the Music font not changing along with system font as a bug. That is now fixed and if you lower the system font size the fonts in Music will be a bit smaller as well.

Smith288

macrumors 65816
Feb 26, 2008
When I raise my iphone and it wakes up automatically (the new feature) I rest my finger on the Touch ID and it just changes to "Unlocked" at the top and it doesn't take me to the home screen.
Correct. Mine does that too. It's when the screen is off and I thumb press the home also resting my thumb on the touch id, it goes to the home screen with this option for me.

dcardoso

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2015
When returning to an app like Safari using the arrow key in the status bar and trying to scroll in Safari now iOS registers the scroll and updates the screen as a result of your interaction as soon as possible. Seems like Apple is working on improving the fact that animations prevent user input while they're running.

PBP

macrumors 6502
May 13, 2011
Yay!
In know it's pretty soon but ... how's the performance on iPhone 6?
I have editted my post. It doesnt work after all. I got a notification from icloud password login the moment i raised my phone :(

Sharkey311

Suspended
Jan 11, 2013
Whether the Rest Finger is enabled or not, if you are looking at the lock screen and rest your finger, it still just says "unlocked" at the top and doesn't take you to the home screen. If you click the button and keep resting your finger on the button it goes to the home screen regardless.

Reactions: VSMacOne

Feenician

macrumors 603
Jun 13, 2016
Not for me. Mine took me to an unlocked notification screen with my notifications. This skips that and goes to home screen.
It always did that in b1 if that's all you did. If you waited a few seconds or went to play with the notifications or widgets you had to press to unlock. As far as I can tell you still do, even with that new setting in place

ajiuo

macrumors 65816
Apr 9, 2011
In all the write-ups I have seen this only shows a placeholder screen until beta 2. And I experienced the same.

I messed around with triggers a lot in beta 1. Even created one to turn off all my lights when I leave my house. It is still limited though. You are not allowed to add conditions like you can in the 3erd party Home app... but it will display conditions set up in that app and display a toggle for them to be disabled.

pmostoff

macrumors member
Jul 21, 2015
The maps that would show up for workouts in the Activity app are now expandable. In beta 1 the small thumbnail would darken when pressed but nothing would happen.

Reactions: swinneyn

Smith288

macrumors 65816
Feb 26, 2008
It always did that in b1 if that's all you did. If you waited a few seconds or went to play with the notifications or widgets you had to press to unlock. As far as I can tell you still do, even with that new setting in place

This is not my experience in b1.

Before. I would press the home, the screen would turn on and the notification screen would show. I could keep my finger there and it would unlock letting me interact with the lock screen and widgets. Then if I want to go to the home screen, I would need to click the home button again.

This option lets me press the home button and it will wake, unlock and go to the home screen.... It did this in iOS 9. Seems like a "make it work like it did" option to me.

Reactions: Feenician
Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.