Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Ansath

Cancelled
Jun 9, 2018
It's been a couple of days for me. Replacing the profile does not fix it.

It won’t. It’s a bug either with the build, or could be server side issue causing it, for when it checks if the current version is still valid.

gtmead09

macrumors 6502a
Sep 22, 2016
This just started today. Using an Iphone SE 2020 here.

Hope that they will issue a fix tonight!

Sure a fix will be coming but anticipating a fix tonight is probably not likely. Tomorrow is more realistic.

earthdog

macrumors 6502
Sep 25, 2014
Anyone seeing this message? Started yesterday

Attachments

• A86ACC4C-1DB2-4F0E-9A12-FE5651209356.png
    A86ACC4C-1DB2-4F0E-9A12-FE5651209356.png
    1,004 KB · Views: 176
  • Haha
Reactions: dk001

SD15

macrumors newbie
Jul 7, 2014
Will their occur any problems when I downgrade to 14.1 via Itunes - "Update"?

gwhizkids

macrumors G5
Jun 21, 2013
Yes, not worth it,

The prompt is annoying yes, but at least its just a prompt.

What issues will they have? If they have an archived backup from 14.1, I don’t foresee any issues, other than just the annoyance of having to do it.

Reactions: Ansath

SD15

macrumors newbie
Jul 7, 2014
What issues will they have? If they have an archived backup from 14.1, I don’t foresee any issues, other than just the annoyance of having to do it.
You will not face any problems when you restore your phone and use a 14.1 backup.
My question was if I will face a problem when updating with Itunes to 14.1 from 14.2 b4.

I could assume that it can cause some software problems.

gwhizkids

macrumors G5
Jun 21, 2013
You will not face any problems when you restore your phone and use a 14.1 backup.
My question was if I will face a problem when updating with Itunes to 14.1 from 14.2 b4.

I could assume that it can cause some software problems.

Why would it? That’s the typically prescribed course of action if you are on a beta and are having issues and need to revert to the released version of iOS.

gwhizkids

macrumors G5
Jun 21, 2013
Why would it? That’s the typically prescribed course of action if you are on a beta and are having issues and need to revert to the released version of iOS.

The “Update iOS” dialog is now popping up anytime I unlock my phone. Annoying but manageable. But hope we get a patch beta (I know they’re not called that, so don’t @ me) to resolve this.

Reactions: Ansath

Ansath

Cancelled
Jun 9, 2018
At least the last few pages of the thread are discussing this.

Aye, plus a front page story, and there is an individual thread in the iOS 14 forum on the go too.

Submitted feedback on the app with a screenshot. Hope it’s a server side issue with a quick resolution.

I think it is server side this time, due to the nature of it happening. If it was due to the build, everyone would have had it daily until the increase last night, but it was barely half the people reporting having the issue, compared to the ones saying they didn't have it.

Not a server issue. Same issue as in iOS 12 beta. Need Apple to push out an ‘emergency update‘ fix

Your first part of the statement is an assumption that the issue this time has the same cause. An issue can have more than 1 cause. This time, it could be the same, or it could be a server side issue, where the Update server has told our devices that there is a new version and that the build we are using soon to no longer be valid.

So, if it's the latter, then it can be fixed Apple's end, with no fix needed for us. We just have to wait and see.

Ansath

Cancelled
Jun 9, 2018
How easy is it to revert and is there any data loss?

Data loss - can be, you won't be able to restore from a 14.2 beta backup.

Apple gives a guide to downgrading here (scroll do the section titled 'Remove the developer beta by restoring your device):

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.