Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

TheSkywalker77

macrumors 68030
Sep 9, 2017
Yes same thing for me, happen at exact same time also
[automerge]1603427127[/automerge]

Me two at exact same time, wonder why it’s doing that
I’m pretty sure there was a bug similar to that back in (I think iOS 12) so hopefully it’s not happening again.

Geek95

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2016
Albany, NY
I was just able to find the beta OTA catalog URL my iPhone 11 Pro is using and the iPhone 12 Pro does have the iOS 14.2 Beta 4 OTA listed in it.

EDIT: Looks like you can just add /com_apple_MobileAsset_SoftwareUpdate/com_apple_MobileAsset_SoftwareUpdate.xml to the end of the URL in your beta profile (open the .mobileconfig in TextEdit or Notepad)

mariusignorello

Suspended
Jun 9, 2013
I’ll be curious to see if 14.2 is the promised update that fixes dual SIM operation over 5G. This is most likely the last major update of the year, but they could do a separate small point release to fix it. Won’t know until tomorrow...

MacGralich

macrumors newbie
Jan 27, 2016
Reminders widget now shows more than one reminder at a time ??

Forgive me if I stay off-topic, but I have the Fantastical widget too on my iPad (iPadOS 14.0.1 though) and I don’t have the orange and yellow-colored days. How do you get it? I don’t have a premium Fantastical account.

Thanks a lot

Jumpie

macrumors 68020
Jul 7, 2008
Atlanta
New update modal

I just saw this for the first time but when I check Updates, there are none. Ideas?

Attachments

• C8CE7A48-AC3D-469D-91FE-01725B575CC9.jpeg
    C8CE7A48-AC3D-469D-91FE-01725B575CC9.jpeg
    118.7 KB · Views: 267

Ansath

Cancelled
Jun 9, 2018
New update modal

I just saw this for the first time but when I check Updates, there are none. Ideas?

That issue has been posted a couple times over the last couple days, in this thread. It’s a bug, no new one.

gwhizkids

macrumors G5
Jun 21, 2013
Yea I just saw that. Was gonna delete this but oh well.

It probably is related to the release of 14.2 beta 4 for the new iPhones (reminding people its there) and someone miscoded it for other devices. I’ve gotten it on both my 11Pro and my iPad Pro 11”, the first last night and the other just a few minutes ago.

Reactions: Ansath

Xoterin

macrumors 6502
Nov 2, 2017
via iPhone 8 Plus
It probably is related to the release of 14.2 beta 4 for the new iPhones (reminding people its there) and someone miscoded it for other devices. I’ve gotten it on both my 11Pro and my iPad Pro 11”, the first last night and the other just a few minutes ago.

Showed up for me last night. Assumed it may be related to the beta release for the iPhone 12.

Last edited:

jarman92

macrumors 68000
Nov 13, 2014
Forgive me if I stay off-topic, but I have the Fantastical widget too on my iPad (iPadOS 14.0.1 though) and I don’t have the orange and yellow-colored days. How do you get it? I don’t have a premium Fantastical account.

Thanks a lot

Long press the widget, tap Edit “Fantastical”, then turn on Show Heatmap.
I don’t subscribe to Premium but I was grandfathered in because I bought the app years ago...not sure if that makes a difference though.

Reactions: gwhizkids

iAdamator

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2013
South San Francisco, CA
I was just able to find the beta OTA catalog URL my iPhone 11 Pro is using and the iPhone 12 Pro does have the iOS 14.2 Beta 4 OTA listed in it.

EDIT: Looks like you can just add /com_apple_MobileAsset_SoftwareUpdate/com_apple_MobileAsset_SoftwareUpdate.xml to the end of the URL in your beta profile (open the .mobileconfig in TextEdit or Notepad)

Just so I am clear this needs to be done so you can download 14.2 Beta on an iPhone 12/Pro?
My current 11 Pro is on 14.2 so I’m gonna need my new phone on the same so my backup will work of course.

what happens if I try to put the 14.2 profile on my new phone and it’s not supported? Does it just stop me immediately?

Geek95

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2016
Albany, NY
Just so I am clear this needs to be done so you can download 14.2 Beta on an iPhone 12/Pro?
My current 11 Pro is on 14.2 so I’m gonna need my new phone on the same so my backup will work of course.

what happens if I try to put the 14.2 profile on my new phone and it’s not supported? Does it just stop me immediately?
What I ended up doing was downloading the profile on my Mac, activating my new iPhone 12 Pro, then installing the profile using Apple Configurator. When restoring from an iCloud Backup during Setup Assistant it started updating to iOS 14.2 Public Beta 4.

pinkoos

macrumors 6502a
May 15, 2005
Texas
Anyone else noticing visual voicemail not showing the last couple betas? I am on AT&T, but have not received any voicemail on beta 3 or 4, but can call in a listen to messages.

Yes, same for me - on ATT and no indication of a VM

I get a missed call indicator, but no way to know if a voicemail was left

AeroZ

macrumors 6502a
Aug 7, 2013
Estonia
No worries. Can’t be bothered with it at the now...too much like hard work. Thanks for the suggies anyway

Edit: final word, I’ve just started to play “my” station and it’s now populating the aforementioned, but not suggestions, only stuff I’ve already played. Oh well.

Maybe you got listening history turned off?

ShawnyRHarvey

macrumors regular
Dec 6, 2018
Hamilton, ON
Also got the “new beta” glitch on my iPhone 12 Pro this morning after installing the profile.
[automerge]1603467969[/automerge]
I figured as much and I don’t mind. I just want to Make sure that the iPhone 12 is now supported with the 14.2 beta. Is it?

Running 14.2 Beta 4 on my iPhone 12 Pro as we speak ?

MacGralich

macrumors newbie
Jan 27, 2016
Long press the widget, tap Edit “Fantastical”, then turn on Show Heatmap.
I don’t subscribe to Premium but I was grandfathered in because I bought the app years ago...not sure if that makes a difference though.

Well, thank you! That did the trick!

Reactions: jarman92
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.