Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

J Ham

macrumors member
Mar 23, 2020
I’m not getting imessage notifications or the banner showing up, ist started with beta 4, sometimes it works sometimes i have open imessage to see that there is a new message, someone elese with this problem? iPhone 11 Pro
I’m having this exact same issue. On both my 11 pro and 12 pro. Have you found any fixes?

Reactions: dk001

en0x

macrumors member
Dec 22, 2008
Airpods auto-switching is horrible. It switches between iOS and macOS randomly, so, if I want to use my AirPods, I have to disable the Bluetooth either on the Mac or on the iPhone. It's disastrous.
I don't think you need to disable BT one the device, you can always go to BT and set to connect to last device in BT settings for AirPods

Reactions: dk001

Ansath

Cancelled
Jun 9, 2018
Airpods auto-switching is horrible. It switches between iOS and macOS randomly, so, if I want to use my AirPods, I have to disable the Bluetooth either on the Mac or on the iPhone. It's disastrous.

My Mac pops up with a notification when I have my airpods in asking if I want to switch them over. It’s behaved perfectly for me so far, without disabling BT.

zaneliu

macrumors 6502
Jan 27, 2013
Berkeley
I updated my iPhone 12 pro to 14.2 b4 just fine OTA. As mentioned in previous posts, do this first by setting up your 12 as a new phone, install beta profile, update, reset phone erasing all content and settings, and then set the new phone up from your 11 pro backup. Not exactly the funnest thing to do when you first power on your new toy, but it’s not so bad.

This was for an iPhone 12 Pro though, not 100% sure about an OTA for iPhone 12.
Is the profile the same as the one for the iPhone 11? I'm not seeing one for iPhone 12 on the developer portal?

NNowak19

macrumors member
Jul 29, 2013
Who else sees the bug when going into a message thread to txt someone and the keyboard/app tray flash and glitch out?! Sooo annoying. Bad look.

Reactions: gank41 and dk001

macintoshmac

Suspended
May 13, 2010
Who else sees the bug when going into a message thread to txt someone and the keyboard/app tray flash and glitch out?! Sooo annoying. Bad look.

Which device? I do not think I have encountered this.

On another note, I want to note some differences between iOS 14.1 on iPhone 7 and 14.2 on iPhone 8. On iPhone 7, I see that all apps are loading from the right-hand side, even if there is no app in the app switcher. This behaviour never existed on the 8 in any beta so far.

thedru13

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2014
I am not getting voicemails. I have to reboot my phone to see them. Not sure if that is a carrier issue or beta issue. Have not had this issue before.

brian540

macrumors member
Jun 21, 2010
Anyone know if this beta / update enables 5g for dual sim? I see the modem firmware updated on the first page?

NNowak19

macrumors member
Jul 29, 2013
Which device? I do not think I have encountered this.

On another note, I want to note some differences between iOS 14.1 on iPhone 7 and 14.2 on iPhone 8. On iPhone 7, I see that all apps are loading from the right-hand side, even if there is no app in the app switcher. This behaviour never existed on the 8 in any beta so far.
iPhone 12 Pro. I was also seeing this happen a lot on my 11 Pro Max. Sees to be happening more for me on the 12 and on Beta 4. Thx for the response!

drak22

macrumors 6502a
Oct 13, 2020
From what I read in the post, ios 14.2 does not seem to be a very stable version with good battery life ...

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
Sage, Lightning, and Mountains
AD1FF946-DCA9-437B-A6C9-234BC3961B95.jpeg

The onscreen keyboard appears then vanishes.
Even happens on my IPP 11 with the Magic Keyboardv attached.

pita

Reactions: gank41 and NNowak19

sorrybadpassword

macrumors newbie
Jun 11, 2019
Back Tap shortcuts seem to be broken. I set a double back tap to launch the camera via Shortcuts. Now it just displays a notification with the stop icon.

IMG_8212.PNG

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
Sage, Lightning, and Mountains
Travelling this week. One item of note: both my 11 ProMax and IPP 11 2020 are having issues staying connected to the local hotel wifi. The connection there but no data. If I kill the connection and reattach, it works just fine.

Meanwhile my laptop (Win10) is not having this issue.

BriceApp

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2018
Winston-Salem, NC
Yes, same for me - on ATT and no indication of a VM

I get a missed call indicator, but no way to know if a voicemail was left
The hard reboot seemed to fix the Visual Voicemail issue for a few days, but then it went back to not showing new messages. I put in a bug report for it, hopefully it get a fixed in the next beta.

H3LL5P4WN

macrumors 68040
Jun 19, 2010
Pittsburgh PA
I get a nightly prompt to upgrade to iOS 14, and I rarely get notifications when my girlfriend texts me; it’s only when I open iMessage and go to our conversation that I then realize she’s sent me something.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.