Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

BriceApp

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2018
Winston-Salem, NC
Yes, same for me - on ATT and no indication of a VM

I get a missed call indicator, but no way to know if a voicemail was left
I did a hard reboot like someone else suggested and will see if it fixes the issue. I have just been randomly calling my number and checking the old fashion way. I have also reported to Apple in case it is a larger issue.

Reactions: dk001

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
Sage, Lightning, and Mountains
Fun times using my AirPods Pro.
Auto Switching between my IPP and PM, lets just say it doesn’t work.

Issues so far on b4:
Listening to YT Music on IPP, swiping through Pinterest or Twitter on PM and you run into an autoplay video - BAM you are connected to the PM. You kill PM and IPP says APP connected to to iPad. But they aren’t. They are kind of in limbo and won’t play. If I kill the app on the PM and give it a few seconds it will pick up.

They can’t seem to decide just what they should be playing on. but they seem to have a predilection for ad video.

Worked better on b3.
Reported.

gwhizkids

macrumors G5
Jun 21, 2013
Just so I am clear this needs to be done so you can download 14.2 Beta on an iPhone 12/Pro?
My current 11 Pro is on 14.2 so I’m gonna need my new phone on the same so my backup will work of course.

what happens if I try to put the 14.2 profile on my new phone and it’s not supported? Does it just stop me immediately?

Do NOT do this if you don’t know what is being done. Just be patient and wait for the official version. Archive your current backup 14.2 backup so you’ll be able to pick up where you left off (if not archived and you get an iPhone 12 on 14.1, the 14.1 backup will overwrite your 14.2 backup unless you archive it first)

Not sure if 14.2 beta 4 is available OTA for iPhone 12. It is not available on the Apple Developer site.

Last edited:

AeroZ

macrumors 6502a
Aug 7, 2013
Estonia
Not sure of this is a new bug but I’m unable to open/use any widget on the widgets page without going to home screen first. Before I just turned the screen on, made sure that the padlock opened, swiped to widgets page and ran a shortcut for example.
And editing the widgets page is pretty buggy. When editing/adding widgets they turn invisible for example.

Last edited:

five40josh

macrumors regular
Sep 6, 2014
Seattle
Do NOT do this if you don’t know what is being done. Just be patient and wait for the official version. Archive your current backup 14.2 backup so you’ll be able to pick up where you left off (if not archived and you get an iPhone 12 on 14.1, the 14.1 backup will overwrite your 14.2 backup unless you archive it first)

Not sure if 14.2 beta 4 is available OTA for iPhone 12. It is not available on the Apple Developer site.
I updated my iPhone 12 pro to 14.2 b4 just fine OTA. As mentioned in previous posts, do this first by setting up your 12 as a new phone, install beta profile, update, reset phone erasing all content and settings, and then set the new phone up from your 11 pro backup. Not exactly the funnest thing to do when you first power on your new toy, but it’s not so bad.

This was for an iPhone 12 Pro though, not 100% sure about an OTA for iPhone 12.

iAdamator

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2013
South San Francisco, CA

The Public beta profile worked fine on my 12 Pro. I updated, reset, and then did a phone to phone transfer with no issues.

sbailey4

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2011
USA
Last edited:

gwang73

macrumors 68030
Jun 14, 2009
California
Do both devices need to be on the same version using the direct xfer? Documentation does not specifically state so.

They don't have to be the same version but the device you are transferring from can't be on a newer version than the device it's transferring to. Same with restoring backups.
So if the original device is on 14.2, it can only transfer or restore to a device on 14.2 or higher but it won't transfer to a device on an older version.
14.1 to 14.2 is ok. 14.2 to 14.1 won't work.

AeroZ

macrumors 6502a
Aug 7, 2013
Estonia
Not sure of this is a new bug but I’m unable to open/use any widget on the widgets page without going to home screen first. Before I just turned the screen on, made sure that the padlock opened, swiped to widgets page and ran a shortcut for example.
And editing the widgets page is pretty buggy. When editing/adding widgets they turn invisible for example.

Restart fixed it.

Reactions: Ntombi

sbailey4

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2011
USA
They don't have to be the same version but the device you are transferring from can't be on a newer version than the device it's transferring to. Same with restoring backups.
So if the original device is on 14.2, it can only transfer or restore to a device on 14.2 or higher but it won't transfer to a device on an older version.
14.1 to 14.2 is ok. 14.2 to 14.1 won't work.
Yeah what I meant was newer to older not same version like I wrote. I know restore of backups work that way but the direct data transfer I would think wouldn't matter since its made to transfer your data/apps to a new device. I can see times where you could get a new device and it be on an older iOS version than what you currently have so that quick start option would be great, especially for non-technical folks who don't really backup and restore etc but simply use their phones.

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
Sage, Lightning, and Mountains
11 ProMax db4

One thing I have been noticing the last few days, “simple” apps like Kindle, Proton Mail, PingID, Blink, System Status, and others are using a good bit more battery than they previously did. Example - reading a book on Kindle for about 5 hours sucked about 56% of the battery use (I was down to 10% total).

I am starting to keep a closer watch on my IPP 11 2020 to see if exhibits the same.

Reported.

gwang73

macrumors 68030
Jun 14, 2009
California
Yeah what I meant was newer to older not same version like I wrote. I know restore of backups work that way but the direct data transfer I would think wouldn't matter since its made to transfer your data/apps to a new device. I can see times where you could get a new device and it be on an older iOS version than what you currently have so that quick start option would be great, especially for non-technical folks who don't really backup and restore etc but simply use their phones.
As far as I know direct transfer works the same way and makes sense to me. It is transferring all the settings from the old phone to the new phone along with apps, app data, etc.

Reactions: sbailey4

teeshot44

macrumors 65816
Aug 8, 2015
US
Doesn't matter the method that you try to use. You can't put a newer version backup on to a phone with an older version of software. You will get a message that you need a newer version of firmware on your new phone.

GC251114

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2015
Hi. Running 14.2 public beta 4. Updated last night & since my WhatsApp & Spark notifications have stopped working. Only when I open the apps do they come through. Anyone else noticed this ?

adrianlondon

macrumors 603
Nov 28, 2013
Switzerland
Hi. Running 14.2 public beta 4. Updated last night & since my WhatsApp & Spark notifications have stopped working. Only when I open the apps do they come through. Anyone else noticed this ?
I'm having no issues with notifications from Whatsapp on 14.2 b4.

Maybe try doing the "reset notification settings" thing within Whatsapp. I had to do that regularly on iOS 13 betas :)

nortonandreev

macrumors 68030
Jan 11, 2016
Europe
Airpods auto-switching is horrible. It switches between iOS and macOS randomly, so, if I want to use my AirPods, I have to disable the Bluetooth either on the Mac or on the iPhone. It's disastrous.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.