Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

contacos

macrumors 603
Nov 11, 2020
Mexico City living in Berlin
Not seeing any overnight 🪫 drain on my iPhone & iPad. Rock solid like the mighty reds last night.

View attachment 1985393

I think it is the stupid AirTags or something. I have the same happen on my iPad. Somehow it also shows the Home App in my stats which I do not even have installed 🤷🏼‍♂️

I never do an OTA update and I stated fresh on both devices recently. Didn’t even restore from a backup.

LFC2020

macrumors P6
Apr 4, 2020
I think it is the stupid AirTags or something. I have the same happen on my iPad. Somehow it also shows the Home App in my stats which I do not even have installed ??‍♂️

I never do an OTA update and I stated fresh on both devices recently. Didn’t even restore from a backup.
I’ve got AirTags as well, don’t have the home app installed on my devices either, think it might be a good idea doing a clean install like @Taz Mangus suggested.

Fred Zed

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2019
Upstate NY . Was FL.
With the previous beta releases I did have to toggle off Safari under iCloud settings and then back on again. That fixed iCloud tabs for me, still working properly with this current release.
Cheers, Its finally working properly I think. Now iCloud tabs are working between iPhone and MBP and vicer versa. Including background image on startup page.

StumpyBloke

macrumors 603
Apr 21, 2012
England
It seems Safari features vary quite a bit between iCloud accounts. Tabs and bookmarks are working for me but Frequent Sites disappeared early in iOS 15 and haven’t been seen since on any device. I’ve had some others respond to me that Frequent Sites are working for them. Those I can do without, tabs and bookmarks are very important to me. Too bad you can’t have all the features working.

Sorry, missed read your post. I thought you meant the iCloud tabs within safari itself rather than in the iCloud settings. I did what you suggested and it’s working again for me now thank you. Nothing for frequently visited though on either device but maybe that will populate over time?

curdy

macrumors 6502
Jul 5, 2009
BC, Canada
Sorry, missed read your post. I thought you meant the iCloud tabs within safari itself rather than in the iCloud settings. I did what you suggested and it’s working again for me now thank you. Nothing for frequently visited though on either device but maybe that will populate over time?
This suggestion has seemed to fix my iCloud tabs between devices as well. Thanks!

StumpyBloke

macrumors 603
Apr 21, 2012
England
On my iPhone 13PM when viewing any normal and Shared Albums I don’t have the option to add more pictures anymore (denoted by the + symbol by the bottom picture), whereas on my iPP I do. Anyone else?

LFC2020

macrumors P6
Apr 4, 2020
Are your battery readings with NO apps running in the background, so plain iOS?

TIA!
No apps running in the background.

Always turn that feature off on all my devices, useless feature.

1648939097829.jpeg

atton

macrumors regular
Dec 16, 2016
London, UK
Do you think you could find out what version of iTunes you were using that worked? Apple has archived many old versions of iTunes here and I wouldn't mind giving an old version a try.
Hey mate, sure, the iTunes version that worked for the update is 12.12.2.2

Reactions: jetsam

Taz Mangus

macrumors 604
Mar 10, 2011
15.4.1 is running a little too smooth for my liking, nothing to complain about. ?
I just turned on Accessibility Reduced Motion. It is a really strange effect on animations. At first I thought it was broken because of the delay.

LFC2020

macrumors P6
Apr 4, 2020
The text marking issue is back for me again ?
Wow!!! Still there after restoring your phone 3 times. ?

I’ll let you know if it happens again.

I just turned on Accessibility Reduced Motion. It is a really strange effect on animations. At first I thought it was broken because of the delay.
Not sure if I like reduced motion, I’m giving it another go since you mentioned it.

See how long I last this time. ?

Reactions: adrianlondon

sorgo †

Cancelled
Feb 16, 2016
For whom it may help, I’ve found that Safari seems—ahem—snappier and seems to chew through less battery after breaking my years-long use of AdGuard Pro and switching to Wipr which apparently is better optimized and just feels much lighter. Granted blocking may not be as thorough as that to which I was accustomed but so far the trade-off seems quite worth it.

Also, while Adguard filters update seemingly many times a day, Wipr’s only get updated twice a week—meaning I am finally rid of the AdGuard icon on my home screen and the unhealthy habit of compulsively checking for filter updates.

P.S. Reduce motion/reduce transparency/increase contrast/bold text/button shapes/on-off labels FTW :)

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.