Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Taz Mangus

macrumors 604
Mar 10, 2011
Try doing back up as iCloud. Then do a clean install of iOS and turn iCloud back on. Everything should be there.
When I do a clean install, I turn on iCloud but I manually install and setup the apps again. The longest time is in the creating of the folders and re-installing the apps. As I am setting up the phone I grand check if the Safari text marking still works okay.

Fred Zed

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2019
Upstate NY . Was FL.
Glad the standby drain has been remedied.
26317311-9469-4FEB-86FB-D7F656141CDB.png

dobrewski_77

macrumors member
Sep 10, 2015
Plovdiv,Bulgaria
Is it only me or the 15.4.1 is even worse in terms of battery life? My 13 Pro is draining MEGA, since upgrading. The update before 15.4 was ideal for my device, but since then the battery life and the standby are super weak.

I'm using my phone about 2-3h a day with WiFi on through 90% of the day. My signal is weak and I decided to switch back to 4G, cuz the 5G in my area is meh.

So, If I erase my phone, did you guys think it will improve the battery? The phone is 13 Pro 256Gb.

H3LL5P4WN

macrumors 68040
Jun 19, 2010
Pittsburgh PA
When I do a clean install, I turn on iCloud but I manually install and setup the apps again. The longest time is in the creating of the folders and re-installing the apps. As I am setting up the phone I grand check if the Safari text marking still works okay.
Yeah, I’ll never been doing a clean install the way you do. Most of those apps are in folders.

Attachments

• A91C82B8-8297-4B21-8C36-5E4EAF4ABFC3.jpeg
    A91C82B8-8297-4B21-8C36-5E4EAF4ABFC3.jpeg
    139.1 KB · Views: 108
  • Haha
Reactions: LFC2020 and Pearsey

StumpyBloke

macrumors 603
Apr 21, 2012
England
Whenever I ask Siri on my HomePods for the details of the currently playing track, it always give details of one of the previous ones. I then have to ask again to get the correct details. This started with 15.4 and happens on all of my HomePods. This is using Apple Music. Anyone else?

atton

macrumors regular
Dec 16, 2016
London, UK
I think it is the stupid AirTags or something. I have the same happen on my iPad. Somehow it also shows the Home App in my stats which I do not even have installed 🤷🏼‍♂️

I never do an OTA update and I stated fresh on both devices recently. Didn’t even restore from a backup.
I had the same issue and it indeed was an AirTag to blame. I had one laying around on my desk so my phone kept trying to ping it cause it was nearby.
I read somewhere it could be an AirTag so I unlinked the AirTag since I’m not using it and the issue went away.
Hope this helps!

Reactions: sorgo †

sorgo †

Cancelled
Feb 16, 2016
I had the same issue and it indeed was an AirTag to blame. I had one laying around on my desk so my phone kept trying to ping it cause it was nearby.
I read somewhere it could be an AirTag so I unlinked the AirTag since I’m not using it and the issue went away.
Hope this helps!
Pesky AirTags—more trouble than they’re worth. As I mentioned before I returned mine shortly after purchasing upon noticing frequent interruption of/interference with the signal between my AirPods and phone. Plus, while the ‘Tags themselves might see battery life of a year or more, I have a sinking suspicion that the devices to which they’re linked may take a significant, pronounced battery hit.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jumpie and LFC2020

Blue Hawk

macrumors 68000
Dec 18, 2017
Germany
Battery life is great. I’ve used my phone rarely the last days and after 3 days I’m at 20%. Nearly 0% usage in standby and over night. I only wished they would fix the last issues iOS still has.

• Love

LFC2020

macrumors P6
Apr 4, 2020
I have had touch registration issues with my 13 Pro Max since 15.2.
You’ve had this issue for a while now. ?

I’d be asking for a replacement phone soon, if these touch issues don’t go away.

Maybe one of the software updates broke something hardware wise, like the iPhone 7 mic issues a while back. ?

Family member had this issue ? with their iPhone 7 two years ago, software update knackered their mic, got a free replacement from apple.

1649023747752.jpeg

LFC2020

macrumors P6
Apr 4, 2020
Pesky AirTags—more trouble than they’re worth. As I mentioned before I returned mine shortly after purchasing
Can I return mine? Had them since launch day. 🤔😂

Not having any issues with them, haven’t needed them once, since I’ve had them. 🫤

1649024525493.jpeg

• Sad

Taz Mangus

macrumors 604
Mar 10, 2011
You’ve had this issue for a while now. ?

I’d be asking for a replacement phone soon, if these touch issues don’t go away.

Maybe one of the software updates broke something hardware wise, like the iPhone 7 mic issues a while back. ?

Family member had this issue ? with their iPhone 7 two years ago, software update knackered their mic, got a free replacement from apple.

View attachment 1985971
Already ran hardware diagnostics on the phone and it found no issues. I guess I could request a express replacement under the Apple Care+ I have. It is annoying but it isn’t really a showstopper yet.

Reactions: LFC2020
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.