Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Jumpie

macrumors 68020
Jul 7, 2008
Atlanta
I’m downgrading to iOS 5.0.1.

View attachment 1985984
Maybe your battery life will be better. And if Siri works better for Ozzies, it should for kiwis too. Now if they'd just fix that pesky British full stop, @Pearsey might downgrade too ?
D4B60C8D-EAAC-4797-B762-78D2C5FE5226.jpeg

Taz Mangus

macrumors 604
Mar 10, 2011
Something I noticed, before I did the clean install the scrolling seemed kind of sluggish but smooth. After the clean install the scrolling seems bit more responsive. When I flick the screen it seems to not slow down as quickly and I had have it scroll longer before it stops.

Who knows maybe I am just imaging it.

LFC2020

macrumors P6
Apr 4, 2020
In the video he mentions something about lockups. What I have experienced twice is the Settings it would freeze up and I restarted Settings. Not sure why it was happening.
Hmmm, not seeing this over here, is there a certain page you’re on in settings when this happens?

Fred Zed

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2019
Upstate NY . Was FL.
Anyone having issues with (my 1st world problem) the Safari background image on start page sometimes working and sometimes not between devices? I have selected a photo from my iCloud Photo Library. It shows on one device but not the other and sometimes it just shows a blank white background.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: LFC2020

Taz Mangus

macrumors 604
Mar 10, 2011
Hmmm, not seeing this over here, is there a certain page you’re on in settings when this happens?
Not on any particular page of Settings. I was on the main page of settings and it refused to scroll. The other time it was on a page of Settings. I did force of my phone. Will see if that resolves it.

Reactions: LFC2020

LFC2020

macrumors P6
Apr 4, 2020
Anyone having issues with (my 1st world problem) the Safari background image on start page sometimes working and sometimes not between devices? I have selected a photo from my iCloud Photo Library. It shows one one device but not the other and sometimes it just shows a blank white background.
Can’t help you here Lime, refuse to use iCloud, not worth the headaches.

If it helps, I’m not having these issues when using default safari backgrounds and my photos.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fred Zed

LFC2020

macrumors P6
Apr 4, 2020
Not on any particular page of Settings. I was on the main page of settings and it refused to scroll. The other time it was on a page of Settings. I did force of my phone. Will see if that resolves it.

Not seeing this.

Only issue I’ve had so far, the Disney + app has crashed twice since installing 15.4.1.

Anyone having issues with (my 1st world problem) the Safari background image on start page sometimes working and sometimes not between devices? I have selected a photo from my iCloud Photo Library. It shows on one device but not the other and sometimes it just shows a blank white background.
Your iPhone may run out of RAM and struggling with storage. Thus a hard reset is required. Try hard-reset the iPhone and see if it fixes the issue. You may also want to clear cache in safari as well.

• Wow
Reactions: svish and Fred Zed
Something I noticed, before I did the clean install the scrolling seemed kind of sluggish but smooth. After the clean install the scrolling seems bit more responsive. When I flick the screen it seems to not slow down as quickly and I had have it scroll longer before it stops.

That 120Hz Pro-Motion has got you going wild, 😝

• Haha
Reactions: Fred Zed

LFC2020

macrumors P6
Apr 4, 2020
Enjoy it whilst it lasts. No much investment going on with your American "franchise" club either last I checked.?

It would be nice to have man city owner at the helm, open cheque book. ??

Back on topic, wonder if he installed iOS 15.4.1. ??

LFC2020

macrumors P6
Apr 4, 2020

Maybe you should try using One UI. 🤔😂

SmugMaverick

macrumors 6502a
Aug 31, 2017
UK
Not sure if mentioned but I’m getting absolutely sick of safari reloading and losing the ability to press the back button. I have to go to history to go back a page, it’s very annoying and only started with 15.4.

I expected better on the 13 Pro.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.