Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
Sage, Lightning, and Mountains
yeah it’s a bit hit and miss for me on live text. Does for some pictures and others you think it will pic up text nicely and the button doesn’t appear ?

not sure how it can’t see THANK YOU on the picture ?

What bugs me most with this feature, I’ll be on say, Amazon, and want to pull up a book that looks Interesting. Instead of opening the thumbnail, it will highlight the text.
Annoying.

and yes, Spell Check still sucks.

Last edited:

Mabincredible2

macrumors newbie
Jun 10, 2020
Hi.

I updated my phone yesterday and in the settings the message "iPhone storage almost full" won't response or disappear after clicking on it. Anyone else experiencing this issue?

• Haha
Reactions: Babygotfont

ToddH

macrumors 68030
Jul 5, 2010
Central Tx
I updated to iOS 15 yesterday and the only issue that I have so far is that there is no sound when my emails come in even though I have my custom sound or default sound attached to the notification. They just come through silently. I’ve change the sound, power cycled the iPhone and also did a hard reset, still no sound. Any advice? Am I to do a restore?

Pilot Jones

macrumors 6502a
Oct 2, 2020
CF961A6C-5F45-4293-ABDE-8BB060C0B220.jpeg

Apple ID image is missing from the Screen Time widget. It just shows the first letter of my name instead.

Anyone else having the same issue?

• Haha

Morac

macrumors 68020
Dec 30, 2009
I found an annoying bug that fortunately has an easy work around. When I edited the Home Screen to add widgets suddenly a bunch of folders got badge numbers. None of the apps inside had badges, though that’s certainly because I disable badges for most apps. Basically the folder was showing badges for apps with badges turned off in that folder.

The work around is simple though, just edit the Home Screen and move the folder and the badge will go away.

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
Safari is buggy. Sometimes when I go to Google and tap in the search box it doesn’t bring up a list of my recent searches. And then if I close out of Safari and go back in all my open Safari tabs are missing. If I reboot the device I get them back but then some other apps like Twitter and Instagram have me logged out and when I log back in any recent searches are missing.

• Haha

town3r

macrumors demi-god
Jul 15, 2012
Madison, WI
Has anyone else noticed issues w/ iOS 15 and Latest Transactions in the Wallet App not updating correctly or missing data after removing and re-adding a card? (Specifically an Apple Card)

iOS 15.1 beta 1 seems to have resolved the issue! ?

Last edited:
  • Haha

CoronaOnTap

Suspended
Oct 24, 2019
Hello, tried the new Private Relay (beta) with a few web sites, and it works smoothly.

how could I know the traffic has been hopping over apple and 3rd party servers and encrypted?
tap the AA on safari bar. Then look at your privacy report. Might help

Check for your IP on websites like whatismyip(dot)com and if it shows the provider as Akamai, CloudFlare or Fastly then it is working as intended. If it shows your own ISP like Verizon then it’s not being routed through Private Relay (PR) servers.
You can use traffic analyzer apps on your Mac like Wireshark to see if the network traffic is encrypted. And just FYI, only the Safari and the unencrypted traffic leaving your device will be routed through the PR servers. Everything else would still connect normally and will be able to see your public IP.

sbailey4

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2011
USA
I updated to iOS 15 yesterday and the only issue that I have so far is that there is no sound when my emails come in even though I have my custom sound or default sound attached to the notification. They just come through silently. I’ve change the sound, power cycled the iPhone and also did a hard reset, still no sound. Any advice? Am I to do a restore?
Perhaps a "Reset all settings" will help. That typically will resolve weird issues and is pretty much non-destructive. You will have to add back wifi networks, bank cards for Apple pay, and wallpaper and of course go through your settings to set like you want but apps and data will remain. Better than the nuclear option of restoring.

Reactions: ToddH

mchart

macrumors member
Feb 13, 2013
Anyone else having issues accessing the iCloud 'Change storage plan' section? Whenever I go into this menu I just receive a 'Cannot Connect' error message. I've restored my phone, etc and it just won't come up.

Reactions: Pressureman

timeislove

macrumors 6502
Sep 2, 2020
Check for your IP on websites like whatismyip(dot)com and if it shows the provider as Akamai, CloudFlare or Fastly then it is working as intended. If it shows your own ISP like Verizon then it’s not being routed through Private Relay (PR) servers.
You can use traffic analyzer apps on your Mac like Wireshark to see if the network traffic is encrypted. And just FYI, only the Safari and the unencrypted traffic leaving your device will be routed through the PR servers. Everything else would still connect normally and will be able to see your public IP.

Tkyou!

Post in thread 'iOS 15 ― Bug Fixes, Changes, and Improvements'
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/ios-15-bug-fixes-changes-and-improvements.2312048/post-30311997

My other post here. Could you advise it is my misunderstanding or real a new bug to iOS 15.

i could not recall anything like this in iOS 14.7 but I do not a second iOS device to compare.

Tkyou again!

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
Sage, Lightning, and Mountains
This really bothers me. Maybe someone can help me better understand.
Updated my work phone yesterday to 15 OTA. 12 ProMax This is a work phone.
After update erased old backups. Backed up all but MS apps (work has those turned off) and Photos (turned off).
Went in and looked at the backup details tonight. Even though turned off, Photos was backed up and turned on in the backup.
How can Backup Photos be turned off yet shows as on in the backup itself?
I am starting to feel like I have major gaps in how backup really works…
479F3699-EA75-4E29-8821-C7577C40AE8B.jpeg CE19E8EB-640A-4C8A-85B4-BFFE863A4547.jpeg

• Haha
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.