Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Morac

macrumors 68020
Dec 30, 2009
It looks like Apple really doesn’t want you to use the old widget location on the iPad. If multiple stacked widgets exist on that slide over page, only the topmost one works, which is really annoying.

Another annoyance is widgets sometimes don’t remember their location when going from portrait to landscape.

CoronaOnTap

Suspended
Oct 24, 2019
Tkyou!

Post in thread 'iOS 15 ― Bug Fixes, Changes, and Improvements'
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/ios-15-bug-fixes-changes-and-improvements.2312048/post-30311997

My other post here. Could you advise it is my misunderstanding or real a new bug to iOS 15.

i could not recall anything like this in iOS 14.7 but I do not a second iOS device to compare.

Tkyou again!
How and where did you use the Hide My Email feature? Cuz that's not a typical syntax for email address the service creates. It usually looks something like "sam_biscuits_0b@icloud"

• Haha
Reactions: Babygotfont

eicca

Suspended
Oct 23, 2014
Well I’m impressed so far. Seems smoother than even 14.8 on my 12 Mini. Battery life might even be better. It certainly isn’t worse.

Other than some functions being changed or removed and some menus and settings being more confusing, seems like a solid release.

And I REALLY love having the text magnifier back.

JackieTreehorn

macrumors 6502
May 22, 2005
Amsterdam
yeah it’s a bit hit and miss for me on live text. Does for some pictures and others you think it will pic up text nicely and the button doesn’t appear ?

not sure how it can’t see THANK YOU on the picture ?
I found out that there is a Live Text setting in Language and Region you have to toggle too, before Live Text works.

asfalloth

macrumors regular
Dec 4, 2013
London
Anyone else noticed when playing radio from Apple Music app on iPhone 12, then taking a call, the apple radio never resumes but always need a re click on play?

timeislove

macrumors 6502
Sep 2, 2020
How and where did you use the Hide My Email feature? Cuz that's not a typical syntax for email address the service creates. It usually looks something like "sam_biscuits_0b@icloud"

the email addr I show in the screenshot was the email addr that I used to send a test msg to the “Hide My Email” random relay email addr. The email relays works perfectly.

Just the email addr of the sender, yes that should my default gmail addr, should be like accountid@gmail.com

But it is now shown as accountid_at_gmail_com_randomstring_icloud.com

Attachments

• ACBE1635-2B59-4DBC-B0F4-71D46088EE10.jpeg
    ACBE1635-2B59-4DBC-B0F4-71D46088EE10.jpeg
    45.4 KB · Views: 82

kave

macrumors 6502a
Oct 31, 2012
Sweden
The Photos and memories is so much worse than iOS 14. In memories we could previously look at the individual photos, no more. I have tried exporting a movie from a face but it never finishes. I have a 500Mb Internt connection and it never finishes on my iPad Pro m1 or iPhone 13 pro.

purdnost

macrumors 6502
Dec 2, 2018
Here are a few that I’ve come across so far:

iOS 16.4

With Dark mode enabled:
Settings > Messages > Share Name and Photo.
Change photo to PNG with transparent background.
Photo in Settings shows correctly in iPadOS 15, but incorrectly in iOS 15.
Background should be dark, but instead it’s white.

Home app > Home Settings > [my name] > Show Me on Apple TV:
Show me is disabled on my Apple TV even though I am signed in as the primary and only account. Shouldn’t this sync?

iPadOS 16.4

Open remote control from control center.
Press iPad sleep/wake button to sleep.
Press iPad sleep/wake button to wake.
Top-left corner displays microphone, volume, etc. icon silhouettes.

Open a text conversation.
Enable split mode (either side).
Disable split mode.
Text will often appear outside of the text bubbles as if they’re not wrapping properly.
This may need to be tried on a few text conversations before the issue appears.

Test again: Maps > Business Location > Report an Issue > Add Hours
When I select the correct hours for a business and tap done, they’re not displayed on the submit screen. When I do it on my phone, they are.

Last edited:

Frankras

macrumors regular
Mar 9, 2012
Anyone else having issues accessing the iCloud 'Change storage plan' section? Whenever I go into this menu I just receive a 'Cannot Connect' error message. I've restored my phone, etc and it just won't come up.
Nope. Just the options to change storage plan. try to turn off the phone and restart it. Some time that wor…

• Wow

Morac

macrumors 68020
Dec 30, 2009
I see there’s a setting in Find My for sending notifications to my iPhone if I leave whatever device that’s set on behind.

That’s useful, but the same setting is on my iPhone. It says it will send a notification to my iPhone if I leave my iPhone behind. Does that make any sense at all?

• Haha
Reactions: NBKindaGirl

devesh9

macrumors member
May 23, 2016
Cannot use Touch ID on 6s. Removed earlier fingerprints and then tried to register fingerprints again. Not happening. Any suggestions

• Haha

sqenixs

macrumors newbie
Apr 20, 2021
Either I'm doing something wrong or I found a bug. I have focus mode turned on, and have "Hide notification badges" for home screen turned OFF. However my slack app, for example, is not showing badges when I get slack messages. I already checked in the notifications settings that I have badges enabled for that app. Is this a focus bug, a slack app bug, or something else?

EDIT: nevermind, apparently my slack app had crashed which was why.

Last edited:
  • Wow

sqenixs

macrumors newbie
Apr 20, 2021
I really wish focus mode had the ability to silence/disable certain mail accounts in the mail app. So when I am not at work the mail app does not show me anything from my work email. The only solution for this right now would be to have two separate mail apps.

Project Alice

macrumors 68020
Jul 13, 2008
Post Falls, ID
United States
  • Verizon - 47.0
  • Visible (MVNO Verizon) 46.0
  • Verizon (iPad) - 41.0
  • T-Mobile - 47.1
  • AT&T - 47.0
  • FirstNet - 46.0
  • FirstNet (iPad) - 41.7.6
  • Cricket - 40.5.2
  • MetroPCS -
  • U.S. Cellular - 46.7.24
  • Sprint - 40.0
  • TracFone/Straight Talk/Walmart Family Mobile - 46.7.13
  • Xfinity Mobile 45
I have FirstNet 47.1 and T-Mobile 47.1
FirstNet is a Sim card, T-Mobile is an eSim.

Attachments

• F886966E-7FDB-4692-A55C-C4A7EEB6A6FA.jpeg
    F886966E-7FDB-4692-A55C-C4A7EEB6A6FA.jpeg
    106.3 KB · Views: 79
Reactions: Banglazed
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.