Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cobold

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2014
Dieburg, Germany
It would put the RC release at the same time any other beta releases are out, though. I'm thinking RC today and final release on Friday.
I mostly agree but would guess monday as the release day for the final.
Friday releases are very uncommon for non-critical software updates as there is a whole weekend, where things might go wrong and customers going wild 🤣

Friday -> preorders of new iPads
Monday -> iOS 17.5 release
Friday 17th -> release of the new iPads (with 17.5 preinstalled)

Cobold

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2014
Dieburg, Germany
The RC is coming out today 100%? How do I install the RC? Do I need to install a beta profile?
You know that we all are just tech interested users? How should we now „100%“ that an RC comes out today? :rolleyes:
Ask Apple, ONLY they know 100%.

And - sorry for the rant - if you don’t know how to install a pre-release version of iOS, you are probably not the target group to do so.

Realityck

macrumors G4
Nov 9, 2015
Silicon Valley, CA
The RC is coming out today 100%? How do I install the RC? Do I need to install a beta profile?
Yes you either can sign up for dev releases via Apple ID on apple developer but you have several agreements just don’t pay the fee, stop at that point, go check software downloads on the site or easier the public beta associated with your Apple ID from https://beta.apple.com/

Last edited:
Reactions: JFLECHUGA

Benz63amg

macrumors 601
Oct 17, 2010
Yes you either can sign up for dev releases via Apple ID on apple developer but you have several agreements just don’t pay the fee, stop at that point, go check software downloads on the site or easier the public beta associated with your Apple ID from https://beta.apple.com/
Another member above just commented that I can install the RC without installing any beta profiles right from the software update page within the settings app by enabling “beta updates”, is that correct?

Maloney~888

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2018
Another member above just commented that I can install the RC without installing any beta profiles right from the software update page within the settings app by enabling “beta updates”, is that correct?
Yes it is. Just select Dev beta updates from the drop down. It will present you with beta 4 now. Just deselect it until the RC is released. Reselect it and Bobs your aunties husband.

s2mike

macrumors 68020
Sep 14, 2015
In your opinion, is the RC the actual final release that will be rolled to the public next week or you think a newer build will be rolled to the public?
We have no way of knowing this.

Most is the time the RC ends up being the final release, but not always.

Reactions: Maloney~888

RichP74

macrumors regular
Dec 16, 2012
In your opinion, is the RC the actual final release that will be rolled to the public next week or you think a newer build will be rolled to the public?
50/50. That said, even if it is different, it will update from the RC to the final next week without any special effort.

Maloney~888

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2018
Can’t be ruled out but usually although not always the RC is final. Someone may come along with the stats to show the odds.

Benz63amg

macrumors 601
Oct 17, 2010
Does the rc include any beta tools on it like prior beta versions of iOS in the past that let users report bugs etc or is the RC free off such tools and looks just like an official release version?

Also, if I update to the RC, once updated, can I then turn off beta updates from the software update settings page? Would I need to be on the beta profile to see the official public release next week if it ends up having a different build number?

Spocky

macrumors regular
Aug 16, 2015
When do you guys think the RC of 17.5 is going to be released? And is it worth installing it or might as well wait for the final to drop officially?

Can you please explain further how I’d go about installing the RC without the beta profile?

How would I verify the version that shows up in software update later on today is the RC?

So in about an hour and a half we should see the RC available, right?

Are you taking the Michael?

s2mike

macrumors 68020
Sep 14, 2015
Does the rc include any beta tools on it like prior beta versions of iOS in the past that let users report bugs etc or is the RC free off such tools and looks just like an official release version?

Also, if I update to the RC, once updated, can I then turn off beta updates from the software update settings page? Would I need to be on the beta profile to see the official public release next week if it ends up having a different build number?
• The RC includes the Feedback app. Other than that, it looks exactly like an official release. (Once you download the RC, you can turn Beta Updates OFF and restart your phone and the Feedback app will be gone).

• Once you’ve downloaded the RC, yes, you can turn Beta Updates back OFF and you’ll be good to go. If a newer version of 17.5 is released to the public next week, you’ll still be prompted to download the final version without turning the beta profile on again.

Reactions: Benz63amg
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.