Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Realityck

macrumors G4
Nov 9, 2015
Silicon Valley, CA
Do we have a list of how many times in the past year or so the RC was indeed the final release Vs. the final public release having a different build number?
It's relatively rare and I been using beta cycle seeding for years. If it does happen and there is no update to a slightly newer seed from the RC for Devs or PB testers, you simply don't worry about it.

Reactions: Benz63amg

gank41

macrumors 601
Mar 25, 2008
I still say there's decent chance for 17.5 5o be released this Friday. It's not that unheard of to get a Friday Release.

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013
Do we have a list of how many times in the past year or so the RC was indeed the final release Vs. the final public release having a different build number?

What’s up with all these questions? Almost sounds like you are writing a news piece. Who cares how often the RC is not what is publicly released? It happens once in a great while.

JFLECHUGA

macrumors regular
Aug 10, 2021
León (Spain)
That's the kind of thing to ask after some time of using it.. Considering it was just released.....
A new compilation of the entire package, can cause poor stability due to some parameter entered erroneously, in beta compilations, everything has gone like silk, but in an RC we already have precedents of having to withdraw it due to problems in some users, the last one not long ago, for that reason it has been my question or statement "how stable will it be?" Come on, let's see what brings us again!!

Realityck

macrumors G4
Nov 9, 2015
Silicon Valley, CA
A new compilation of the entire package, can cause poor stability due to some parameter entered erroneously, in beta compilations, everything has gone like silk, but in an RC we already have precedents of having to withdraw it due to problems in some users, the last one not long ago, for that reason it has been my question or statement "how stable will it be?" Come on, let's see what brings us again!!
Still we can only tell you pretty much if it installs successfully at this point, I have 2 iPhones and a iPad in process none completed yet.

gwang73

macrumors 68020
Jun 14, 2009
California
Can you please explain further how I’d go about installing the RC without the beta profile?
You can click the Spoiler in the 1st post of the 17.5 RC thread or any software update thread. RC is always the same procedure as a beta.
Screenshot 2024-05-07 at 11.13.34 AM.png

Reactions: gank41

Benz63amg

macrumors 601
Oct 17, 2010
I installed 17.5 RC, running smooth on my 15 Pro so far. Hopefully the public version that comes out next week won’t have a different build #

Last edited:
Reactions: Kal Madda
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.