Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

s2mike

macrumors 68020
Sep 14, 2015
Hoping for a new build for the final 17.5 release that fixes the awful quality of audio recordings in the Messages app. They completely messed that up.

Reactions: Hans300

Benz63amg

macrumors 601
Oct 17, 2010
Leaning slightly towards tomorrow (Monday). But it really could be either day.
Logic Pro 11 is coming out tomorrow as we all know, I don’t know why Apple would wait till Tuesday to release the new MacOS update (along with iOS etc) if they are releasing such a major update to their premier music production software tomorrow. I really hope we see all the updates finally drop tomorrow

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013
Logic Pro 11 is coming out tomorrow as we all know, I don’t know why Apple would wait till Tuesday to release the new MacOS update (along with iOS etc) if they are releasing such a major update to their premier music production software tomorrow. I really hope we see all the updates finally drop tomorrow

That actually is an argument against releasing 17.5 today (Monday) due to server and distribution node load. The new Logic Pro update only requires 17.4, so there is no dependency there, either.

• Wow
Reactions: Populus

Benz63amg

macrumors 601
Oct 17, 2010
Yikes, I guess we won’t see the update today then
That actually is an argument against releasing 17.5 today (Monday) due to server and distribution node load. The new Logic Pro update only requires 17.4, so there is no dependency there, either.

• Angry
Reactions: Hans300

Kal Madda

macrumors 65816
Nov 2, 2022
Yeah today (Monday) for releases is more common. Tuesdays seem to be more common for betas.
I agree, that’s what I’m thinking as well. At least this year (iOS 17 is the first release I’ve been a part of the beta program for), I’ve noticed that Betas tend to come on Tuesdays and Public Releases seem to nearly always be Mondays. 👍🏻

Reactions: Realityck

sbailey4

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2011
USA
IMO that whole "server load" stuff is a myth. Apple has a huge infrastructure and on release day there are billions of devices that can get an update. They stagger the auto updates of course but certainly they can handle distributing their updates upon request.

Populus

macrumors 601
Aug 24, 2012
Spain, Europe
The funny thing is that, despite waiting all this time to restore/format my iOS 16 devices to finally jump to iOS 17, if the new software is released today, it will have to wait because I’m busy with some work going on on my Mac, iPad and iPhone, and now it’s not the time to make a clean install. But I’ll do it as soon as I can.

Reactions: Kal Madda

Abthevolfan92

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2022
17.4.1 was on a Thursday. I suspect that is what you are thinking. 17.3 was on a Monday 17.4 was on a Tuesday.
It might been a tuesday then I remember we where all expecting it on the monday and there were several people angry only for it to come out the next day

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.